Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old March 4th, 2009, 01:15 AM   #41
KnoxNinja
BRKDWN.

Name: Jimi

Motorcycle(s): 89 GPX250R, 89 GPZ500S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
Just be on the lookout for black ice. Sounds like conditions might be about right for it in spots.
The high temp tomorrow is supposed to be in the low 50's here, and going up from there each day. So it'll be plenty safe by the weekend. I'm thinking of riding up Thursday or Friday afternoon to see how the salt is. I hate to say it, but we really just need a good soaking rain up there.

Also keep in mind... the time changes Sunday morning. One more hour of daylight to ride!

CB, they've rescheduled the Pellissippi autocross event for this Sunday since the weather was bad last weekend. Think we can get lil' Cheeto tuned?
KnoxNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2009, 07:01 AM   #42
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

Cheeto will be spitting fire my friend (in the good sense of the term), do not worry your little rotary-tuned noggin.

Also, Saturday morning at European Auto Garage there is a car show. Cars and Coffee they call it. Everyone can find me there if interested. Porsche's, Aston's, Jag's, Ferrari's... it's going to be a fun day. www.europeanautogarage.com will link you to the event and pictures of past events.

Back to the CHeeto, I found a sweet little carb set up for you. I bet you $100 it works better than the one you have now. I don't care how good you say that thing is. Put some coolant in it, bring it to the shop and we'll tune it. Get Chris to part with one of his cars too. I'm hooked.
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2009, 11:24 PM   #43
KnoxNinja
BRKDWN.

::: Road condition update! :::

The salt is a bit heavy on portions of the TN side. It's still easily passable, as there are clear paths from traffic kicking it out of the way. You just have to be selective about your line in certain spots and take it slow. Aside from that, most of the Dragon itself is quite ridable, and the NC side all the way down the Hellbender to Fontana Dam is clear thanks to NC being flat broke. So I think it was totally worth the trip today. The weather was beautiful and traffic was the lightest I've seen it in a LONG time. I probably won't be up there again this weekend though, as I'm still having an issue with the 500R randomly cutting out on me. Grrr.

Old March 5th, 2009, 11:35 PM   #44
kkim

did you ever install a clear plastic inline fuel filter?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2009, 05:58 AM   #45
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

He installed the filter... Correctly this time... It seems to ride fine on the way up there but on the way back it'll cut out about every 10 or so miles. After adding fuel treatment to it it seems to run fine. This is based on the last trip to Deals Gap and information he gave to me last night about the ride he just took.

Also, I'm headed up there today to check road conditions and get some practice in. Maybe I'll be able to get some pics for everyone.

Old March 6th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #46
kkim

take the tank off, slosh the gas around and dump the entire contents out into a container to see what's in there. fill up with fresh gas and see if the problem continues.

Old March 6th, 2009, 05:21 PM   #47
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

No ride to the Gap today. Went riding with some dudes on old school GSX-R 600's. They were stunned to find out I was on a 250. I love these little things.

Assuming the weather is decent there will definately be a Gap ride tomorrow.

Kelly, good advice, I've told him a million times it's trash in the tank... lol I hope he doesn't prove me wrong and embarass me.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Be safe!!

Old March 12th, 2009, 03:32 PM   #48
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

oops:

http://jalopnik.com/5168730/stop+mot...-of-the-dragon
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2009, 03:49 PM   #49
kkim

yeow!! he was pretty far off his line to begin with. sightseeing perhaps?

Old March 12th, 2009, 05:52 PM   #50
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

ouch! though I had to chuckle a bit at his shoe flying off
noche_caliente is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2009, 06:10 PM   #51
KnoxNinja
BRKDWN.

He wasn't off his line at all... his line just extended beyond the boundaries of his lane, right Corey?

Old March 12th, 2009, 06:58 PM   #52
jpnfrk
Her name is Itoshii

Name: Nani

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Did the rider break a car window?

Old March 12th, 2009, 07:11 PM   #53
KnoxNinja
BRKDWN.

Looks like he at least stole a mirror. Wouldn't be surprised if he took the window too.

Old March 13th, 2009, 06:38 AM   #54
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Ya, his Apex was a little off. Looked like it was right on the B-pillar of that Blazer.

Wednesday I went up to the Dragon. Nice ride. There was some construction and an excavater had tipped over in the middle of the street leaving some diesel. It was a little wet also. All in all it was a decent ride. A couple on a VFR-1000 had traveled to the Dragon. The man let his wife putt around on it and she accidently dropped it. Broke a mirror off. Just reminds us we all need to be careful no matter how long we've been riding. Stay safe everyone.