Originally Posted by SSR View Post
schroeder's cat.
Schrodinger
CynicalC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #42
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Lol... check this story my mom told me yesterday.

My mom was driving her car on a road where riding aggressively is the norm. A bike came around a hard corner with full lean angle. It scared her so much she slammed the breaks and headed for the white line. She said she almost came to a complete stop.

The biker made the corner and road on.

Then my visit the next day.... She says "I hope you are not riding like that. That guy must have been flying, and I thought he was going to wreck at any moment." I had my cell with me that had a vid of me riding. So I let her watch it. After a bit of education about what is really going on, she is more comfortable with it. She sees me in full gear on a 98 degree day with 98% humidity, going 55 (the speed limit) riding pretty hard. Don't get me wrong, it still scares the crap out of her, but she now understands what the machines are designed to do within "safe" limits.

Like I have said before about the normal perception,

1. it looks fast
2. it sounds fast
3. it must be going fast
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #43
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Quote:
schroeder's cat.

But yes. Although there are two possible outcomes, that does not mean they are equal in the percentage they will happen. That's where statistics *shudders* come into play. Rolling a dice does not garuntee you a 1 in 6 chance of rolling a "3"
We all know it's not true honestly a 50/50 chance. Come on peoples. Read what I wrote. It's just something I have always heard as a saying.

I suppose if you have never ridden before and you get on the street it may be true however. Can happen to perfectly responsible people.

I know the truth. I have near accidents all the time riding like I do.
It's part of the territory.

When I'm not playing around, my chances of crashing go down 99%. That's the respect and responsibility part. It then becomes a game of avoiding idiot cages.

There are times I go to middle of nowhere roads and wheelie practice and I go drag knees too.
I gear up and respect the fact that the bike will probably toss me the more chances I give it.

I knew my crash was coming before it did. That's why I spent $1000 on a two piece. I was ready.
Another $500 on a helmet and $500 on boots and I didn't feel a thing besides the asphalt coming through the leather on my hip. You feel like the entire football team kicked your ass one at a time too, the next day.

I knew there was a high probability I could crash, but didn't realize it COULD actually happen to ME.

Now everything on my bike is fixed besides the F* FRAME. The core part of the bike.
I can't bring myself to pawn it off on somebody in this condition because people have done it to me with my R6 and the dented wheel that they sold me at night cause they painted it black.
Not me. I'm gonna be responsible for this, finish paying off the bike and likely turn it into a stunter so I can crash it some more in empty roads and learn to stunt for real.

Be smart. I'm a smart guy and you're gonna end up like me if you don't believe your bike will kill you in the blink of an eye.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 12:29 PM   #44
planet-beaver
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250, Vulcan 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducducgooseit View Post
? I was under the impression that this is exactly true.
1 in 6 is a chance. Not guarantee. You can roll #5 six times in the row.
planet-beaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #45
ninja250
You are sleeping

I was crossing a bridge over a freeway one time. There was an intersection passed the bridge and a nice turn I wanted to carve after the intersection.
I sped up over the bridge and began to set up for the turn...

But what's this? A white Toyota Camry in the middle of the intersection!
Why? I was so focused on setting up for the corner just passed the intersection, I had forgotten to look up and see the red light I was just now wizzing through.

I panicked and hit the rear brake HARD. WRONG MOVE! bike started to fishtail. I was almost out of room and was about to T-bone this Camry at 45mph and end both my life and the driver's life. For some odd reason my next automatic reaction would be the life saver. I grabbed a handful of front brake while the bike was totally sideways and about to buck me from rear brake. It straightened out half an inch from T-boning the hell out of the side of the camry.

All I wanted to do was set up for a corner, and I had made a huge mistake like missing a red light at an intersection while looking through it to the corner.

I'm pretty sure both me and the driver of the car lost half our lives that day as we sat looking eachother in the eyes face to face, his window open and my visor up, a foot away from eachothers faces. Amazed and shocked I was able to get the bike to stop half an inch fro, the T-bone after running the red at 45-50mph totally by accident.

It would have been very very bad. So easy to die on these.
It would have looked exactly like this..
accept I would have went through driver side door.

