ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old September 29th, 2011, 07:50 AM   #1
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

"250R is a girl's bike"

Got into an argument last night with a ZX6R rider who went to high school with me. He INSISTED that I chose a girl's bike (he was actually calling it a "b*tch bike") as my first motorcycle. Even after I explained to him why it's better to start on a 250cc bike than anything else, he said, "Real riders start on 600s and move up to 1000s when they're ready."
I was seriously getting to the point of punching the crap out of him. I don't mind when people openly admit to me that they don't like the 250R, which only happens when I speak to squids & future squids, but when an idiot tells me my choice in a first bike is the wrong way to go, it irritates the eff out of me!

Any of you guys experience something similar?

BTW, I kicked the MFer out of my house & he called me a few hours later to apologize. Asked if I want to go for a ride, but I told him I don't want to speak to idiots who judge a rider's cc size instead of his riding ability. I'm a noob anyway. I don't feel comfortable riding with a squid.

Old September 29th, 2011, 07:56 AM   #2
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

sure.

but the intelligent ones usually admit they wish theyd learned on a smaller bike...

also I dont need to go 150 on my way to work...
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

This was covered pretty well (and humorously) on another local board.

Why the Ninja 250 is NOT a "Girls" bike

I'll quote the first post here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgar View Post
I rode the twofiddy into work today, I was wondering why people think of it as a "girls" bike.

After cutting through traffic like a scalpel through a restrained drugged hobo, I thought of many reasons why it is a manly bike.

1) The bike puts out around 30+hp..That is HORSE power, and think about it, horses have GINORMOUS SCHLONGS, so that makes 30+ HORSE DICKS! That is like 200+ MAN DICKS! Can't get more manly than that.

2) It says, right there on the fairing..Ninja. A ****ING NINJA! Those guys sneak up and KILL BEARS, with their TOENAILS. They shoot POISON from their EYES! Manly to the extreme!

3) It is a twin! All manly bikes are twins! Those two pistons are like steel man fists of power, punching the energy RIGHT OUT OF THE GASOLINE. That is panty wetting potential right there.

4) On the insurance card it says KAWK...right there...it says it, MAN KAWK.

So, stop calling the 250 a girls bike, otherwise if I see you on the highway I WILL go full throttle, and spend the 30 minutes it takes to get to 80 so I can pass you!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #4
Jinx250
Smoker

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Guess....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Green_Demon View Post
BTW, I kicked the MFer out of my house & he called me a few hours later to apologize. Asked if I want to go for a ride, but I told him I don't want to speak to idiots who judge a rider's cc size instead of his riding ability. I'm a noob anyway. I don't feel comfortable riding with a squid.
You will invariably run into people who are of that opinion. of course, this is why so many people DO start on 600s - becuase "everyone" says that's the right thing to do. You made a good choice with the 250, and screw him if he can't get over himself and be happy you're on 2 wheels.
Jinx250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 08:18 AM   #5
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

30 min to get to 80 MPH!!

hahaha that was hella funny.

Old September 29th, 2011, 08:18 AM   #6
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

Never had any experience of that kind. All of the people who I've talked to (riding for 5 - 10 + years, track riders, tourers, people with 600cc, 1k cc bikes) told me that I was smart to start on the 250, they say it's an awesome bike. and they like it.

oh wait... I did talk to this guy once... he said that the 250 is a scooter and is "gay". (he doesn't ride, and he wants to get a "Yamaha gixxer 1000" so I was like okay... in my mind this guy doesn't know shiit cause yamaha doesn't make gixxers lol, I just laughed hahaha)
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 08:22 AM   #7
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I rode the twofiddy into work today, I was wondering why people think of it as a "girls" bike.

After cutting through traffic like a scalpel through a restrained drugged hobo, I thought of many reasons why it is a manly bike.

1) The bike puts out around 30+hp..That is HORSE power, and think about it, horses have GINORMOUS SCHLONGS, so that makes 30+ HORSE DICKS! That is like 200+ MAN DICKS! Can't get more manly than that.

2) It says, right there on the fairing..Ninja. A ****ING NINJA! Those guys sneak up and KILL BEARS, with their TOENAILS. They shoot POISON from their EYES! Manly to the extreme!

