ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Notices

Old January 29th, 2017, 03:24 PM   #1
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

2009 Ninja 250 race/trackbike - $3000 obo (socal)

So, after much deliberation, I determined that it didn't make sense to keep my ninja 250 anymore. I've had this thing basically it's whole life and my whole riding career, and it's served me well, but I have more travelling to do, and it doesn't make sense to not have this thing on the grid. So if anyone still wants a cheap entry level race/track bike, I just spent the whole day cleaning up the carbs and every crevasse of this thing. That said- my baby's got:

Ohlins rear shock
Racetech emulators/traxxion dynamics springs in front
Slingshot Racing Preload Adjusters
Zero gravity double bubble windscreen
woodcraft clip ons/rearsets
steel braided brake lines
Leo Vince Exhaust
Woodcraft Brake Lever Guard
Safety wired
Pirellis (SC1 front, rosso II rear)
2 sets of race body work (a full set mounted, and a full set of spares..... I liked playing dress up)
Ballistic Evo 2 lightweight LiON battery

I think that's everything? Fully legal for CVMA, AFM, and MRA, and perfectly capable of going fast with someone other than myself on it (As seen when literally anyone but me rode it). I'm sure I've got other spare levers, bars, and such lying around that I can throw in, too.

Oh, and I also actually have a clean title attached to this bike still, since it was once my dedicated commuter/travel buddy. Yay, I think?

That's all. Post or PM me with any questions!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170117_170847.jpg (85.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 20170117_170904.jpg (89.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 20170117_170929.jpg (87.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 20170117_170940.jpg (80.2 KB, 43 views)
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 29th, 2017, 03:33 PM   #2
Flying
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Geez, what a deal! If only I was back in SoCal.
Flying is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 29th, 2017, 06:17 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

GLWS! You've certainly gotten your money's worth out of that machine!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 29th, 2017, 06:58 PM   #4
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
I enjoyed your article "Girl Meets World" very much. Good luck with the sale!
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2017, 10:13 AM   #5
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
GLWS! You've certainly gotten your money's worth out of that machine!
Haha, seriously! Had this thing for about 7 1/2 years now! Taught me how to ride for real, how to race, and how to travel. The bike has definitely been well loved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
I enjoyed your article "Girl Meets World" very much. Good luck with the sale!
That's awesome- Thank you! Since I started living off of my motorcycle, it's hard to imagine going back to my normal life, and it's been so indescribable to get to share that with other people

I wasn't going to sell my ninja initially, but I'm hoping to head to South America next, and this will help fund the boat trip from Panama to Colombia, so it'll be worth it! Travel is addicting

Old January 30th, 2017, 10:20 AM   #6
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Your article is actually a contributing reason for me to be planning some sort of motorcycle travel soon.

South America? That could be scary, or at least I've been lead to believe that. I guess careful planning is key. I'll look forward to reading about that trip.

Sorry for the hijack, but at least it keeps bumping your sale post.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2017, 12:50 PM   #7
BoBO
ninjette.org guru

Name: Genesis

Motorcycle(s): SC28 Fireblade

^ I know

To the OP, nice bike! I'm sure someone will buy it quick. Speaking of traveling, I'm planning to buy a cruiser and do cross-country. Not as far as S. America, but still exciting to see new surroundings and culture. Good luck on your travels!
BoBO is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 2nd, 2017, 12:03 PM   #8
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
Your article is actually a contributing reason for me to be planning some sort of motorcycle travel soon.

South America? That could be scary, or at least I've been lead to believe that. I guess careful planning is key. I'll look forward to reading about that trip.

Sorry for the hijack, but at least it keeps bumping your sale post.
Awesome! I love hearing that! I got a fan letter once from a guy who's wife had no interest in riding no matter how much he urged her, and then she read my article in the print magazine and signed up for the MSF course immediately after. From the beginning I've only done this purely for myself, but that kind of stuff really feels special. So thank you! That means a lot

And yep- doing my best to cross all my T's and dot all my I's on that one. But from what I'm told of people who have traveled south, the media way overstates the dangers, and people in these cultures are generally really good and don't mess with motorcycles too much, so I'm hoping for the best. I'll still be extra cautious, of course, but my biggest fears right now are really hoping my FZ (And my dirt skills- or lack there-of) can make it around the roads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBO View Post
^ I know

To the OP, nice bike! I'm sure someone will buy it quick. Speaking of traveling, I'm planning to buy a cruiser and do cross-country. Not as far as S. America, but still exciting to see new surroundings and culture. Good luck on your travels!
Thanks! Definitely do it! I've never met anyone who regretted just going on a trip with their motorcycle. no matter what kind it is. If you can, I definitely recommend camping as much as possible! It's not always the most comfortable, but you'll see way more of the country, and you'll meet a lot more people than you probably would in a hotel- and you meet some of the best people at campgrounds. But either way, no doubt you'll have a blast. It's amazing how vastly different culture in our own country changes from one state to the next

Old February 2nd, 2017, 01:26 PM   #9
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Get a klx with the money and ride through south america instead of boating

Glws, I bet it'll go quick but if you end up parting it out I'm interested in the shock

Old February 3rd, 2017, 12:27 PM   #10
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
Get a klx with the money and ride through south america instead of boating

Glws, I bet it'll go quick but if you end up parting it out I'm interested in the shock
Haha- from what I understand, the darien gap is no joke! I'll put that on the "when I'm good at dirt, maybe someday" list. I definitely want a tiny dirt bike for touring if (And when) I make it over to southeast asia though!

And I'll let you know! I've definitely been considering just parting it out, since bikes are usually always worth more that way, but I figured I'd start with the easiest method first

Old February 6th, 2017, 06:53 PM   #11
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Good luck on your sale and your trip!
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote