Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Arrow Gyrocam + Nürburgring track + Kawasaki Ninja H2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%BCrburgring

Link to original page on YouTube.

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.

Old November 26th, 2015, 05:09 PM   #2
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
the use of the gyro is cool but to an extent i wish it wasn't used so you could get a better idea of just how wicked of a ride that really was

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2015, 05:23 PM   #3
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
Apparently; the bike doesn't use the whole back tire, the swing arm angle is about 8 degrees and it can't quick flick!
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over
SLOWn60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2015, 06:14 PM   #4
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWn60 View Post
Apparently; the bike doesn't use the whole back tire, the swing arm angle is about 8 degrees and it can't quick flick!
Did you ever in your live ride a motorcycle or drive in a car on the Nürburgring Nordschleife to understand what that means?
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2015, 06:23 PM   #5
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somchai View Post
Did you ever in your live ride a motorcycle or drive in a car on the Nürburgring Nordschleife to understand what that means?
It's third on my bucket list!
First for me is the Dempster highway, then both ride & watch the Isle of Mann TT (obviously not as a racer!), third is riding a bike on the Nurburgring!
I'm old enough to have watched some of the greats race on that curciut! Amazing and deadly!
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over
SLOWn60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2015, 10:42 PM   #6
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWn60 View Post
It's third on my bucket list!
First for me is the Dempster highway, then both ride & watch the Isle of Mann TT (obviously not as a racer!), third is riding a bike on the Nurburgring!
I'm old enough to have watched some of the greats race on that curciut! Amazing and deadly!
That's a good idea and I wish you to enjoy your ride on the Nordschleife - it's different doing it yourself to what you see on Youtube...
This also will help you to understand the reason for worldclass-riders and drivers talk with very great respect and reverence from it.
And one tip from me, don't only race when you're there, also enjoy the unforgettable view from what is called 'the green hell'

Old November 27th, 2015, 09:27 AM   #7
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
the use of the gyro is cool but to an extent i wish it wasn't used so you could get a better idea of just how wicked of a ride that really was
I do like the stable horizon that a camera attached to a gyroscope achieves.

Another example, this time at at the Jennings GP circuit; although the gyroscope is unable to keep a perfectly horizontal view at all times.
Note that the front view is not stabilized and leans with the bike:

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 4th, 2015, 08:23 AM   #8
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
I think I can hear a little bird nestling inside his fairings.

Old December 4th, 2015, 12:47 PM   #9
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somchai View Post
What does it mean? I was going to ask as well! I don't get how the angle of the swing arm would limit lean.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 4th, 2015, 07:53 PM   #10
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
What does it mean? I was going to ask as well! I don't get how the angle of the swing arm would limit lean.
I didn't talk about lean or swing arm - it was only about "the Ring".
Note from the Disclaimer:
In case you are too lazy to actually read this guide
Okay, so you're in the MTV generation and have a attention span of about 60 seconds. If you read nothing in this guide except this section, do yourself a favor and follow this simple advice:
Prepare ahead of time with maps of the track, YouTube videos, and your favorite Nürburgring-equipped driving sim (e.g., Gran Turismo 4)
Stay relaxed, go easy, focus on braking and turning points, and for god's sake don't time your laps
Make sure you constantly watch your mirrors for rapidly approaching traffic, always using your right-hand turn signal to indicate for people to pass you on the left only
If you're in a road car, do one or two laps and then let the car cool down in the paddock for at least 10-15 minutes—else your brakes and tires will be quickly destroyed
Drink lots of water and have frequent snacks throughout the day
Try to get lots of sleep at night and severely curtail your drinking/partying
Recognize that the Ring is a one-way public toll road, so if you cause an accident, you will be liable for damages to the track, the cars, and the humans inside them
If you have an emergency, call the Ring emergency line at +49 8000 302 112; the Ring office is +49 2691 302 215; you can get track info at +49 2691 302 620
Leave your ego behind in the paddock—it's not a race, and no one is keeping score
Get on the web, check out the prices, the opening times, and plan ahead of time for your trip
These tips should greatly improve your experience and keep your car out of the barriers. Now, do the right thing and read the rest of this guide, you bum.

Read more about the Nürburgring here and I guess you'll understand what I'd want to say
http://www.heiser.net/documents/nurburgring/
But the best way to understand is to go there and drive around or take a ride

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old December 4th, 2015, 07:56 PM   #11
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
^ That goes for any track...
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 4th, 2015, 11:42 PM   #12
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

For more insight let me add the route and the profile of the Ring plus one more qualified note from the link:
Nestled among the endless dark green trees of the Eifel mountains in western Germany, this 13-mile circuit is arguably the most difficult and dangerous track anywhere in the world—and despite that, it's open to the public! Truly a gift only the Germans could give us.
It is as unique as it is overwhelming. There may be other tracks, but there is only one Nürburgring.

Last futzed with by Somchai; January 23rd, 2016 at 11:38 PM.

Old December 5th, 2015, 06:30 PM   #13
toEleven
Slower than you.

Name: toEleven

Motorcycle(s): CBR600RR, CB750, EX300 (半蔵)

MOTM - May '16
Not an H2, but still a wicked ride on the Ring. Rider is Nino Pallavicini; it should come as no surprise that he rides for a living, though I don't recall what race series he's currently in.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.