Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Notices

Old June 4th, 2011, 01:45 PM   #1
IndyTwoFiddy
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Blue Ninja 250r

1st EXTENDED ride..

Started out with a cruise downtown (Indianapolis) where my wife was participating in a Zumba class outdoors. I went down and met up with her and there happened to be 4-5 other bikes there. We got to talking, and that asked if I wanted to go for an evening/night ride. I was hesitant as I said, I dont know that this 250 can keep up...but they assured me all would be fine. They were in awe of how the lil ninja was realtively close to their bikes as far as dimensions and etc...especially when I mentioned gas mileage.

The bikes were: 250R (me) R6, R1, GSXR 750, and Buell Firebolt.

We started out just cruising around the city, as being a friday night there were people everywhere, after that we headed south on some back roads, and this was where it got fun...We all were having a good time, and I love how the ninja handles in the curves and etc. I never lost sight of them even when they would hammer the throttle, and I hit 90MPH a few times on some straights.

We stopped and ate at this mexican place, and a couple of the guys went for a ride on the ninja, one of the guys said "with the weight of the bike, even being a 250, good throttle response, and man thats a fun bike to corner and ride"

After some B/S ing around, we headed back toward the city, it was dark at this point, and we were a little more careful...yet still having a great time. I reset the trip at the start of the ride, and at night end I had 88.4 miles traveled.

This was my first real ride on the bike, and I had a blast...this ninjette does everything I need it to, and still with great gas mileage. When I go to move up, I'll be giving this to my wife and buying a buell firebolt.

Great time, and ride...I only snapped 2 pics before we headed out with my droid. Sorry for the quality.

IndyTwoFiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #2
ninjaprof
ninjette.org member

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300SE

Yes, those kind of rides are a blast...glad you enjoyed. However, don't necessarily take it as a forgone conclusion that you will necessarily "move up" (to a bigger bike). I just moved DOWN from a 650 and believe me, the 250 is overall much more fun to ride. It's all I need. As I often say, I'd rather use all of my 250 than 25% of a 1000 cc bike. As long as your riding friends don't regularly go over 100 mph you'll keep up and have a lot of fun doing it!
ninjaprof is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2011, 01:57 PM   #3
IndyTwoFiddy
ninjette.org member

I used to ride a 1340CC hog...I'm used to a bigger bike, but I love the ninja...I wont be going to a firebolt for a few years when I give my wife the ninja. I'm military so I'll never be riding with the same people...lol

Old June 5th, 2011, 09:13 AM   #4
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

Sounds like a lot of fun... glad you had a positive experience... continue having fun with this bike... it's an awesome machine!!!
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2011, 08:04 PM   #5
IndyTwoFiddy
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
Sounds like a lot of fun... glad you had a positive experience... continue having fun with this bike... it's an awesome machine!!!
Without a doubt....I have NO problems riding with the 600, 750s and 1000s....I love my little 250, i dont plan to upgrade for awhile, and that will be to give the ninjette to my wife. Hell, by then I may just buy a brand new 2013 off the floor!

Old June 9th, 2011, 06:00 PM   #6
nebraskan
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250

sounds fun!