ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old February 10th, 2015, 07:39 PM   #1
stimpee
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 1 2005 Ninja EX250, 1 2008 Ninja 250, 1 2009 Ninja 250

2005 Pre-Gen Ninja 250 Track/Race Bike - $1350 OBO

2005 Ninja 250 (Pre-Gen) race/track bike for sale.

This was built from a very low miles (2100 or so) street bike that was in excellent condition.

It has woodcraft clip ons
Rearset brackets
Custom molded lower fairing with liquid capacity and exhaust clearance
New Muzzy full exhaust
Jetted
Pirelli Diablo Scooter tires with 4-5 track days on them (a few races) and TONS of life left.
Molded rear seat cover for number plate
Molded front number plate

There are a few cracks in the upper fairing (stock one).

Otherwise, this bike is in excellent condition.

I can sell the bike in various forms - at/near the asking price in full running condition

For $1200 will sell with existing motor with rod knock along with a running spare motor that needs to be installed

For $1050 will sell "as is" where it needs the engine replaced.

I ran the bike with the "wrong gearing" at Roebling with CCS on the practice day. The bike is very quick in a straight line and was pulling to the upper 13k rpm range at the end of the straight. It was running fine and still pulling so I did not change gearing.

Bad move.

At the next track day I went out in the first practice and the engine had a bad rod knock and lost power. Lesson learned.

In any case, I can fix it for asking price, or sell as is for $300 less, or anything in between.

Selling because I got a newer ninja for myself that I am fixing up, and need the money from this and my son't new gen ninja to fund my son moving up to an SV650. This is a GREAT starter bike.

I also have tons of spare street parts, and could sell with parts to convert back to excellent condition low-miles street bike as well.

Pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/etxbtn0cg...N7QKOrMYa?dl=0

Located in Parrish FL, about 45 minutes south of Tampa.

Thanks,
Steve
stimpee is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.