ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Pictures

Old January 27th, 2011, 07:27 PM   #1
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZZR 250; 1996 Suzuki Katana GSXF 600; 80s Yamaha 650 Special; 70s Kawasaki 350 Triple

My "new" bike + bike for sale

I just got myself a 1996 Suzuki Katana GSXF 600 in excellent condition. Not spectacular in any way, shape or form, but all-around nice enough. 0-60 mph in 4.1 seconds, tops out around 140 mph, can do the quarter mile around 11.5 seconds - won't break any records, but is a solid 9. At 440-lb dry weight it is not a light bike, but feels rock steady in the straight, and flickable in tight curves. Gives me back my relaxed mid-size sport-touring feel, with a good dose of sport thrown in. I much prefer it to the Ninjette on the highway, but I went downtown today, and still took the Ninjette.

Since I don't want to own two bikes at once, one of the two bikes is for sale, and since I like them both differently but to the same degree, it means that both are for sale, until one of them is sold. If interested, please let me know.

Here is a walk-around of both bikes:

Last futzed with by Anthony_marr; January 28th, 2011 at 01:17 PM.
Anthony_marr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2011, 08:58 PM   #2
JMcDonald
ninjette.org sage

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_marr View Post
Since I don't want to own two bikes at once, one of the two bikes is for sale, and since I like them both differently but to the same degree, it means that both are for sale, until one of them is sold. If interested, please let me know.
I just wanted to say, I have never seen or heard anything like this, but it is actually a really cool outlook on the situation . Good luck on the sale!

Old January 27th, 2011, 09:03 PM   #3
DBentley415
ninjette.org member

Name: Kayla

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250

sell both a buy a new gen ninja

*In paradise there ain't no clocks...*
DBentley415 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2011, 09:23 PM   #4
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZZR 250; 1996 Suzuki Katana GSXF 600; 80s Yamaha 650 Special; 70s Kawasaki 350 Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchesney415 View Post
sell both a buy a new gen ninja
Call me old fashioned, but I prefer classic rock and R&B.

Old January 27th, 2011, 10:17 PM   #5
Yasko
Texas Newbie

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja EX250, 07 FZ6

Your 250 is sweet...
Yasko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2011, 12:43 AM   #6
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

If I had the money to do it I would buy your ZZR and ship it to Florida. I can get a katana like that one here, I've seen for sale. Your ZZR however is not available ANYWHERE in the states. So that would be awesome to get. Still annoys me that they never brought that model to the US.

Oh well, if this had happened like maybe 3 months from now I might consider figuring out the deal. But atm I can't buy anything more then food and gas cause I gotta wait till I've been at my new job long enough to get my first paycheck since August.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2011, 01:15 AM   #7
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
If I had the money to do it I would buy your ZZR and ship it to Florida. I can get a katana like that one here, I've seen for sale. Your ZZR however is not available ANYWHERE in the states. So that would be awesome to get. Still annoys me that they never brought that model to the US.

Oh well, if this had happened like maybe 3 months from now I might consider figuring out the deal. But atm I can't buy anything more then food and gas cause I gotta wait till I've been at my new job long enough to get my first paycheck since August.
Hey Mike,

By what you wrote, you really value the ZZR, and would take meticulous care of the bike if you had it. I sincerely hope you can swing it. I can't promise I would sell it dirt cheap, however, especially since it has only 4500 miles on it and is in mint condition.

As you may know, I road the Big Sur circuit on this bike last spring, and it was great on the coastal highway. The ride itself was terrific. It is the endless straight interstates that would make you wish for a 600. If you buy the bike, come to Vancouver and ride it down the coast to southern California, then ship it from LA to Florida.

Anthony

Last futzed with by Anthony_marr; January 28th, 2011 at 10:14 AM.

Old January 28th, 2011, 03:22 AM   #8
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Well for that to happen 2 other things would need to happen first. 1) get my w2 so I can see what sort of tax return I might get, and 2) find a buyer for my 1990 Corvette. If those can happen before you sell one then we will definitely have to talk.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2011, 10:34 AM   #9
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Well for that to happen 2 other things would need to happen first. 1) get my w2 so I can see what sort of tax return I might get, and 2) find a buyer for my 1990 Corvette. If those can happen before you sell one then we will definitely have to talk.
Mike, if I let my Ninjette go, I would not want it to go to somebody who just want a cheap mode of transportation, but to someone who would baby it like a collector's item. I do hope that you could do it.

And I will want visitation rights!

Old January 28th, 2011, 10:44 AM   #10
slolane
Motorcyclist

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS

Nice bikes. I had 2 Katanas and they are pretty comfy street duty rides... All day comfort and pretty quick enough. Good luck on the sales.
slolane is offline   Reply With Quote