Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Notices

Old September 3rd, 2011, 07:46 PM   #1
RedCromwell
ninjette.org member

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250

Misdirected Anger from Cager?

I got done washing my bike and cleaning and waxing the chain so I went for a ride this morning. Nothing spectacular just a few miles around my house in a big zig-zaggy loop.

I get to a red light not far from home and another biker pulls up next to me on his Harley.

I wave/nod to every rider (but not scooters, they annoy the piss out of me ) so I look over to the Harley rider and he won't even look my way. He's got his standard issue H-D gear on: bandanna, pony tail and denim vest.

The light turns green so the H-D rider start "blapping" on the throttle. "What?!" "I said, loud pipes save lives!" "What?!" He takes a left turn and I and the car in front of me continue straight through the intersection.

Well, this is where things get interesting. The car in front of me starts driving really slow. I mean like 20-25 mph in a 45 zone. At first I thought maybe they were lost or something. We get to a part of the road where it divides into two lanes, so I decide to go around them. But, then the driver drives in the middle of the road taking up both lanes and actually starts weaving back and forth. So, at this point, I'm thinking, this "guy" is messing with me.

The lanes merge back into one lane and by now there's a line of cars stacking up behind me as we follow this guy.

I was so tempted to cross the double-yellow to get around him, but I just kept my head and backed off and kept an eye on the cars behind me.

The driver eventually sped up to the posted speed limit and my driveway was within sight so, I got home without incident.

So, I wondered, did the driver in that car think it was me with the "loud pipes" revving at him at the traffic light? I have a stock muffler, so my bike is pretty tame. I would've thought the driver would've realized "hey, the bike behind me doesn't sound anything like the bike I heard earlier."

I'll just chalk up the incident to another person who hates bikers. Any bikers. For whatever reason.
RedCromwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2011, 07:55 PM   #2
Linuss
ninjette.org guru

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Must be something in the air.

I was riding to the bank the other day on a stretch of road that goes from 50 to 40, and I went 45 (Yes, speeding). This car rides my bumper, passes me within inches, and cuts back in.

I give him a 1 finger salute ( ) and he does it back. At the stop light I get in the left turn lane and he pulls up next to me and rolls down his window and says "You need to speed up BOY!" (Yes, he said 'boy' as in the 60's deragatory black name... and I'm white)

I wanted to say / do things, but he was old and I didn't feel like losing my career, so I waved and made my turn when the light turned green.

Some people just don't need to have access to vehicles...
Linuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 14th, 2011, 07:40 PM   #3
reaperw
ninjette.org member

Name: Ian

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

alot of times car piss me off,i mean they know you want them to eithere move over or at leaste do the limit.When the lanes split i have this as well in my area they just stay in the middle and if you try and pass them they move over infront of you like there going to hit you.I guess they figure they own the road b/c there infront of you and as soon as you pass them they slow down and dissapear in the rear view
reaperw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 15th, 2011, 06:34 AM   #4
PsychoNinja
Ninja Dog

Name: Brady

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

I have encountered quite a few d-bag cagers while riding. It's amazing the crap that they do. I especially love it when they are within inches of my rear wheel!

...and since I believe that most cagers, especially those in my area, are complete idiots it wouldn't surprise me if the d-bag in front of you thought that it was you revving up at him. Most people in cars can't tell the difference in simple things let alone the sound of a H-D versus the Ninjette, even though there is a huge difference!

Old September 16th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #5
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

In heavy stop-and-go traffic, a cager made sure I wasn't able to split lanes between her. She moved all the way to the left, almost going into the next lane where another car was, just to make sure I'm stuck in traffic with the rest of them.
The car next to her spotted me, moved over a bit to give me a tight squeeze to fit through, and as I rode by, I punched the girl's sideview mirror. I want to say it broke off, but I'm not sure. If it didn't break, it definitely did get messed up.

Some of you might say that I was being an a-hole in that case, but if you had been there and witnessed this, I think you'd understand my frustration.

Old September 16th, 2011, 06:36 PM   #6
RedCromwell
ninjette.org member

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250

Some days I really feel like there are people who simply hate bikers. I mean for no other reason than we're on a motorcycle.

If you're on a cruiser, then you are in a motorcycle gang and a thug.

If you're on a sports bike, then you are an immature reckless stunter.

Fine if people think that, whatever... but, why do they try to provoke something with us?
RedCromwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 16th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #7
JLinde1339
Fighterer in Training

Name: Joshua

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250R

They're just jealous of us because:

1) They don't have the nuggs to actually ride a bike

2) Their S/O won't "let" them have one

JLinde1339 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2011, 02:14 PM   #8
GreenNinja
ninjette.org guru

Name: I'm a ninja!

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

I get angry reading posts like these. To help you answer your question, the other person is just an ahole. I've had something similar happen to me when I was in a car. I would try to pass up this car going 10 under speed limit and when I did the person would go 20 over speed limit just to prevent me from passing. When I was forced to go back behind the car, the ahole would go back to going 10 under again. There was nothing you could do in that situation. I'm glad you are unscathed though.
GreenNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #9
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
people who try to block or invade your space shouldn't be screwed with. bike vs car, car wins every time. pass them with a lane between at least or take a different route. otherwise they'll intentionally side-swipe you and take off without swapping info. they'll probably be left with not much more than some scratches they can write off as someone damaging their car while it was parked and have insurance pay for it.

i'd strongly discourage people from getting agressive with asshole cars... it won't do anything except make the car be a bigger dick to the next bike

Old September 20th, 2011, 02:26 PM   #10
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
people who try to block or invade your space shouldn't be screwed with. bike vs car, car wins every time. pass them with a lane between at least or take a different route. otherwise they'll intentionally side-swipe you and take off without swapping info. they'll probably be left with not much more than some scratches they can write off as someone damaging their car while it was parked and have insurance pay for it.

i'd strongly discourage people from getting agressive with asshole cars... it won't do anything except make the car be a bigger dick to the next bike
Unless you live in a small town and also drive an F350 super duty

but yeah kinda sucks when youre on a bike... and cause we dont have the quickness or top speed of a bigger bike. :/
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #11
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i ride the 250 and a 600... what i said applies to both. probably more to the 600 since the 250 is so much easier to handle in emergency situations

Old September 20th, 2011, 02:43 PM   #12
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
i ride the 250 and a 600... what i said applies to both. probably more to the 600 since the 250 is so much easier to handle in emergency situations
unless you are on the freeway i dont see in town how you couldn't zip to safety? your acceleration especially on a bigger bike is so much faster than the average car.

Old September 20th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #13
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
if someone wants to screw with you, they're going to screw with you. if you're in a position where you really don't want to be screwed with (riding a motorcycle), then don't let them try. make a turn. stop for a minute or two. go somewhere else. anything else (like passing a car trying to keep you from passing) is asking for trouble.
it's the same in life. someone being a dick and won't let you cross their bridge? take the "moral high-road" and don't cross the bridge then. feel your manhood has been tainted by letting someone else get the "better" of you? well... sounds like someone needs an ego check, because motorcycles don't care how manly you are.

Old September 20th, 2011, 04:32 PM   #14
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

for sure i just meant in the case that they are being a dick and not letting you pass, if they start following you and being all crazy thats another story, and a lot of the time people speed up to "not let you pass" and are not really even aware they are doing it, or didnt realize they were going slow and correct their speed... thats more what im talking about. Trying to pass a lunatic with road rage, wasnt really what I meant.

Old September 20th, 2011, 04:35 PM   #15
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
most of the time i simply lanesplit at 145mph, so people don't see me coming. resolves the whole "trying to block" issue.

though if i'm on the highway i'll pick up the pace a little so i don't get passed by some jackass on a 14.

Old September 20th, 2011, 04:54 PM   #16
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

I usually go about 144 on my ninjette on the freeways when I'm in a hurry... although, that's km/h
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #17
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
most of the time i simply lanesplit at 145mph, so people don't see me coming. resolves the whole "trying to block" issue.

though if i'm on the highway i'll pick up the pace a little so i don't get passed by some jackass on a 14.
145?