3) It is a twin! All manly bikes are twins! Those two pistons are like steel man fists of power, punching the energy RIGHT OUT OF THE GASOLINE. That is panty wetting potential right there.

4) On the insurance card it says KAWK...right there...it says it, MAN KAWK.

So, stop calling the 250 a girls bike, otherwise if I see you on the highway I WILL go full throttle, and spend the 30 minutes it takes to get to 80 so I can pass you!
I love #2. I actually LOL when I read it

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 08:25 AM   #8
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserz View Post
Never had any experience of that kind. All of the people who I've talked to (riding for 5 - 10 + years, track riders, tourers, people with 600cc, 1k cc bikes) told me that I was smart to start on the 250, they say it's an awesome bike. and they like it.

oh wait... I did talk to this guy once... he said that the 250 is a scooter and is "gay". (he doesn't ride, and he wants to get a "Yamaha gixxer 1000" so I was like okay... in my mind this guy doesn't know shiit cause yamaha doesn't make gixxers lol, I just laughed hahaha)
hahaha thats generally the case... A guy who DOESNT EVEN HAVE A BIKE. Says 250s are gay... stupid... lol

at Yamaha Gixxer...

Old September 29th, 2011, 08:29 AM   #9
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

yes there are plenty of ppl who are squid in the mind like that. lol. i know a friend of a friend who once said: "it's only a 250, why do you even need gear?" and he was serious too.
gt_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 08:33 AM   #10
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

To be honest, this guy isn't the first person I've met who told me my 250 is lame. Late last month, a dude in my college Geography class told me, "I used to ride before I crashed & I wouldn't even THINK about owning a 250R!"
He then admitted to me that he wrecked a brand new GSXR1000 & hasn't ridden since then. I literally L O L'd.
Another dude I know said that he wanted a Ninja 250R, but he liked the looks of the R6 better. Wtf? Who cross shops between a 600 & a 250?
We should make a thread titled "Funny/stupid things people say about your Ninja."

Old September 29th, 2011, 08:44 AM   #11
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

I did. The final straw that made me get the 250 was ins. pricing... Im glad I did get the 250 though.

Old September 29th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #12
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I think we all get that at some point.

I just tell them, "ok, find a curvy section of road and I'll go faster than your 600/ricer/lifted diesel(that KILLS ricers EVERYDAY. congratulations, its a diesel. I'm getting 62 mpg when I flog this bike...)". Then they either get all pissy because their ego is bruised, or the smart ones think huh, maybe this bike isn't so bad.

but usually the ones that don't appreciate what the 250 does well are the ones who either don't ride, or the ones who don't know how to ride well and just assume that they're awesome because they can cruise around town.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 08:48 AM   #13
2fiddy
ninjette.org member

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red Ninja 250r

I really don't give a crap what people say about my bike. It's a great machine in my eyes and is more than enough power on the streets. Hell, faster than almost any car you'll see on the road off the line.

Don't worry about what people say, cause it's the ones that do that don't properly know how to ride the right way.
2fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 09:26 AM   #14
spooph

Name: Spooph

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

MOTM - Oct '15
I get that all the time dude, especially after high-altitude rides where the lack of power is exacerbated... I just tell them that I'm a lesbian, cause irrespective of what "I am", I like women... They laugh and we all get over it pretty quickly.... There is no sense in arguing over this, ever, except for entertainment. 2 different worlds, apples and oranges. The most appropriate response to your friend would be: "just shut up".... :P

My therapist has 2 wheels and a seat.
If you are ever in doubt to my tone, please refer to my avatar.
spooph is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 09:37 AM   #15
YORCHI
n00b

Name: Jorge

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 Ninja 250

It is a girls bike, so what, it's still cool lol

...this site is even called Ninjette, what more evidence do you need.

The way I see it, why even bother arguing, if someone asks me questions about it I'll gladly answer them, if someone is just being a complete douche I just ignore them like I ignore all douches

#KCCO
YORCHI is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 09:41 AM   #16
Live2ride

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
This was covered pretty well (and humorously) on another local board.

Why the Ninja 250 is NOT a "Girls" bike

I'll quote the first post here...

Old September 29th, 2011, 09:55 AM   #17
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by YORCHI View Post
It is a girls bike, so what, it's still cool lol

...this site is even called Ninjette, what more evidence do you need.

The way I see it, why even bother arguing, if someone asks me questions about it I'll gladly answer them, if someone is just being a complete douche I just ignore them like I ignore all douches
ninjette as its the little sister to the bigger Ninja.. Not really that its a girl bike... thats how I took it... Im riding a girl. Im not a girl... lol

Old September 29th, 2011, 10:05 AM   #18
Ninja Assassin
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 two-fiddy (red)

Like everyone says, most people think they're too small, a girls bike, too slow, etc. But almost everyone i've met with that mindset didn't ride. They just thought that.

Like someone else said, to be honest my reasoning for buying my 250 was purely price. I like the look of sportbikes. I wanted a new bike instead of used. Thus, i ended up with a 250 that was brand new, didn't cost much, and looks pretty much as good as most sport bikes. I have a few buddies that ride (most of them have harleys) but they all agree that 2 wheels is more fun no matter how your swing it. They'd rather ride a 50cc scooter than a car.

I've met a few pricks though who apparently werent comfortable with their pecker size. Whatever, there are ignorant pricks all over the world. As long as they're respectful about their opinion i don't care. When they start calling it a bitch bike or something they're being disrespectful and i don't mind one bit letting someone get their butt kicked by a dude that rides a bitch bike.
Ninja Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 10:12 AM   #19
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

33% that bought the 250 are women. Think it would have to be 51% to be a real girls bike
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 10:18 AM   #20
Darling Ninja
ninjette.org guru

Name: Annette

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 ABS

My colleagues often encourage that new riders start on the Ninja 250. They all think it's a great bike for men and women alike. The only instance where I've heard them discourage someone from getting this bike is if the person inquiring is over 250 lb and really tall.

Old September 29th, 2011, 10:20 AM   #21
dino74

Name: dino

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 Street, '09 250 Race, '13 300 Race

Quote:
he said that the 250 is a scooter and is "gay".
This could explain why the 250 is always sneaking up behind bigger bikes.
CVMA #55
dino74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 10:26 AM   #22
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
he said that the 250 is a scooter and is "gay".
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino74 View Post
This could explain why the 250 is always sneaking up behind bigger bikes.
Win.

Old September 29th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #23
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fiddy View Post
I really don't give a crap what people say about my bike. It's a great machine in my eyes and is more than enough power on the streets. Hell, faster than almost any car you'll see on the road off the line.

Don't worry about what people say, cause it's the ones that do that don't properly know how to ride the right way.
Before I say this, let me first say that I've got no problem with the 250. I think it's a great bike and I'm considering either getting it or an SV650 next spring. I also believe you should ride whatever you want to ride and let the haters hate. I'm also not posting this expecting that everyone drags off the line at every stop light.Just posting since everyone always describes it as quick off the line and plenty faster than most cars on the road. To me, this just sounds like people trying to make up for their shortcomings by talking big so I did a little looking for myself and I just looked up random cars that I remembered seeing on my lunch break.

2008 Ninja 250:
0-60: 7.72 sec

1/4 mile: 15.58 s

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid:
0-60: 7.6

1/4 mile: 16.1 s

2008 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 (lots of people drive SUVs here):
0-60: 7.5 sec

1/4 mile: 15.6 s

1997 Chevy C/K 1500:
0-60: 6.3 sec

1/4 mile: 16.8 s

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE:
0-60: 7.7 sec

1/4 mile: 15.9 s

Is it a 600? No, not even close. Is it slow? Compared to normal traffic, no. Does it have more than enough power for most user's everyday commute? Yes. Does it have enough power to still have fun and even shake a few people in the twisties? Sure. It's a 250, plain and simple. Nothing more, nothing less.
Malicious Logic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #24
Live2ride

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

I hate to argue, mark, but I know I can go 0-60 in under 7 seconds on my 250.