It was prevented but the entire incident could have been prevented if I
A) wasn't playing around in traffic and
B) knew to use front brake only on asphalt and how quick I can stop the bike.
I learned immediately that day! If I had not, I'd be dead now.

Another time at Band Camp on the freeway in smoggy Los Angeles I learned not to tailgate and again why you don't use your rear brake. Came to a skidding stop 1" behind traffic that also came to a skidding stop. Almost died!

Ride with tons of room around you, never ride tail! Big mistake!
Don't sit in blind spots either! Countless happenings prevented just watching people make moves into their blind spots that would have flattened me. I like the 30mph rule around intersections and side streets and driveways too. That's got some merit to it. I can stop my ninja doing 30mph very quickly.

Old July 25th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #46
Vegedurden
ninjette.org member

Name: Vege

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ninja 250r

Quote:
schroeder's cat.

But yes. Although there are two possible outcomes, that does not mean they are equal in the percentage they will happen. That's where statistics *shudders* come into play. Rolling a dice does not garuntee you a 1 in 6 chance of rolling a "3"
It has nothing to do with Shrödinger's cat.

And yes, rolling a fair (as in not loaded or anything) dice gives you 1/6 chance of hitting any value. Actually, you have another illustration of the 2 outcomes situation not giving a 50-50 chance: rolling a dice you get two outcomes possible: either you hit a 3, or you don't. Respective probabilities are 1/6 to hit your 3, and 5/6 not to.

To get back to the original context, if you had a 50-50 chance not to make it back from a given ride, you'd only have 1/8 of a chance to be back after the 3rd ride and 1/1024 after the 10th. Luckily, you get a much better chance to get back than not to make it, or motorcycling would be much less popular, and nobody would offer insurance :-D

@planet-beaver: you get exactly 1/6 chance of hitting any number on any roll of the dice, and exactly 1 / 6 ^ 6 ( = 1 / 46656 ~ 0.0000214334705) chance of hitting 5 six times in a row.
Vegedurden is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #47
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r - Traded for 2009 ER-6N

Quote:
That, and I'm pretty sure our bikes will out accelerate a Harley and turn tighter.
Turning, yes. Out-accelerating... No.

Not at all. I've ridden a Ninja 250, plenty of times. I've ridden a few Harleys, various times. They don't make very many that will not out-accelerate a Ninja 250. I know that may hurt some feelings, but so be it. I used to ride quite often with a friend who had a Fat Bob, and frankly, there was no chance of me keeping up in a straight line if he wanted to leave me behind. I know, because I did try on a few occasions, and he pulled on me no problem. On the bright side, with his ridiculously low gas mileage, I could catch up with him at will, in the gas station. And on curves and on-ramps, quite frankly, I made him my bitch at will. I'm sure with the crazy low gearing on the Ninjette, we can take a few Harley right off the line for that all-critical 0-10 sprint, but mostly they will dust you if they even try. You want to humiliate a Harley in a straight line? Get a Mean Streak or a Concours 14.

Handling wise, yeah. Goodbye Harley!

As far as the 50% thing, yeah, I get what you're saying, but hear me out: If you throw around sayings like this that are laughably wrong, it's hard to get a mature person to take what you're saying seriously. That's all I was trying to convey.

Old July 25th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #48
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegedurden View Post
It has nothing to do with Shrödinger's cat...
I saw a cool shirt that said "Shrödinger's cat is alive" on the front and "Shrödinger's cat is not alive" on the back.

I think Thinkgeek sold it.

Old July 25th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #49
planet-beaver
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250, Vulcan 500

Yeah, even the weakest Harley 883cc will smoke our Ninja on 0-60. I ride quite a bit with guys on Sportsters and simply can't stay with them of the line if they get on it. Specially up a hill...
planet-beaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #50
SSR
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jonathan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
It has nothing to do with Shrödinger's cat.
If you take my statement with regards to whether or not a motorcycle driver makes it home, I'd agree. However, I was responding to your post about waking up in one place or another. You will never know where you actually are until you wake up. I'll conceede that my statement may have been misplaced.

Quote:
I suppose you're making a joke but the fact that there are only 2 options doesn't mean they're equally probable. The universe would be a lot stranger if that was the case. Tomorrow morning, you could either wake up at the same place you fell asleep or not. Does that mean 50% of the time you'll have teleported while asleep...?
CynicalC, thanks for the spelling correction. I was in a hurry when I posted that and threw an approximate spelling into google and grabbed the first thing that came back. Ooops.

Old July 25th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #51
SSR
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jonathan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Thanks for the clarification on the Harleys. I've never driven one nor have I ridden with one. Although good to know that a bike with over 3x the cc's can beat us in a straight line.

Old July 25th, 2011, 09:02 PM   #52
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Name: Chaos

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ZX-6r, 2010 250r (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddoak View Post
Turning, yes. Out-accelerating... No.

Not at all. I've ridden a Ninja 250, plenty of times. I've ridden a few Harleys, various times. They don't make very many that will not out-accelerate a Ninja 250. I know that may hurt some feelings, but so be it. I used to ride quite often with a friend who had a Fat Bob, and frankly, there was no chance of me keeping up in a straight line if he wanted to leave me behind. I know, because I did try on a few occasions, and he pulled on me no problem. On the bright side, with his ridiculously low gas mileage, I could catch up with him at will, in the gas station. And on curves and on-ramps, quite frankly, I made him my bitch at will. I'm sure with the crazy low gearing on the Ninjette, we can take a few Harley right off the line for that all-critical 0-10 sprint, but mostly they will dust you if they even try. You want to humiliate a Harley in a straight line? Get a Mean Streak or a Concours 14.

Handling wise, yeah. Goodbye Harley!

As far as the 50% thing, yeah, I get what you're saying, but hear me out: If you throw around sayings like this that are laughably wrong, it's hard to get a mature person to take what you're saying seriously. That's all I was trying to convey.
accelerating and a straight are 2 different things you'll beat em off the start most likely, but considering he's prolly got a 1000cc engine he'll eventually pull past...hence it's a 1000cc engine lol
ChaosFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 09:06 PM   #53
kyrider
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bobbert

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R

Lots of friends said "Man you will die" I asked them if they would be saying this if I bought a 250cc scooter?
kyrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 09:10 PM   #54
oblivion007
"scandal!"

Name: Adan

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R(Crashed 2/26/2014), 09 ER6n

I've heard it all too much and I just disregard peoples concerns as of now.

Be safe
-Uh uh, always am, etc etc

My motorcycle mentor of like 40 yrs experience keeps pummeling me with safety, practice, etc etc that I don't need to hear it from anyone else. I give my sensei all my attention and follow instructions. Just be safe so you don't have to really put up with it.

If they tell you to be safe, tell them you are, over and over. Nothing to worry about.
oblivion007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 09:11 PM   #55
Cuongism

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
Schrodinger

Link to original page on YouTube.

Violation of Lorentz invariance, fresnel circle, and Shrodinger's cat...I'm embarrassed that i laughed at all those jokes. When did Futurama become so geeky.

Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #56
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuongism View Post

Link to original page on YouTube.

Violation of Lorentz invariance, fresnel circle, and Shrodinger's cat...I'm embarrassed that i laughed at all those jokes. When did Futurama become so geeky.

bwahaha wow. futurama owns. i need to watch that show more often.

Old July 25th, 2011, 09:55 PM   #57
ducducgooseit

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): ...

The latest season is full of gems.
ducducgooseit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #58
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Tell people you already bought the bike. Before I bought mine people would say how dangerous it is. But once I owned the bike people just wanted to see pictures and look at it
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2011, 12:07 AM   #59
Vegedurden
ninjette.org member

Name: Vege

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuongism View Post
I definitely need to catch up on that show :-D

@Jiggles: I didn't even talk about it to most people beforehand. Some friends (girls mostly) still voiced concern after but i took it mostly as a display of affection.

@oblivion007: Exactly: non-riders when I'm leaving: 'Be careful' me: 'Always' then move on.
Vegedurden is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2011, 03:38 AM   #60
Locksmiff
ninjette.org member

Name: Darryl

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja ZX-6R

I would probably say. If I ride sensible then I should be fine so long as the cagers drive sensible.
Locksmiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2011, 04:24 AM   #61
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFromAbove View Post
don't know about you guys, but on top of "your gonna die cause u ride a bike" i get a lot of "get a real bike, you know, a harley" i think that one pisses me off even more. i usually respond with something like oh yea, cause i want a bike that will break down every 3 years and overheat in traffic on a hot summer day...
...and one that can't stop or turn very well either. Oh yeah, dream bike.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #62
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

You could also just start belting out the lyrics from Born To Be Wild and drowning them out.

Not recommended, but it's an option.

Old July 26th, 2011, 05:03 PM   #63
Linuss
ninjette.org guru

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddoak View Post
You could also just start belting out the lyrics from Born To Be Wild and drowning them out.

Not recommended, but it's an option.

Or "Barbie Girl"...
Linuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2011, 11:39 PM   #64
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuss View Post
Or "Barbie Girl"...

I've been finding out the more I talk about a motorcycle to the people who have no intentions on getting one, the more they're shutting up and complaining I talk about it too much now. Friends are so bipolar x-( lol
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2011, 01:39 AM   #65
bluesinorbit
ninjette.org member

Name: Joon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Tell them, "Don't speak. I don't want you to sound stupid."

When someone crosses the line of showing concerns to overbearing me with their irrational, anxiety-ridden, negative outlook on life, I stop and tell them, "Thanks for the concern, but I'm well informed on the risks of riding a motorcycle and I take responsibility for my own safety." If they can't grasp from this that an informed adult who accepts the consequences for his actions doesn't want to hear their anecdotal evidence of the dangers of motorcycling and be told that you are practically guaranteed to be injured or killed, I would go as far as telling them, "Don't talk to me about motorcycling, because you don't know what you are talking about."
bluesinorbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2011, 02:38 AM   #66
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

My mother encouraged me to get the bike but I was 27yo. She was always talking about how I should get a scooter or a moped through my childhood and even mentioned that you could get a motorcycle license in some states at 12yo. I know that the family used to have dirtbikes and mopeds before I was born but she's not exactly a motorcyclist and I've never seen her ride anything on 2 wheels in my 30 year life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
We may be talking about ithe same article, unless there were two stories of people crashing into the back of cars.

And that's what I tell my parents. Me getting on a motorcycle is no different then me getting in a car. If its my time, it'll happen one way or another. People die in ar crashes all the time sadly.

The statistics idea is a good idea. Thanks. I remember hearing m13 talk about how america isn't the top dangerous place for motorcycles, which is a good thing lol.
It's VERY different. Ignoring that may make "your time" come sooner rather than later. Unless you believe in some kind of "death fate" that it would happen to you one way or another regardless of your decisions on the fateful day, it doesn't even make sense.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #67
Michaeldphotography
ninjette.org member

Name: Mook

Motorcycle(s): SUZUKI GS500

Motorcycles Are dangerous.

Ok so im starting to get frustrated. I have been looking for my first bike for a couple of weeks now and all the women in my life are driving me nuts. My mom sends me a message everytime there is a motorcycle accident in the news, my girl keeps saying dont do its dangerous, my sister is repeatedly telling me how dangerous it is and to buy a ring instead a bike. All of my female friends keep hating on my new love. Im really getting tired of people having a death story everytime you bring up riding. How did you guys deal with this crap ?????

Old August 24th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #68
ninja250
You are sleeping

Bought one anyways.
Bike > ring.

Bike + ring > bike or ring.

Sounds like you have a lot of work to do.

any way you look at it, get the bike before the ring.
If she leaves you because of the bike, wasn't meant to be haha.
Sticks around, get a ring! (and another bike)

Old August 24th, 2011, 02:38 PM   #69
Heed

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

Ignore them, do what you want. Just be smart about it. There's a lot of people out there -- especially teens who think they're ****ing invincible.
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #70
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Explain that you know it's dangerous, you've accepted it, and you're doing it anyway. It's hard to understand when you haven't ridden before but it just makes sense after you have. Show them what you're doing to be safe and when they say well that doesn't mean you couldn't get hurt my favorite response is "sh!t happens."

