ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

View Poll Results: Which option do you prefer?
Option 1: Delay version 5 100.00%
Option 2: Intelligent version 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 6th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #1
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

New type of Brake light Modulator

Hey Everyone,

Since the 3rdbrakeflasher.com people stopped selling their modulators, I've been on the hunt for a new modulator that we could use. Some were either really too expensive, or didn't have the desired features that I think are good for us. Here's what I've found. There's a company called http://kahtec.com/ that build modulators, mainly for cars, but they can be adapted for bikes. They are NOT programmable like the 3rdbrakeflasher modulators I had been selling, but they do have the delay feature. Both products work with either candescent or LED bulbs.

Option 1:
Blinking Smart Stop Delay Version

Same our standard version but when the brakes are applied for the first time causing your third brake light to flash 6 times in Appx.2.2 Seconds and then turn solid. Touching your brakes again within 8 seconds will cause your third brake light to turn on normally without flashing. Product rated at 6amps

Option 2:
Blinking Smart Stop Intelligent Version

This unique product lets you maximize your Brake Light effectiveness when you apply your brakes. It causes your center high mounted brake light to automatically emit a visual alerting signal of 6 light flashes in Appx.2.2 Seconds before entering into a steady Brake Light ON condition. then your center high mounted brake light will automatically flash 3 times then a flashing sequence of 3 flashes every 3 seconds. This sequence will continue all the time the brakes are applied Product rated at 6amps

The reason I bring up the second option, even though I don't like it for a commuter bike is that it is weatherized. The first option is not. Not that it would be a big deal. I could just spray it in plasti-dip which would seal the components.

Unfortunately, the price goes up because their products are much more expensive. Right now, I'm leaning towards their standard + delay version. It just makes more sense, and it's only an 8 second delay, so you could reflash your lights if you're at a stop light or something.

So I put it up to you guys and gals to vote and let me know which you would prefer.

The new pricing for the modulators as a plug and play kit for the 250 will be $45 shipped for option 1. Most likely, it would be $48 for option 2. I'm not sure about carrying both versions at this point, maybe in the future.