Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old August 11th, 2019, 02:48 PM   #1
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

Truck driver swerves and causes motorcycle to crash

Everyone just remeber that there are a bad or stupid people out there. Dont give them the chance to wreck you!

:/

https://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/...qee-story.html
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 11th, 2019, 05:16 PM   #2
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
I saw this story on Reddit. It's messed up that people are like that.

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 11th, 2019, 08:49 PM   #3
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Messed up. It's not his place to "teach" anybody a lesson. All we learn is that this guy is major jerk. And this is the kind of thing I try to watch for when riding. And plan my escape from.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 11th, 2019, 11:02 PM   #4
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
A move like that should cost him his license permanently!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2019, 09:12 PM   #5
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

The real moral of the story is that we as riders have to keep as much control in our environment as possible. Let's not take risks around other drivers.

People are to unpredictable, to incompetent, and sometime down right murderous.

The rider survived, which is a blessing in itself.

Any ways stay frisky out there 🤘.
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2019, 05:42 AM   #6
VaFish

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
A move like that should cost him his license permanently!
1. The charge should be attempted murder. He should spend the rest of his life in jail.

2. The truck driver is a total idiot not only for purposely running a bike off the road, but then for admitting it. What sort of arrogant SOB stands around bragging about running someone off the road?

3. The truck driver not only is going to jail, he is going to lose everything he owns in the following civil suit.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2019, 04:16 PM   #7
CaliGrrl

Lose everything he owns in the lawsuit- and rightly so. This is not how a person should behave on the roads.

Old August 17th, 2019, 04:12 PM   #8
nocturncal
ninjette.org member

Name: Cal

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Wow...that's messed up. Glad the rider survived. Hope that guy gets charged with at least attempted manslaughter

I don't understand how people will go to extremes for their version of "justice"
nocturncal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2019, 09:08 PM   #9
CaliGrrl

There's a frustration with people getting "away" with things, and they want to "teach them a lesson." It doesn't work that way, but that's the mindset, I think.

Old August 18th, 2019, 05:35 PM   #10
DannoXYZ

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

I have little faith that our criminal justice will deal him sentence which fits that crime. Most likely slap on wrist: time-served, suspended sentence and community service.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; September 2nd, 2019 at 06:16 AM.

Old September 2nd, 2019, 04:01 AM   #11
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): Harley Fatboy, Honda CX500, Harley XL1200C Sportster, 305 Honda Dream, Ninja 250

The key to the story is the motorcyclist was passing the truck when the truck driver swerve. A quick glance at that intersection shows there is only one lane of traffic traveling in each direction.

Seems to me the motorcycle driver may have been correctly described as driving like a xxxxxxx.

There is no excuse for what the cage driver did, but if you think this is an open and shut case think again.

Don’t contribute to your own death by driving like a DICK.
Cafe Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 2nd, 2019, 10:25 AM   #12
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFish View Post
What sort of arrogant SOB stands around bragging about running someone off the road?
Based on the little bit in the article, I don't think he was bragging. I think he just meant to scare the biker (most of us have probably brake-checked someone at one time or another), and things went horribly wrong. And like Cafe Racer said, it seems very likely that the biker was passing illegally, and probably otherwise driving like an ass too (based on typical bikers who are willing to break one law, and end up getting in accidents).

Quote:
..blurted out, “It’s my fault, I [expletive] up, but they need to learn they can’t drive like that and do whatever they want.”
Like others said, there's no excuse for what happened. But it doesn't sound like bragging to me - just panicked explanation/justification of what happened. "I was trying to teach him a lesson for driving like a jerk, and things went bad, and I hit him." At least to me, it doesn't come off like "Yeah, I hit him, because he was driving like a jerk, and I'd do it again."

The irony is that his own quote applies to his vigilante actions - "they need to learn they can’t drive like that and do whatever they want.”

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 2nd, 2019, 02:54 PM   #13
DannoXYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe Racer View Post
The key to the story is the motorcyclist was passing the truck when the truck driver swerve. A quick glance at that intersection shows there is only one lane of traffic traveling in each direction.

Seems to me the motorcycle driver may have been correctly described as driving like a xxxxxxx.

There is no excuse for what the cage driver did, but if you think this is an open and shut case think again.

Don’t contribute to your own death by driving like a DICK.
Article is skimpy on exact location and direction. It could be biker was preparing for left-turn and might have been impatient and tailgating truck? Then when left-turn lane opened up, biker moved over. Truck guy may have seen that as an aggressive passing maneuver, but maybe biker really was just setting up for left turn onto Willowbrook?

Charges of “disregarding traffic lanes, careless driving and reckless driving.” Certainly sounds like truck changed from one designated lane into a second valid lane without proper signaling, without verifying lane was clear, and without giving others already in lane right-of-way.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; September 2nd, 2019 at 05:16 PM.

Old September 3rd, 2019, 03:41 AM   #14
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): Harley Fatboy, Honda CX500, Harley XL1200C Sportster, 305 Honda Dream, Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Article is skimpy on exact location and direction. It could be biker was preparing for left-turn and might have been impatient and tailgating truck? Then when left-turn lane opened up, biker moved over. Truck guy may have seen that as an aggressive passing maneuver, but maybe biker really was just setting up for left turn onto Willowbrook?

Charges of “disregarding traffic lanes, careless driving and reckless driving.” Certainly sounds like truck changed from one designated lane into a second valid lane without proper signaling, without verifying lane was clear, and without giving others already in lane right-of-way.
OK so the truck driver did not signal.
If the biker was really turning left did he signal? Guess not.

This seems so simple to me. Biker try’s to go around and gets bumped into the ditch. Both drivers are at fault. Both drivers are dumbasses. One driver had huge cage around him. The other driver had air around him.

I am sick of people thinking they are “entitled” to do what they want. No consideration to anyone.

I took a ride yesterday to the auto parts store. I live at the beach. Labor Day weekend is a total traffic madhouse. During a short 15 mike trip I had two cars pull out in front of me and one decide he like my lane better then his. Nothing super close, but they were trying to kill me.

Take a deep breath and don’t contribute to your own death.
Cafe Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 14th, 2019, 01:50 AM   #15
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

I have it figured out......people are a-holes! All drivers are a-holes!

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote