Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old April 9th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #41
revstriker
ninjette.org sage

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBull View Post
+1 I have a friend who has one of these and I'm going to try and get one before the hot Texas summer hits. She wears it under her jacket and says she stays nice and cool.
I was thinking of picking up one of those evaporation vests this year. I've heard that they work pretty good.

As for pants, I have a few different types, but I don't really like any of them. I always feel like I'm wearing ski pants. I mostly just wear jeans. I do have a pair of draggin jeans which are pretty nice IMO. Probably not in the "stylish" department, but then seem to be built very well, and are comfortable. Of course, I haven't really tested them out yet.
revstriker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2010, 08:01 AM   #42
FerociousNINJA
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja TwoFiddy

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
Has anyone heard about this Sliders Kevlar Jeans. I been reading a lot of reviews today and it seems to be a great pant. I know is a jean, but is better than nothing.

http://www.compacc.com/p.cfm/c/1001002/p/21798
Those Kevlar Jeans look interesting... For a summer jacket I'm using the Dainese Air G w/ the added back protector.
http://motorcycles.about.com/od/gear...cle_jacket.htm

Anyone here used the Icon Leg Guards & Shorts Field Armor?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JodR3ig-ees
FerociousNINJA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 14th, 2010, 09:12 AM   #43
sprale
Dead-thread Necromancer!

Name: Levon

Motorcycle(s): K5 V-Strom

I just bought my first Aerostich bit of riding apparel. I got the Darien pants in grey.

They don't have a heavy lining, so cold mornings require thermals. I haven't ridden in heavy rain, but light showers don't penetrate at all. I've ridden up to the low 80's so far with no complaints regarding heat. They're not flashy, but really comfortable and seem built to soak up more miles than anything I've ever owned. Can't wait for an excuse to but the Darien jacket.

I think that they will do fine for summer riding. I rode for two years with black JR Ballistic pants in Texas. For really hot days, I'll keep my grey Tourmaster mesh pants.

Everything looks better in black, but the Texas summer sun disagrees and I've given in after a few years of everyday riding...
sprale is offline   Reply With Quote