ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old May 9th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #1
NicoleH28
ninjette.org member

Name: Nicole

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r Special Edition White & 2006 Suzuki GSXR 600

Rear sets and clip-ons

I am considering adding rear sets and clips ons to my my 2011 250R. I don't intend on racing but was wondering if it's even worth doing it if I'm not. I've ridden 600cc+ bikes and like the way you are pushed forward like you are one with the bike unlike with the 250R where you are pretty much up rite all the time unless crouching behind your windscreen. Does anyone have rear sets and clip ons on their bike that doesn't race and does it really make a difference in comfort/feeling...or would I just be wasting my money.

Just wanted some opinions before I spend the money $$$$
NicoleH28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #2
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
There's 4 nice threads below that are all related.

Try the search bar.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #3
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

I have both and while I like them, I don't think it will make as big of a difference that you think it will. For the clip-ons to fit lock to lock you have to use the risers, they only slightly lower the bars. Even with both I don't think the riding position will be as aggressive as a sport bike designed for it. It can be good and bad, I can lay down on her but I can still sit upright.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #4
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
I have both and while I like them, I don't think it will make as big of a difference that you think it will. For the clip-ons to fit lock to lock you have to use the risers, they only slightly lower the bars. Even with both I don't think the riding position will be as aggressive as a sport bike designed for it. It can be good and bad, I can lay down on her but I can still sit upright.
i have woodcrafts and they fit lock to lock. they put the bars at about the same level as the top triple... maybe 1cm up from the triple. i also have shorty levers
i prefer race rearsets and the lowered clipons. just my preference.

Old May 10th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #5
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

I'm in the same boat as Alex. Have woodcraft clipons that'll go lock-to-lock (with full-length adjustable levers) and dropped the bars rather noticeably for me; I can now literally lay down on the tank w/o straining my elbows.
Also like the race-setup rearsets, got mine from BohemianRacing, Moth brand. They've held up well in two lowsides, but a note to the wary: I've yet to see a pair of folding-peg rearsets for our bike, so in the event of a spill, it becomes a hard part that can catch pavement and bend frame if you're moving fast enough. On the other side of that argument, when combined with frame sliders, slow-speed spills are almost a non-issue, damage-wise.

For me, the investment was absolutely worth it. As Tom said, the aftermarket controls won't get you into positions like a supersport bike, but it can change the position enough to help quite a bit.

Old May 11th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #6
MikeBudd
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): RED 2010 Ninja 250r

Definitely love my rear sets. Makes the seating position much more comfortable, and as soon as I can afford it I will be picking up woodcraft clipons
MikeBudd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 10th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #7
greenkawi2fiddy
ninjette.org newbie

Name: jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
Do you have any pics fo them?