ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old June 1st, 2011, 03:00 PM   #1
Archerzz
ninjette.org member

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250r

Thumbs up First Impressions

So I ordered my gear Sunday night from RevZilla and their shipping speed was phenomenal, even with just the basic free shipping it got to my house Wednesday morning. But this post isn't about the site but rather the gear after unboxing. If I get around to it I will take pictures and get them uploaded.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...ft-mesh-jacket
The first piece of gear I got was the Shift Backdraft mesh jacket fits great nice and comfortable and I believe it will fit well on the bike but I wont know till I get out there and ride with it. Aside from the fit it has integrated back, shoulder, and elbow padding. Two front pockets and one internal chest pocket which is really nice since I use those pockets all the time. I know this wont offer the protection of a good high quality riding leather jacket but it will offer LOADS more than the t-shirt I have been wearing up till now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...l-street-shoes

The shoes are very rigid running a little on the large size since they didnt offer the half size that I normally wear, but they very tight around the ankle and when laced up are very snug around the foot. And I know I will feel a ton more comfortable riding in these than the hiking shoes that I have been wearing the past few weeks. The stiffness of the boots do not lend themselves very well to walking but I expected as much from any motorcycle boot, and I feel confident that they will offer good ankle protection should I ever lay my bike down (hopefully I will never have to test this)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shift-fury-gloves

The last piece of gear are my gloves and once again I decided to go with the Shift brand (mostly due to the sale) but they seemed to offer good protection and loads better than riding bare handed. They have the hard knuckle protection that is sewn on its own separate pad so it does not interfere with opening and closing your hand which I thought was brilliant. One down side that I have noticed is that they are very loose around the wrist and under certain wreck circumstances I am sure they would slide off very easily which is something to keep in mind if you are looking at buying this glove. Aside from the loose wrist they are snug everywhere else and generously padded along the outsides and have a nice reinforced leather palm. So I would say they appear to offer decent protection for the price which is what I was looking for.

All in all I am very pleased with the gear thus far I will post more info after I get out there and ride with it on hopefully later tonight. I am going to feel loads more secure riding around the twisty back roads around my house now. Take care and ride safe
Archerzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote