ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Notices

Old December 1st, 2019, 02:55 PM   #1
danters
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mel

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250

Suggestions for Custom Gauge Cluster

Hey all,

I’m looking for some suggestions for a gauge build with the stock meters for a 2010 250. My girlfriend’s bike has a bit of a custom look, and she tossed her gauge cluster after an accident. I have a replacement stock assay but with the look she has, it’s too bulky. I’m hoping to pop the gauges out and put them in a custom housing. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to construct that?

The bike looks a little like a cafe racer. I know Blue Collar Bobbers makes a kit that has the custom gauge cluster, but I think theirs is only for the pre-gen bikes, is that right?

I’ve tried looking this up in the forums, but haven’t had much luck, so please let me know if this has already been asked.
danters is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 1st, 2019, 04:26 PM   #2
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
This is the one I'm going to try next time one of my stock gauges quits:

http://www.dan-moto.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=129
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 1st, 2019, 05:17 PM   #3
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Yes, you can pop out gauges and put into custom housing. Easiest to make face first to hold all gauges in orientation you want. Simplest to do with carbon-fibre panel. Once that’s done, you can figure out sides and back. This is practically no-cost option, $10-15 in supplies.

Next up is Koso clones from Ali, $25-35.

All these require wiring. So if you don’t know how to use multimeter and know how to solder, allocate budget accordingly to hire someone who does.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 1st, 2019, 09:49 PM   #4
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
I replaced my 300's dash with a Starlane DaVinci when the original went out, but I think that requires more electronics-based signalling than the 250 does.

Old December 2nd, 2019, 10:29 AM   #5
danters
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mel

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250

Thanks everyone! I am hoping to keep the stock since we have it, but have been looking at the Koso RX-2, since it has a plug and play for the 250 (I'm not positive on which generation though...). I've also looked into the Trail Tech Vapor as an option. Any experiences with those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Next up is Koso clones from Ali, $25-35.
What exactly is a Koso clone? I've seen it mentioned a few times, but haven't seen it on Koso's site. Is it just a mimic?
danters is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 5th, 2019, 02:15 PM   #6
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by danters View Post
Thanks everyone! I am hoping to keep the stock since we have it, but have been looking at the Koso RX-2, since it has a plug and play for the 250 (I'm not positive on which generation though...). I've also looked into the Trail Tech Vapor as an option. Any experiences with those?
I've used Trail Tech Vapor on my track 250 for many years now. No issues at all. Also nice to have water-temp along with ambient air-temp reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danters View Post
What exactly is a Koso clone? I've seen it mentioned a few times, but haven't seen it on Koso's site. Is it just a mimic?
one of these...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3278...5c4c2e0e485vm9

No such thing as Koso plug-and-play harness because with it you still need to string new wiring to:
- coolant-temp sensor
- speed-sensor
- power wire

Not sure what remaining plug that connects to factory harness picks up, maybe just ground and tach-trigger?
https://www.partsgiant.com/p268547-k...y-kit?f=111078
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2019, 12:28 PM   #7
fred smoot
ninjette.org member

Name: Fred

Motorcycle(s): 1996 Ducati 900SS/SP 45k miles

cluster...

I took the stock tachometer out of the original display panel and put it in an aluminum box. Then, using the stock wiring harness, connected them to green for neutral, yellow for oil pressure, and blue for low water to panel bulbs. Added an aftermarket water temperature gauge with on/off switch20191214_131810.jpg. It is all I need to know at the track.

Fred

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." -Mario Andretti
fred smoot is offline   Reply With Quote