ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 Farkles

Old February 17th, 2013, 10:32 AM   #1
tfkrocks
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Need help with installing Scottoiler VSystem

So there isn't Ninja 300 specific directions yet, but I figured it would be about the same as the FI Ninja 250R directions that Scottoiler has on their site. I have no idea how to remove the vacuum tube from the throttle body. I'm not entirely sure I'm even looking at the right part honestly. Maybe it would be better to just cut the tube to do this? Really could use some guidance on this.
tfkrocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 17th, 2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfkrocks View Post
So there isn't Ninja 300 specific directions yet, but I figured it would be about the same as the FI Ninja 250R directions that Scottoiler has on their site. I have no idea how to remove the vacuum tube from the throttle body. I'm not entirely sure I'm even looking at the right part honestly. Maybe it would be better to just cut the tube to do this? Really could use some guidance on this.
Hey, i've fitted one to my ninja 250r don't cut the tube just yet, my 250r had one vacuum tube come off the throttle body on the left side of the throttle body and a bung over the spiggot on the right hand side, I took the rubber bung off and fitted it to that.

Well, I cut the bung off with a knife as it was a pain to pull off, then fit the rubber L joint bit and you're golden.

Assuming the 300 throttle body is the same as the 250 which I doubt as it's a different system.
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 17th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #3
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
The system needs a vacuum signal "to know" that the engine is working and to open the valve that supplies the drops.

You can run a vacuum tube (available at Autoparts) from any existing vacuum nipple.

If none is free, a T (plastic part also available at Autoparts) inserted in the existing vacuum tube may be necessary.

Forward video to 3:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...drzqNKo#t=201s
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 17th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #4
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
The system needs a vacuum signal "to know" that the engine is working and to open the valve that supplies the drops.

You can run a vacuum tube (available at Autoparts) from any existing vacuum nipple.

If none is free, a T (plastic part also available at Autoparts) inserted in the existing vacuum tube may be necessary.
They come with every part you need to fit it any which way, they have brass T joins and spare vacuum tubing and everything.

It's better to take the vacuum off the throttle body from a blocked off port than go round cutting your tubes as you will be able to revert the system back to normal without buying a new tube.

The scottoiler website may have instructions for you.

Old February 17th, 2013, 11:08 AM   #5
tfkrocks

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Yeah I was having trouble pulling off the rubber bung on what I am pretty sure was the throttle body. You'd recommend just cutting the bung off then?

Old February 17th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #6
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Quote:
Yeah I was having trouble pulling off the rubber bung on what I am pretty sure was the throttle body. You'd recommend just cutting the bung off then?
That's what I had to do, the spiggot has little rings around it that keeps that sucker on like super glue.

I just ran a sharp knife down it gently till it sliced through and then it was plane sailing.

Old February 17th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #7
tfkrocks

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
I know you have a 250R but does this look like the right part to you? I'm looking from the right side of the bike.

Old February 17th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #8
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Quote:
I know you have a 250R but does this look like the right part to you? I'm looking from the right side of the bike.

Sorry I can't make it out from that photo.

The throttle body is between the airbox and the engine block if that helps.

I removed my fairings, seat and tank to make it easier.

Old February 17th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #9
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

This is the throttle body, the silvery lump, the wheel with the cables is your throttle and that attaches to the throttle body.

The grey and black plastic connector bits with the wires I believe are the fuel injectors and the bit on the left is your engine block and the right is the airbox.

Look for rubber tubes coming off this.

Old February 17th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #10
tfkrocks

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Cool, thanks for the info. I will give it another go later.