Other than that ignore ignore ignore and like KC said

Bike >>>>>>>> ring
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #71
YORCHI
n00b

Name: Jorge

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 Ninja 250

Seriously just ignore them, I played it off and changed subjects a lot and just did my own thing. It goes away soon enough, even my mom got over it and she was the most worried

#KCCO
YORCHI is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #72
r311music
ninjette.org member

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
Bought one anyways.
Bike > ring.

Sometimes you just got to do what you want. I still haven't told my mom and I'm 24 haha. But I'll get the same crap, but I won't ever let go of this addiction. It's just too much fun.
r311music is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2011, 02:43 PM   #73
ninja_sleeper
ninjette.org guru

Name: Carrie

Motorcycle(s): Red 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaeldphotography View Post
Ok so im starting to get frustrated. I have been looking for my first bike for a couple of weeks now and all the women in my life are driving me nuts. My mom sends me a message everytime there is a motorcycle accident in the news, my girl keeps saying dont do its dangerous, my sister is repeatedly telling me how dangerous it is and to buy a ring instead a bike. All of my female friends keep hating on my new love. Im really getting tired of people having a death story everytime you bring up riding. How did you guys deal with this crap ?????

A.) Dump em.
B.) Ignore them and do it anyway
C.) Send them video's of car accidents or even other random freak accidents and tell them how worried you are that this could happen to them.

My dad did this to me. He refused to give me a ride to pick up my bike because he said that my life was more important to him.

They just love you and are women, so they will be naggy.

Once you get it, they'll get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
Bought one anyways.
Bike > ring.
ooooh snap.

Old August 24th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #74
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

/merged with recent thread

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2011, 02:48 PM   #75
Heed

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

Think about it; there are people who actually follow a silly thing called a 2-month rule where you spend two months salary on an engagement ring. The average amount in the United States is like $4000.

You'd be better off buying your wife a Ninjette instead and screw the ring.
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #76
QCNINJAGIRL
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Tina

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F

Dangerous?

I am a 41 year old female that just purchased a Ninja in March and I got a rash of crap! I tell them they are only as dangerous as the person riding them! If they pay CLOSE attention to those articles more times than not it's the cyclist that did something wrong! Usually excessive speed or alcohol! I am very cautious and I LOVE LOVE LOVE riding! I am addicted! I have over 2500 miles I've ridden since March 25th! You will love being a rider and your girl should try it once! LOL I bet she'd like it too! We call our cycles our "THERAPISTS"!! And it is soooo true! Good luck and happy hunting for your cycle!
QCNINJAGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2011, 02:53 PM   #77
ninja250
You are sleeping

Your bike will still be there in the morning to ease your nerves even if you crash it.

Old August 24th, 2011, 02:59 PM   #78
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
It's VERY different. Ignoring that may make "your time" come sooner rather than later. Unless you believe in some kind of "death fate" that it would happen to you one way or another regardless of your decisions on the fateful day, it doesn't even make sense.
Wow, took me a couple months but I just saw this lol. Thats actually exactly what I believe. Im not saying that im going to go out and ride crazy and not care because if it's my time, im gone, but if not, im safe. I'll still ride with safety being my main priority no matter what. I just more so mean, every day there's a chance of dying. A motorcycle does have a great risk, but so does driving a car, or crossing the street, ect.
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2011, 03:30 PM   #79
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

My usual response to "don't ride a bike, you'll die," is, "don't drive a car, you'll die."

I've also responded to two couples with "don't get married, you'll get divorced."

Old August 24th, 2011, 07:50 PM   #80
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heed View Post
Think about it; there are people who actually follow a silly thing called a 2-month rule where you spend two months salary on an engagement ring. The average amount in the United States is like $4000.

You'd be better off buying your wife a Ninjette instead and screw the ring.
This is a stupid idea.

My wife took off on the Ninjette and left me, and I had to be surgically removed from the ring.