ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old September 29th, 2010, 09:26 PM   #1
TXninjaGirl
ninjette.org member

Name: Stephanie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Question help on choosing exhaust

Ok, so I have been reading up on slip-on exhausts... now, I love the look and sound of the 2 bros (at least from what i've seen on youtube) but i dont like the price... and I like the look and sound of the MGP growler, AND i like the price... but i've been reading, and lots of people have said that the MGP is SUPER loud....also, i havent really heard much negative or positive on the yoshimura... what slip-on is the best for the price?
My purpose for wanting a slip-on is not for performance and HP and etc etc... I just want my bike to look and sound good... not like the wimpy pipe that comes stock, in fact my brother said it sounded like a ceiling fan gone wrong... lol... anyways... i was hoping to get some advice on where to go from here....I don't want it to be loud enough to wake the entire neighborhood, maybe just the houses around me lol. Thanks in advance for your help!

Old September 29th, 2010, 10:06 PM   #2
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

Name: Vince

Motorcycle(s): Black 08 250r

what's your budget?
want1sobad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #3
Cuongism
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

Link to original page on YouTube.

I took a quick vid of my yoshi so you can get an idea of the tone/pitch. It's hard to record sound so like any YouTube video, it's much louder in person.

Stock can is 87db at idle and I believe the yoshi can is 102 db at idle (I have a silencer in so it'll drop 4-5 db). I blipped it every 1k rpm from 3k to 10k. My engine is completely cold and no choke is used. Hope this helps

Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2010, 11:03 PM   #4
TXninjaGirl
ninjette.org member

well i'd like to spend about $300-$400, but the mgp is a better price for around $266.. but i'm really leaning towards the 2 Bros because it is my favorite look so far (which of course i am wanting the Carbon Fiber look, so i know whatever i get, its gonna be more expensive than the regular aluminum) and from research on youtube, this website, and kawiforums, it seems to be a pretty decent sound.... i recently found it on Biohazard Cycles website for a pretty good price of $355.... i do like the yoshi but it way out of my price range at over $500.... here's the link for the 2 bros... .... does this seem like a good price? http://www.biohazardcycles.com/servl...407V-M2/Detail

Old September 29th, 2010, 11:08 PM   #5
Cuongism

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

If you're not stuck on the carbon look, Cindy is selling her 2 bros aluminum slip on for $200.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...highlight=bros
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2010, 11:17 PM   #6
TXninjaGirl
ninjette.org member

thats a pretty great deal... i'm just not sure if aluminum would pull of the look that i want... im sure going to check into it though

Old September 30th, 2010, 05:58 AM   #7
addy126

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Steph.. I have the alum 2 Bros slip on and have been happy with the product except the "alum" can. It shows every imperfection over time .. spotting on the can from water and street fluids. Have tried to keep the new shine look on the darn thing and its next to impossible.
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2010, 08:32 AM   #8
lux
ninjette.org guru

Name: lux

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

I have a LeoVince slipon and like it. Nice and deep sound at idle - in person, obviously, and also from the YouTube videos I found. As far as I can tell, very loud without either of the two supplied baffles installed. It comes with a straight-through baffle installed and I think I'm going to put it back on and check the volume level. The other supplied baffle has a closed end with holes in the tube.

I like the way it looks. It doesn't come in CF as far as I know.
lux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2010, 08:50 AM   #9
TXninjaGirl
ninjette.org member

Hey addy, thanks for the tip. I had been wondering about that.... Also, ive been thinking it over and I really do think CF is the way to go... But now I'm also looking at the 2 bros Black Series and I am in LOVE!!! With the way it looks! And it looks like I can get it over $100 cheaper through Biohazard Cycles website. And my total would be $415 just a little over my budget, but I think that if that's the look I want why not spend the extra money and from what I've seen, the two bros has a pretty great sound.... Has anyone ever delt with them? I've read a couple reviews from other websites and they seem pretty legit. here's the exhaust I'm looking at: http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopp...005-2080407V-B
and here's the biohazard link with the black series upgrade option:
http://www.biohazardcycles.com/servl...407V-M2/Detail
so seems that I might be ordering this early next week unless I get talked out if it! Lol

Old September 30th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #10
kkim

$415 would almost buy you a full AP system. just sayin'...
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2010, 11:55 AM   #11
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #12
headshrink

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

I'm a reluctant late comer to the aftermarket pipe crowd, as I always said I would never change my quiet little stock pipe.... but for other reasons I ended up changing my mind. I can't speak with authority on choosing a pipe, as mine isn't even delivered until this coming Monday, but I'll give you something to think about, based on my experience.

Even though you don't currently want to change your pipe for performance (only sound and look), can you be sure you won't eventually change your mind? If you do change your mind, it will be more expensive in the long run. Once you get a slip-on, and start messing with your jetting a little, you may get increased mechanical confidence, possibly enjoying the process, and wake-up one morning with a crazy idea which will lead to spending more money..... Mechanically, a full system isn't much more involved, as slapping on new headers is pretty straight-forward, so I assume it is the cost that is scaring you away (you also mentioned budget as a concern). My suggestion is to REALLY think it over, and save your money a little longer if you find that you REALLY would like a full exhaust.

Just something to kick around.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #13
Liquidtoon
ninjette.org member

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

I don't know if any of you would be interested but I found a site who seems to think their 3D carbon vinyls will hold to the exhaust can rather well and still last a few years. For 8 bucks they are sending a sample to test, my plan is to stick the sample under the stock heat shield if it can hold up to the heat on the pipe then is should last on the can. Might be a nice visual upgrade over the out of place chrome for those of us that are keeping the stock exhaust. Plus red carbon on there with black accents sounds much nicer than BBQ black paint, lol.

http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/blog/...ferent-colors/
Liquidtoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #14
DAKINECHICk
-

Name: Liz

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Suzuki GSXr 750

I have the M4 carbon fiber exhaust slip on and it is/was by far my favorite as far as looks and sound go. I LOVE IT!!
Makes the bike look and sound like a beast.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg exhaust.jpg (107.8 KB, 15 views)

Old September 30th, 2010, 04:57 PM   #15
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Have you considered a HMF exhaust for a 250 Ninja . Check YouTube for the videos.
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2010, 08:32 PM   #16
TXninjaGirl
ninjette.org member

Thanks for the feedback guys! The reason for my decision on a slip on instead of the full exhaust is : 1) they do run at a higher price. 2) im not a mechanical person, and would probably screw something up while installing and re-jetting etc. etc. and 3) i dont believe that any mod will make the bike go that much faster.... so my decision is based highly on looks and sound. Also, I plan on getting a bigger bike in the future, so im not worried about getting my ninja in race shape . I just want a fun little bike that i can just hop on and go, and hopefully itll be something that i can keep around for a long while.... I checked into the HMF and the M4... both are pretty good looking exhausts but they both seem to be a little bigger than i am wanting, and look to be on the more expensive side.....also, addy, i saw that you have a P1 power tip, does it really make that much difference in the sound?...

Old September 30th, 2010, 08:43 PM   #17
tapdiggy
Humble Observer

Name: Truong

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Yamaha XT250

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
This. Long Core CF with the truncated cone tip. Or something like that.

Old September 30th, 2010, 09:16 PM   #18
Reswob
ninjette.org sage

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Triumph Bonneville Black

'Good looks' and 'aftermarket can' don't belong in the same sentence. Especially with 'carbon fibre'....

Old September 30th, 2010, 10:01 PM   #19
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXninjaGirl View Post
.... I checked into the HMF and the M4... both are pretty good looking exhausts but they both seem to be a little bigger than i am wanting, and look to be on the more expensive side...
Both are smaller and lighter than the stock can. The HMF is about $250 shipped.
http://www.motoworldonline.com/HMF-L...09_p_3165.html
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2010, 11:04 PM   #20
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cindy

I will warn you that the TBR pipe is loud, very loud. If you do decide to spend the money please get ear plugs.

Please take a look at the dyno charts from my bike, the AreaP system makes a huge difference (fyi the blue is a TBR slip on). There is 5hp gain at peak and 12hp gain at the soft limiter. Does it make it feel like a liter bike, no, but does it give it a little bit more power and pep... heck yes, I love riding my bike even more after getting a full system.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...18&postcount=3

$415 is a ton of money to spend on a slip on imo. If you are getting in that price range you should just go with an Akrapovic if you want a slip on that badly. If it was me, I would just save up and get the AP full system (it's $495 for the standard CF system).
http://www.biohazardcycles.com/servl...-CARBON/Detail
GeneJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2010, 11:33 AM   #21
illrational
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Black '11 ZX-6R

YOU can get new aluminum 2 bros slip on for 300

Old October 1st, 2010, 11:50 AM   #22
rwheelz
Moroccan Gold Imports

Name: RJ

Motorcycle(s): '03 ZX9R, '03 ZX7R & wife's '09 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneJunkie View Post
I will warn you that the TBR pipe is loud, very loud. If you do decide to spend the money please get ear plugs.

Please take a look at the dyno charts from my bike, the AreaP system makes a huge difference (fyi the blue is a TBR slip on). There is 5hp gain at peak and 12hp gain at the soft limiter. Does it make it feel like a liter bike, no, but does it give it a little bit more power and pep... heck yes, I love riding my bike even more after getting a full system.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...18&postcount=3

$415 is a ton of money to spend on a slip on imo. If you are getting in that price range you should just go with an Akrapovic if you want a slip on that badly. If it was me, I would just save up and get the AP full system (it's $495 for the standard CF system).
http://www.biohazardcycles.com/servl...-CARBON/Detail
GeneJunkie you should be getting royalties from AreaP. You already have me sold! I just don't want to take the bike apart or work on it until the riding season is over. As soon as the snow hits, I will be putting in my order!

Old October 1st, 2010, 11:58 AM   #23
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheelz View Post
GeneJunkie you should be getting royalties from AreaP. You already have me sold! I just don't want to take the bike apart or work on it until the riding season is over. As soon as the snow hits, I will be putting in my order!
Hahaha. I'm forever in debt to Kerry and all the guys at AreaP for all the work they did on my bike. It's a great product, and it really sells itself honestly, I'm just showing the results of their hard work.
GeneJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2010, 09:37 PM   #24
AdreeN
ninjette.org member

Name: AD

Motorcycle(s): 250r

i have the two bros bf slip on for the 250r...it is ridiculously loud and piercing.
it really bothered my ears when i didn't wear ear plugs, and even when i did wear ear plugs.
just going from 10-50 it sounds like you're revving your bike to the limit.
idle is also very loud and obnoxious, i genuinely felt sorry for pple that had to hear it.
i was getting ready to sell it...then...i came across a two bros p1x power tip : http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238610
you mentioned the p1/p1r power tip. i've been reading that it generally doesn't offer a noticable diff. only 1-2db lower, but the p1x is very noticeable, but it might even be "too quiet" at times.
it has completely changed it. it isn't high pitched and piercing to the ear now, it has a more modest lower growl. idle has changed to the point where it isn't waking up the neighbours in the morning, and when you're not pushing it, it sounds like it now. but when u do, it still has a loud rumble that i love.
it'll be quiet when u want it to, and loud when u want it to.
it came with the bike, so it saved me alot of cash
if i got to pick out of all the slipons i've heard, it would be the akrapovic (if u want it loud-ish) or the areaP (quiet core).
just my two cents, and my experiences with the two bros can.
btw i love it now though haha.
AdreeN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2010, 10:06 PM   #25
TS250
ninjette.org member

Name: MARCO

Motorcycle(s): 2008 NINJA 250, BLACK, 650 NINJA 2009, RED, F 650GS BMW 2012 YELLOW

I have the MPG and I love it! I have an Arrow for my 650 and is 6 times louder than the growler. My wife says that it sounds like a hellicopter is landing. The growler is very good looking and it goes perfect with the carbon fiber hugger from scott's. You will not beat the price and the look.
TS250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 4th, 2010, 09:05 AM   #26
addy126

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Steph... I like the M4's, but really I didn't want a track bike, nor dick around with re-jetting etc. so the 2 bros was the trick for me. I wanted the louder and lighter look and feel. The power tips is another 30.00 bucks, I located mine on Ebay. It lends itself to decreasing some of the noise but not all that much. I still use it tho. As for "too loud"... all depends on how much you crank that throttle up to red line. In the neighborhood I don't so my neighbors aren't concerned. In traffic well yes, I throttle it up as well as on the freeway. I love that red line "whine"... You just have to get over the "oh my god they hear me now" syndrome. The slip on added just a little more on the power. I saw the "black" version and loved it a month or so ago. My concern on the CF that once the packing depletes and you don't catch it, the warning is it will burn thru the CF and you will be due a new one. I do love that new "black" version tho. Hell Steph, buy what you like for the reasons you want.... and quite frankly the simpler the better for what we want it for. Go forth young woman! You will be satisfied with the slip on and the sound, trust me! (check ebay for the cheapest sell off tho) Side note: a cager-guy caught up to me at a stop light, inquired as to the make of the aftermarket, gave me the thumbs up and a big smile then said he loved it as it whined by him on the street! Followed me for 3 blocks to listen to the thing lol
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 4th, 2010, 09:46 PM   #27
TXninjaGirl
ninjette.org member

Thanks guys!!!... I do believe i am going to go ahead and get the CF 2 bros slip-on. i just haven't decided on black series or not.....lol.... they have this new "custom-shop" where you can get the screws, power tip, bands, and custom sticker to match your bike and your- preference. but i have a while to decide, because some unexpected expenses came up, so looks like the exhaust will have to wait. hopefully by the beginning of november I'll be able to get it. ... I'll put up pics (and maybe even video) when I get it installed.

Old November 1st, 2010, 10:33 AM   #28
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Name: Natalie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 Special Edition Red/Black

TXNinjaGirl: I'm looking into getting the black series as well. Curious to know how your purchase goes with the site you provided. Please keep us updated on your decision and how your purchase goes. Thanx

Old November 1st, 2010, 04:05 PM   #29
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

I had stock, then Yoshi then Akrapovic...nothing beats Akrapovic I'll tell you straight up for experience. They are expensive....but you get quality & satisfaction. Kind of like Ford vs Ferrari. Both will get you where you want to go but....
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 1st, 2010, 08:38 PM   #30
headshrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawboyCAFE View Post
i guess i am the only guy on here who likes how quiet the stock is. aftermarket is ok, i just prefer quieter exhausts now. to each his own i guess.
I like the quiet stock, although I went with the Area P QC for performance..... and it is true, you do get used to the added db. It seems loudest to me when you are moving slow, but at freeway speeds, all that sound is behind you.

Old November 1st, 2010, 11:08 PM   #31
headshrink

Quote:
i hate to say its because i am getting older, but i guess it is.
But haven't you heard? We are returning to a society that respects, cherishes, and revers the elderly....

Crap... one can dream. Well I like my grays, and you sir are getting smarter with every passing year. Haven't you heard the saying, "Quiet pipes are for the super-wise and more experienced!"

Old November 1st, 2010, 11:33 PM   #32
headshrink

Quote:
yeah, that whole "loud pipes saves lives" is bullcrap. i had just as many people almost hit me with loud pipes as with quiet ones.
They were probably pissed at you with the loud ones

Old November 2nd, 2010, 04:43 AM   #33
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomwalk101 View Post
I had stock, then Yoshi then Akrapovic...nothing beats Akrapovic I'll tell you straight up for experience. They are expensive....but you get quality & satisfaction. Kind of like Ford vs Ferrari. Both will get you where you want to go but....
That's because you never tried Area P...

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 2nd, 2010, 10:51 AM   #34
carlos
ninjette.org member

Name: carlos

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250r

man i heard of all the name brand exhaust but no one brought up jardine. i think its one of the best ones, and the price is unbeatable. 298 for a full exhaust set up
carlos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 2nd, 2010, 11:06 AM   #35
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

If anyone is interested in the two brothers slip-on, I got a pretty decent price on it. I've actually had my eyes on the black series for a while, but the price is what threw me off. After seeing TXNinjaGirl's link about the one listed at Biohazardcycles.com I did a little research about the company. Does seem legit and a few other members from this forum have successfully purchased from them. I found that they sponsor sportbikes.net site and found a contact name for one of their salesman, so I took a chance and emailed him and asked for a quote. Retail for the Two Brothers black series slip on is $559.98, which I think is outrageous. After speaking with Tom from Biohazardcycles, I was able to get this slip-on for $399 shipped, so I went for it. Should be shipped to me by the end of the week. Another plus, is that they accept paypal. They just sent me a paypal invoice and I paid that way, which makes me feel even more comfortable with the purchase knowing I have the protection paypal provides.

Like NinjaGirl, I got this strictly for looks and sound. Not looking for much of a performance upgrade, nor do I want to get a full exhaust system and have to mess with re-jetting the bike. Hopefully by next week, I'll have some pics of this baby on.

FYI: As a backup plan, I emailed Motorcycle-Superstore and asked if they would pricematch biohazardcycles.com list price of $408.98 and I just got an email saying they would.

Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:34 AM   #36
carlos
ninjette.org member

Name: carlos

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250r

look he's selling a CF 2brothers slip on http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59011
carlos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 3rd, 2010, 11:03 AM   #37
airmax
ninjette.org member

Name: airmax

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250r

Natty girl - Did you get the black series for 399.99? I suppose the carbon fiber would be 50 dollars cheaper. I, myself am also looking into a two brothers
airmax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 3rd, 2010, 11:15 AM   #38
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Yes, Carbon Fiber Black Series for $399. I'm not sure what the standard carbon would be. You can always email the guy. Tom@biohazardcycles.com. He responds pretty quickly.

Old November 8th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #39
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

It came today. Can't install it until Thursday though. More pics to come.

Old November 11th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #40
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Exhaust is on... you can check it out here

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...080#post233080

Video comparison of Stock Exhaust vs. Two Brothers Slip-On vs. Two Brothers Exhaust w/ P1 Silencer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dir1hVileyA