Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old August 30th, 2016, 11:00 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - GasGas On The Gas at AMA National Enduro and AMA Endurocross

GasGas Factory U.S. riders, Broc Hepler and Geoff Aaron scored Top 10 finishes in racing action this past weekend. Aaron finished an impressive 8th overall in the season opener of the AMA Endurocross Series in Atlanta, GA on Saturday, August 27th and Hepler finished 10th overall at the 7th round of the AMA National Enduro Series on Sunday, August 28th. Both riders were competing against the best riders the U.S. has to offer and both came away with strong results and a clear indication that GasGas will be reckoned with in off road competition.

The Endurocross opener in Atlanta proved just how challenging and competitive the series has become with a start studded field lining up for the main event. According to Aaron, “There were certainly a lot of butterflies with it being the season opener. I just wanted to make sure I qualified for the main event and came away with some solid points. My EC300 ran great all night and I’m confident I can build on the result next weekend in South Dakota”.

With high humidity and temperatures in the nineties at the National Enduro the following day, the 500 plus riders in attendance were treated to dry and dusty conditions over the 72 trail miles with 6 total tests. Once again Factory GASGAS rider Broc Hepler put in a fantastic ride winning the ACES portion of the event and finishing 10th overall against the best enduro riders in the country. Hepler and his GASGAS EC300 have been the dominant force in ACES Enduros all season long.

Hepler said, “The Grassman Enduro went well. Obviously my Top 10 goal was met, but just barley. I felt decent and the bike work great. I was hoping my speed was a little closer to the front, but I have to remember I’m racing the fastest Enduro guys in our country and I wasn’t too far off. I just need a little more intensity and speed to keep the gap smaller towards the front.”

This is the sixth consecutive overall win for Hepler in the Aces Series and the first National Enduro top 10 overall for GasGas. Team Manager/Rider Johnny Barber put it this way “Broc showed he has the speed to run with the nation’s top enduro riders. The gap from 1st to 10th wasn’t much and with some more National Enduro experience I believe Hepler could compete for a win. I’m very pleased with our results this season and looking forward to next weekends ACES Enduro in Athens, Ohio as we continue to close in on the championship. Special thanks to Dawn Hepler and Tommy Johnston as well as all of our amazing team sponsors that includes Gas Gas Motos, Lunova Group, 6DHelmets, Super B Lithium batteries, Tri-State Powersports, Shift Racing, SCOTT Motosports, Golden Tyre USA, FMF Racing, Spectro*Oils, HBD Graphics, Numbers Brewing Company, P3 Composites, LLC, PR2 Suspension, Mika Metals, Bullet Proof Designs, G2 Ergonomics, Seat Concepts and Evans Powersports”.

GasGas is on a mission to reintroduce its line of world championship winning motorcycles in the U.S. Recently purchased by Torrot Electric Europa S.A. GasGas is already proving itself against some very tough competition. Watch for continued progress as the summer racing seasons its full stride.

GasGas On The Gas at AMA National Enduro and AMA Endurocross appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.

Click here for full story...