ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old December 7th, 2008, 04:00 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[twistingasphalt.com] - Not Your Father’s VCR

After many, many months of hard work it’s finally time to “Roll to Tape” — This weekend we started recording the final master tapes for each of the eight episodes of Twist The Throttle and I have to admit it has been a surprisingly emotional experience that has felt unlike the ending to any other project I’ve ever worked on.

On one hand I’m truly excited to see the project come to its natural conclusion as we approach the air-date of the first episode, yet on the other hand after working on Twist for nearly 21 months its hard to imagine that it’s time to ‘let go of it’. Back when I was in film school there was a often repeated expression that ‘films are never finished, they’re just put on hold for awhile’. Up until now I honestly can’t say that I’ve ever exactly felt that way before. Usually by the ending of this process there’s just an overriding sense that want it to end. You’ve seen the show a thousand times already and you’re mentally ready to move on.

But this time around it genuinely feels different.

Instead of feeling burnt out on the show or the subject matter, I find myself feeling more engaged if that’s even possible. As I watch each hour pass by, I keep thinking about the millions of little choices that make up an hour of documentary television — From the placement of the camera on a given shot to decisions made in the editing or the narration. There are an endless litany of decisions and yet the second an image rolls to tape the reality is that there’s nothing more that can be done because it’s time to let go of it.

Click here for full story...