Old September 29th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #25
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Damn, it's a sad state of affairs when you believe your vehicle defines/quantifies manhood.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #26
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg737 View Post
Damn, it's a sad state of affairs when you believe your vehicle defines/quantifies manhood.
+1

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 11:37 AM   #27
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

I fly naked (and lighter than scooters) so people don't have a clue as to size. Many chase me and if they catch up to ask they never knew anything about the bike. On my 500 streetfighter they never catch up in my element.
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #28
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Its cuz you are on a bitch bike ;P

Old September 29th, 2011, 12:00 PM   #29
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2ride View Post
I hate to argue, mark, but I know I can go 0-60 in under 7 seconds on my 250.
That time might vary a lot depending on the weight of the rider, eh? I would think that with less than 30hp, weight would have a significant influence.

Oh, and some Ninja 250's are girls bikes... the other ones are black.

Old September 29th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #30
Ninja Assassin
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 two-fiddy (red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicious Logic View Post
Before I say this, let me first say that I've got no problem with the 250. I think it's a great bike and I'm considering either getting it or an SV650 next spring. I also believe you should ride whatever you want to ride and let the haters hate. I'm also not posting this expecting that everyone drags off the line at every stop light.Just posting since everyone always describes it as quick off the line and plenty faster than most cars on the road. To me, this just sounds like people trying to make up for their shortcomings by talking big so I did a little looking for myself and I just looked up random cars that I remembered seeing on my lunch break.

2008 Ninja 250:

1997 Chevy C/K 1500:

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE:

Is it a 600? No, not even close. Is it slow? Compared to normal traffic, no. Does it have more than enough power for most user's everyday commute? Yes. Does it have enough power to still have fun and even shake a few people in the twisties? Sure. It's a 250, plain and simple. Nothing more, nothing less.

I get what you're saying and we basically have the same mindset about the bike. And i'm not trying to overcompensate or anything. The bike is what it is. It's not a race bike or anything. But i just want to add that your comparison isn't as simple as it looks there. With a 250 the riders weight plays a fairly significant factor in acceleration. A 145 lbs dudes gonna out accelerate a 250 lbs dude fairly significantly on these bikes.

Also our bikes are made for high reving; cars are not. So at a dragstrip against a guy who knows what he's doing, yeah an average car would slightly outaccerlerate us. But on the average day, without really trying to my bike naturally accelerates faster than most cars from a redlight. It's just the nature of the machine.

And other than that, none of those cars are gonna hang with me through a twisty mountain road. The fact is my 250 is the perfect bike for the north georgia mountains. i can actually give it hell and really push the bike vs. a 600 which you can use about 1/2 of its potential.

This is all coming from a guy who bought it purely based on price. Do i want a 600? Hell yeah, why not? But thats my honest assesment of it.
Ninja Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 12:25 PM   #31
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Quote:

2008 Ninja 250:

1997 Chevy C/K 1500:

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE:

I don't know if I should be -ing or .
You seriously think any of us care about 0-60 times? How often do you need to accelerate from 0-60 in the quickest way possible?
The members who mentioned that the 250R is quicker than most cars off the line aren't lying. The bike is plenty quick. It's more than quick enough for the streets and that's me being honest.
What are the "shortcomings" that Ninja riders have anyway? I'm pretty sure... No, scratch that. I'm 100% positive that what you consider "shortcomings" (I'm assuming through acceleration?), some of us make up for in enjoyment. I doubt the majority of Ninja riders are out and about doing 0-60 runs from every red light, trying to see how quickly they can accelerate past the family in the Camry next to them.

Old September 29th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #32
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

i dont have a problem beating cars off the line. Im not trying to race. Im just trying to get out in front so I dont get hit from some dumbass doing a lane change without looking.

Thats what is really important in the city. Does it have enough gusto to easily out accelerate cars from a stop? you betcha. even at a roll it will. On a highway the story is different, but in the city its all good

Old September 29th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #33
Heed

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

I'm trying to find that one motivational picture of the Ninja 250 and the guy on it is dragging knee

and the caption says something like "250 is for pussies" or something sarcastically.

Old September 29th, 2011, 12:55 PM   #34
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

Jeremy- Yeah, I can see that.

Umar- Glad to see that you took the time to actually read and comprehend the post before you attempted to flame because otherwise you might've missed the part about not expecting that people drag from every red light. Oh wait...

They are lying. Sure, most if not all the riders here probably get away from the stop light faster than the rest of the traffic but they're also wringing the **** outta that throttle. Maybe it's just me being a stickler for wording but by saying it's quicker off the line, you're stating that it'd beat a car off the line if the car was actually trying but they don't because life isn't a race. It's traffic. They pull away normally and the 250 is usually just going harder on the gas to get out in front. I also didn't say I think 250 riders have any shortcomings other than not having a bigger engine, which I know isn't needed to enjoy the ride and commute.

The main point of it, and how it relates to this thread, was that I always get the impression from those riders that they believe the 250 to be faster than the traffic around them. Love your bike because it's yours. Not because you 'think' it's faster than it is.
Malicious Logic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 01:01 PM   #35
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

my 250 can beat both of my cars.... 99 corolla and 11 fiesta. even foot to the floor they dont have a chance... both of those are common cars youll see around town, also no one floors it at every light since that would kill gas millage. We can get on the gas with out having to worry about that.

your 0-60 time is pretty slow as well, a fat guy must have got that time. lol

also in town we are really going from 0-45 maaaaybe a lot of the time 0-35...

so keep that in mind as well, The ninja 250 isnt a fast bike, but its gonna accelerate a lot fast then most cars on the road from a stop in city driving... again freeway is a lot different..

Old September 29th, 2011, 01:45 PM   #36
Heed

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heed View Post
I'm trying to find that one motivational picture of the Ninja 250 and the guy on it is dragging knee

and the caption says something like "250 is for pussies" or something sarcastically.
nvm, found it

i think of this picture any time someone says it's a girl bike or something of that sort

Old September 29th, 2011, 01:45 PM   #37
Bassman
ninjette.org guru

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 1986 Goldwing, 1996 CR500, 2011 Ninja 250, 2009 Harley Heritage Softail, 1941 Suzuki Gerbil 250

I definitely don't think the Ninja 250 is a "girls bike". I just bought my Ninja two weeks ago. I did a lot of research prior to my purchase and it just convinced me this was what I wanted. After ridding it for a few weeks, I'm really glad I bought it. I've had many bikes in my 40+ years of ridding and this bike is as much fun as any of them.

I sold some quads and figured to keep the "toy money" in the toys. I wanted a high mileage bike for ridding to work with the added benefit of fun in the canyons where I live. The Ninja fits the bill perfectly and looks great doing it, lol.

Old September 29th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #38
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
I'm a lot older than most here, and old enough to be the father of many.

Mixed in with all the crappy things associated with aging are a few priceless gifts.

One of these is that you stop giving a flying f*ck what anybody else thinks.

You also come to realize that life is too short to waste it in the company of idiots and a$$holes.

Just say "yeah, I'm getting in touch with my feminine side. Isn't it FABULOUS?"
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #39
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Meh, unfortunately you gotta somewhat expect ignorant comments like these from time to time when you ride a 250cc in a part of the world where horsepower is the only thing that matters. Doesn't mean you have to put up with it but don't lose sleep over it either. You can't please them all. I've seen some people consider the R6 a girl's bike because it seems to be the most common out of the 600s to see a girl riding on.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 02:40 PM   #40
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:

2008 Ninja 250:

1997 Chevy C/K 1500:

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE:

Because of the engine design of the ninja, it just isnt comparable in aspects like 1/4 mile and 0-60 to cars that have 4-6 cylinders. I'll give you an example of a "race" I had the other day.

I was getting onto the freeway and there was a BMW next to me that was revving his engine and moving forward and backward, he was ready to show me what his BMW could do . So, we take off, both of us full throttle, first and second gear, I was well ahead of him, as third gear rolled around my guess is we were accelerating at around the same speed. Then 4th gear hits and out of my peripherals I can see his car catching up to me and passing me.

As you can see, in the lower gears I was able to beat him, but because his car is 6 cylinder and has far more horsepower he is able to pass me as our speeds increase. The 250's acceleration decreases faster than a car's does which skews the results of speed tests like 1/4 mile and 0-60.

I can beat pretty much any car off the line, but at full throttle, those same cars will beat me down the line.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote