Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old August 1st, 2011, 05:48 PM   #1
gitoy
ninjette.org guru

Name: gitoy

Motorcycle(s): 04 ninja 250, 05 zzr 600 (sold), 07 cbr600rr

anger management...

our bike is no match for other vehicles out there...so when we get in a confrontation, it is important that we keep this in mind...

i was splitting lanes on the 405 when this car move over to block me from going through, i slowed down and waited for the gap to open up and when it did he blocked me again, this happened for the 3rd time and i was livid...i was thinking of breaking off his mirror or kicking his door but reason got the better of me...this person doesn't know me and i don't know him and i just thought that it was nothing personal and i did not want to escalate it to violence...so i self talk myself into justifying that maybe he did not know that it is not illegal to split lane in california or he is just pissed that he could not do the same...

so what encounters have you had and what did you do about it?...
gitoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2011, 06:16 PM   #2
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
I had an encounter with a truck that turned left in front of me. I had to slam on my brakes and it pissed me off so much that I gave him the finger. As I look in my mirror I see him turn around as if to confront me. I continued on my way without slowing down or speeding up. He never did catch up to me so I'm not realy sure he was going to confront me or not. Once I calmed down I thought to myself that it is quite possible he realy didn't see me and maybe giving him the finger was not such a good idea.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2011, 06:22 PM   #3
ducducgooseit

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): ...

This may be interpreted as Holier-Than-Thou but it is not intended so.

what did you do about it?
- drop the incident like a hot plate from my mind and prepare for the next one.
ducducgooseit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2011, 06:33 PM   #4
SSR
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jonathan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

I know this might sound odd, but when I'm riding (or driving) and someone does something jerkish to me (cuts me off), I instantly forgive them. I just repeat under my breath a couple of times till the anger passes.

Old August 1st, 2011, 08:02 PM   #5
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Wow, I just flip them off and ride away lol Its not like there going to catch you if they get pissed off

Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:37 AM   #6
Jinx250
Smoker

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Guess....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitoy View Post
he is just pissed that he could not do the same.....
That's usually the case.

Personally, I've thrown the bird once or twice, and when someone does a bonehead move in front of me right before a red light, I'll soemtimes stop next to them and just look in the window at them. Mirrored shield adds to the effect.

Whenever someone throws a block while I'm lane splitting, I just back off and eventually get around them, usually once they have to stop. The problem with trying to force the pass is that they are spending more time looking at you in the mirror than the traffic in front of them.
Jinx250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2011, 09:48 AM   #7
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

I wont flip the bird on my bike. Too easy for a cage to get a case of road rage and run me over.
I give a look and then shake my head and ride on.
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote