Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Closed Thread

Old May 1st, 2011, 08:35 PM   #1
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cindy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Almost 10 years later...

Osama bin Laden is dead. I never thought I would see the day the man hunt would end.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapc...n.obit/?hpt=T1

Old May 1st, 2011, 08:39 PM   #2
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

I just heard that too. I was under the impression he had already died, I rarely watch the news.

Edit: Omg, I can't believe it's been 10 years . I'll never forget that day for the rest of my life.

Old May 1st, 2011, 08:41 PM   #3
kkim

I'll believe it when Donald Trump says it's okay to believe them. I mean, it could be a fake death certificate.

may bin laden burn in hell.

Old May 1st, 2011, 08:48 PM   #4
Linuss
ninjette.org guru

Name: Steve

Burn in hell, bastard.

Seeing as how it was a ground op by special forces... my money is on a helmet cam video exists of the op.

I will pay good money for that video.

Old May 1st, 2011, 09:19 PM   #5
scotty

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): Yahama v star 650 classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
I'll believe it when Donald Trump says it's okay to believe them. I mean, it could be a fake death certificate.

may bin laden burn in hell.
Lie by U.S Gov to leave the Middle East??

Wonder if this means we will send our troops home...

Old May 1st, 2011, 09:35 PM   #6
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

As a Vet, all I can say is this is one good ass victory!! WOOOOO!!!
Damn, I feel like putting on a uniform.

Old May 1st, 2011, 11:34 PM   #7
Domagoj
ninjette.org guru

Name: Domagoj

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2009

Well, if he was behind it, no reason to be sorry about his death. I do not know how can a man who has seen the horrors of war firsthand, from the point of view of a small guy hiding behind a bush while tanks and helicopters are advancing, be capable of inflicting the same or worse on someone. War is scary. Hurting someone, let alone killing someone, is extremely scary and wrong, and I do not understand the minds that take it easy and do it.

How do you guys explain witnesses claiming there were other detonations, the secondary building which was not hit, but collapsed, the fact that the towers collapsed form below, and all that conspiracy stuff? No wreckage of other 2 aircraft, very strange impact trajectory of the plane that hit the Pentagon, list of hijackers, and so on?

Please do not take offense. I am truly sorry about all the people who died and got hurt on that day, and all the families who lost someone. It was so many. It is a number in public, but indefinite emotions, thoughts and experiences that went away with every number. That is truly horrifying for me.

Old May 1st, 2011, 11:42 PM   #8
kkim

show me proof to your version of the "facts" and maybe I'd be able to change my mind. Otherwise, the explanations of what happened on 9-11 that I've seen satisfy me from a rational standpoint of the series of events.

Old May 1st, 2011, 11:47 PM   #9
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domagoj View Post
How do you guys explain witnesses claiming there were other detonations, the secondary building which was not hit, but collapsed, the fact that the towers collapsed form below, and all that conspiracy stuff? No wreckage of other 2 aircraft, very strange impact trajectory of the plane that hit the Pentagon, list of hijackers, and so on?
Primary explanation: People are dumb.

Secondary explanation: Each of the crackpot theories above has been thoroughly debunked, yet it's a pointless exercise due to the Primary explanation.

Tertiary explanation: We Americans often convince ourselves that whichever government is currently in office is not only intent on doing terribly dastardly things to our country, but is exceptionally talented at hiding such deeds. Surprisingly, we also believe that that same government is completely incapable of performing even the most basic of tasks without screwing it up, making it more complicated and likely to fail, and unable to keep any secrets about it (whatever it is) anyway. No, we don't try and reconcile those ideas, or it makes our heads hurt.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old May 2nd, 2011, 04:15 AM   #10
Domagoj
ninjette.org guru

Name: Domagoj

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
show me proof to your version of the "facts" and maybe I'd be able to change my mind. Otherwise, the explanations of what happened on 9-11 that I've seen satisfy me from a rational standpoint of the series of events.
Please do not be angry with me. I asked because I value the opinions of the people here, on this forum. I never said I believe in any theory. I just don't know, so I ask. Believe it or not, I do not have a formed opinion on the matter of involvement of anyone, I just think it is all bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Primary explanation: People are dumb.

Secondary explanation: Each of the crackpot theories above has been thoroughly debunked, yet it's a pointless exercise due to the Primary explanation.

Tertiary explanation: We Americans often convince ourselves that whichever government is currently in office is not only intent on doing terribly dastardly things to our country, but is exceptionally talented at hiding such deeds. Surprisingly, we also believe that that same government is completely incapable of performing even the most basic of tasks without screwing it up, making it more complicated and likely to fail, and unable to keep any secrets about it (whatever it is) anyway. No, we don't try and reconcile those ideas, or it makes our heads hurt.
These are all really good. Thanks. I think I will start a thread because I have some things I want to ask. Asking here would be going too far from the subject.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 05:39 AM   #11
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

Yay! Politics on a motorcycle forum!

Old May 2nd, 2011, 06:15 AM   #12
bob706

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

I heard he wrecked his gixxer into the backside of a camel and died cause he wasn't wearing that diaper on his noggin.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 07:04 AM   #13
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Domagoj, there is 1 easy way to debunk those conspiracy theories. What happened to the people who were on those planes that crashed into the towers and the Pentagon? What about the flight that crashed in PA where the passengers fought back against the hijackers?

I lived in NJ during 9/11 for college and was very close to NYC. The campus was shut down for 2 days because of 9/11, and I will never ever forget those days in my life. It was a terrorist attack, I have no doubt in my mind and all of the conspiracy theories make me sick.

My dad is a civil engineer and did an excellent job explaining why the towers came down. He said that he was surprised that they stayed up as long as they did, but they were build for a plane impact, just at the time planes weren't as big as they are today. I don't understand the science behind it and I'm not going to pretend I do but don't listen to everything you read online or watch on TV, most people have their own agenda and want to rile the public up. I don't know why people want to believe that the government killed thousands of their own citizens, it's sick and honestly I would gtfo of the US if it was true.

Looks like a DNA test is underway... the retaliation from this is not going to be pretty.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapc...ex.html?hpt=T1

Old May 2nd, 2011, 08:34 AM   #14
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

I'm surprised there were so many people in front of the white house having a celebration. Are people so ignorant that they think that just because one guy died means the terrorist will stop? If anything, the retaliation will be quite scary. I'm willing to bet they have contingency plans in place because they have to know that no one lives forever. Kinda like the way they struck on 9/11. It wasn't just 1 plane, but multiple planes with different targets. I'm glad they got him, but thinking that killing him will end the war is a bit premature.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 08:37 AM   #15
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuss View Post

I will pay good money for that video.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:13 AM   #16
Green Streak
Ninjette Owner

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, a puddle of Ninja ZX6

I am glad that justice was finally served. There will still be terrorists, but at least now they know that no matter how long it takes, they will pay for what they do.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:56 AM   #17
Jinx250
Smoker

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Guess....

WHen Obama said "I ordered .... to bring him to justice, and tonight they have done just that" he sohuodl have said "I ordered .... to bring him to justice, but tonight they brought him to Jesus."

I too would pay big $$ for a complete copy of the helmet cam. And even though they buried him at sea, you know that there is tons of video and still photos of the entire operation start to finish.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 10:50 AM   #18
FrugalNinja250

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

I'm just thinking, "you know there's a complete replica of this mansion and area located in some obscure out of the way back lot in Virginia". One report mentioned that Obama first found about this location in September of last year, giving them 8 months or less to research everything, build the props, and practice/drill over and over again. Unlike on TV, a project like this takes mondo practice and resources in order to have an acceptable success probability. It's telling that it was done without officially notifying Pakistan, though given this mansion is located near the Pakistani equivalent of West Point with some of the best integrated defense networks in the country it's probable that Pakistani government involvement was likely.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 11:00 AM   #19
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

If Seal Team Six, says he's dead....he's dead.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 11:54 AM   #20
JeffM
Mr. 988

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): One

Old May 2nd, 2011, 12:29 PM   #21
rceezy
Lean Me

Name: RC

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnNinjaGirl View Post
I like you.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 01:06 PM   #22
Blackwidow

Name: Paulette

may the bastard rest in pieces.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 01:20 PM   #23
Blackwidow

Name: Paulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneJunkie View Post
... the retaliation from this is not going to be pretty.
Agreed! I have a feeling the real war is just beginning.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 01:47 PM   #24
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Old May 2nd, 2011, 01:55 PM   #25
mrlmd
ninjette.org sage

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Suzuki S50, 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F, 1990 Honda PC800, 2000 Yamaha TW200

Now we have to watch out for a revenge attack over here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sorry it took so long.jpg (25.4 KB, 1 views)

Old May 2nd, 2011, 02:29 PM   #26
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Super Sherpa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwidow View Post
Agreed! I have a feeling the real war is just beginning.
Ehhh, Im not so sure. Its not like they havent been trying their damnedest over the last decade to hit CONUS. The truth of the matter is all of the real players and brains of legacy and core AQ are dead or incracerated. The turds like Al-Awlaki are dangerous irritants, but have neither the finances nor capacity to pull of 9/11 type attacks again. The absolute best they can hope to accomplish is limited type attacks (VBIED at a recruiter station, suicide attack on a mall) - which though horrendous will not cause cataclysmic damage.

Their track record of the last 5+ years has been one of incompetence and amatuerism - again as a result of their best and brightest having been attrited through the years. The demise of UBL caps one chapter of the GWOT. The threat is more diversified now, but they are much less capable of conducting large scale attacks.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 02:31 PM   #27
ricochet08
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ross

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ninja ex500, 2010 Ninja 250r, 2004 zzr600, 2003 CBR600rr, 2013 Ninja 300...in that order :D

now gas should go back down right?

Old May 2nd, 2011, 02:38 PM   #28
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

IDsF2.gif

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old May 2nd, 2011, 04:08 PM   #29
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

I rode in to work this morning and someone asks me what I think about it, and I'm like, "Osama bin Laden is dead? For real? Dang!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnNinjaGirl View Post
I like talking politics with people who share a passion with me. It's much better than going to CNN or Fox and seeing, "You're stupid!" all the time from all sides of the argument from people who don't know each other.

I frequent beginnerbikers.org/forum and this site, and I love that their site has a dedicated area for things just like this. It's great because you get to know the people from the forums talking about motorcycles and then you actually have a conversation instead of just a shouting match with regards to the touchy subject matter. I think that and the off-topic keep a large number of people on that site; same as this one's off-topic after they have answered the same question for the thousandth time, or linked the same how-to for 10 millionth time (kkim I'm looking at you, lol).

Old May 2nd, 2011, 04:19 PM   #30
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

FWZNC.jpg

Old May 2nd, 2011, 07:06 PM   #31
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Name: AMMOCAN

Motorcycle(s): *SOLD* '10 Kawasaki 250R SE A.K.A. SLIME-R *SOLD*

Like many other members here, I too can't be happier to finally hear confirmation that he is dead. However, like some of you have pointed out the news of his death doesn't do much of anything to ensure that we are any safer or that the war on terrorism is finally going to come to an end. If anything it is confirmation to continue to stay vigilant and on the course of doing what is necessarily to ensure freedom and safety amongst our own borders and around the world. One of the reasons I state this is because Al Qaeda isn't the only current terrorist regime that exists and isn't currently the one that has been leading and carrying out the most recent attempts and successful attacks on non-combatants.

Speaking with those of who I still know serving and to those that have served, I find the information regarding bin Laden's death very interesting. First, I want to be clear that I am not a conspiracy theorist or believer, but one who likes to evaluate the facts given and form a rational and logical opinion based on them.

First, as much as I would have like to shoot him dead myself, there is a great deal to be gained to have kept him alive.

Second, Seal Team Six is about as close to what you are going to get to the ultimate elite American professional soldier. I have trained with individuals of this caliber over my years in the military, which is the reason why I find it very interesting that bin Laden was deliberately executed instead of being taken as a prisoner, as they are very capable of doing so.

Third, I find it interesting that they took the time to take his body with them onto the helicopter just for DNA purposes and then turn around and drop his body in the sea. IMHO, that just doesn't make any sense at all, especially when they already made positive identification of him in the compound and could have easily taken his DNA on site. There is no reason why they needed to take his body with them just to then dump it into the sea. I mean they didn't take the other dead bodies. I know we don't have the full story/facts, but what we do have just doesn't make any sense.

Fourth, Say that this story is 100% true and bin Laden actually was finally killed yesterday, the only ones who could actually prove this are the ones responsible for carrying out the mission, and even then it is just hear say. I say that because there is no actual evidence, as the so called evidence was conveniently and swiftly dumped out to an undisclosed location in the sea. Sure, they can say they have DNA evidence, but we have had his DNA for quite sometime, so that proves nothing. I just don't see any advantage to killing him and then quickly disposing of his body. It would have been far more beneficial to take him alive, but if not then there is still a lot more benefit to keeping his dead body around.

Fifth, there are others parts of the event that don't quite add up to what we are being told, but overall the whole operation is quite out of character compared to the many other similar operations that have taken place over the years.

I have been told for quite some time from people that I respect and trust that bin Laden has been dead. Again, I am extremely pleased to here it be confirmed by our government. However, I am not completely sold on the story in which they are saying it happened. Time will only tell.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 07:13 PM   #32
scotty

I'm sure they killed him. Did they really dump him into water?? Who knows. Maybe they said that so they didn't have to show pictures of him, or to stop qestions.

When a bad leader is killed, died, ran away, ect. There is only someone ealse to take over that spot.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 07:18 PM   #33
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMOCAN View Post
First, as much as I would have like to shoot him dead myself, there is a great deal to be gained to have kept him alive.

Second, Seal Team Six is about as close to what you are going to get to the ultimate elite American professional soldier. I have trained with individuals of this caliber over my years in the military, which is the reason why I find it very interesting that bin Laden was deliberately executed instead of being taken as a prisoner, as they are very capable of doing so.

Third, I find it interesting that they took the time to take his body with them onto the helicopter just for DNA purposes and then turn around and drop his body in the sea. IMHO, that just doesn't make any sense at all, especially when they already made positive identification of him in the compound and could have easily taken his DNA on site. There is no reason why they needed to take his body with them just to then dump it into the sea. I mean they didn't take the other dead bodies. I know we don't have the full story/facts, but what we do have just doesn't make any sense.
On these notes there are a few things to point out. If he was kept alive, how many people do you think would be trying to break him free? From what I've gathered is that they were ordered to not take Bin Laden alive.

Per Islam law they had to bury the body in 24 hours and they claim there was no other option. I personally believe they dumped him at sea to prevent his grave from becoming a shrine.

Also there is evidence of what took place. I believe the pres, VP, Clinton, etc were watching live footage of the events that took place.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/...1hc2VjdXJpdA--

Old May 2nd, 2011, 07:23 PM   #34
scotty

" I personally believe they dumped him at sea to prevent his grave from becoming a shrine."

That is what I hoped they did..and would not be surprised if thats what happend.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:02 PM   #35
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Name: AMMOCAN

Motorcycle(s): *SOLD* '10 Kawasaki 250R SE A.K.A. SLIME-R *SOLD*

Yes, the Islamic laws/sharia does state that a Muslim should be buried as soon as possible (i.e. within 24 HRs of death). However, the Quran is very clear in that a Muslim needs to make every effort to burry the body in the ground even if it must be an unmarked grave. Under very extreme circumstances and dependent on the individual culture a Muslim could be buried at sea. However, the importance is put on the fact that everything must be done to recover the body (if drowned at sea) and give the decease a proper burial according to the sharia, which is specifically a land burial. It also states that it should primarily be immediate family members who perform the specific Islamic burial rituals.

Now, who really knows how far extreme or far fetched bin Laden's and his Al Qaeda followers belief of burial is to that of sharia, or wether the overall Muslim opinion is for or against him receiving a true Islamic burial. However, the fact remains that the Islamic religion is as strict and yet forgiving as any other religion, and the simple fact that our government attempted to do things respectfully according to the Islamic beliefs in regards to his burial means that even as a country, who had as good of a reason as any to despise and be hateful towards him, we still wanted to show respect towards the Muslim nation, which is what he supposedly was fighting for.

However, our government failed miserably while giving an excuse that isn't even justified within sharia. Personally, I think our country crossed a line that we had no business crossing. If it was in fact the teams sole mission to execute bin Laden then they should have left his body to be dealt with by his family and/or by the Islamic nation. I mean we as a country haven't done this for any other terrorist, so why now?These extreme terrorist are so fanatical that it doesn't make one slightest difference if there is a physical body within a grave to make a shrine out of it. They will see and will forever think of him as a martyr. Nothing we do will change that. They are constantly adapting and evolving their crazy and extreme ideology to suit their needs. I mean, C'mon they freaking strap C-4/explosives to themselves and then go and blow themselves up! What on earth makes you think that by not allowing them to physically have his body is in any way going to change anything? You really have to understand how these Islamic cultures operate on a regular basis under widely accepted practices within each individual region before truly grasping and understanding how extreme and resourceful these terrorists truly are.

Bottom line is our government had no business in interfering with religious burial practices if they so desperately wanted to try showing their respect towards them. We never interfered with it before now, and there wasn't any real rational reason to start, especially when they went about it half-ass anyways.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 10:06 PM   #36
scotty

Here you guys go! The reason he was dumped..I mean, buried under the waters.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapc...ex.html?hpt=T1

Old May 2nd, 2011, 10:13 PM   #37
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Really ammocan, i dont care how they buried him..or sharia law or how islam says he should be buried. We dont owe him jack squat. He burned up his rights while he was killing thousands of innocent Americans.

The fact that they didnt drag his sorry carcass over here and displayed his rotting corpse on a pike infront of the white house while pouring pig blood over him as the buzzards cleaned his bones is in my opinion being extremely considerate.

Its just a darn shame we had to waste a perfectly good .49 cent bullet to give him his cowards way out.

It just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to know that his last act is feeding the local sharks.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 10:22 PM   #38
eddiekay

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

10 years after a couple of things cant be argued:
Larry Silverstein has new buildings with new leases and tax abatements. His lease on WTC wouldve expired within a month of 911.
The Fed govt has a new dept...Homeland Security and we'll see how that works out as time goes by.
And Obama got Osama...he kept a campaign promise...mission accomplished ?
10 years after...who came out ahead.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 10:24 PM   #39
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Also...

Whats the point in taking him alive? So we have to use our taxpayer dollars to fund his imprisonment. And then we'd have to deal with some liberal lawyer from ACLU wanting him to be tried by a civilian court, so they could set him free. And then trying to find some country that would allow his newly freed butt to live there.

Phooey on that...BANG...reload...problem solved.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 10:50 PM   #40
Cuongism

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

http://www.ranker.com/list/top-50-in.../brian-gilmore

Some examples:

Closed Thread