ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Notices

Old April 27th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #161
DevinWolfe
Which pedal is the gas?

Name: Devin

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthioKnight View Post
Sorry for the lateness of my post @edxmon, I got caught up in the "It's freaking friday!" madness lol. Ok, here are a couple of shots I took just now, I recently spray painted the screws black for better visuals, the flash on my phone made it appear wet and sticky, it actually looks phenomenal in person (brushing dust off my shoulder ).
Hope this helps you bruh.

That's VERY clean, if my bike hadn't come with a Jardine eliminator I would definitely do that.
DevinWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 27th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #162
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
Yeah, I was considering this one, given the price. Upon further research, I found that you get what you pay for, and it's not a well-made kit. If you absolutely refuse to DIY, then spend a bit more and get a higher quality one.
Which would you suggest, the Yoshi? i found it here but it doesnt say if its a no-cut/drill/mod at all, doenst really describe it. Anyone know if that ones truly cut/drill/mod free? It does look nice on Iceknyght pic.

Old April 27th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #163
Liist
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I spent about $30 on a license plate rack and LED lights and spent a few hours custom fabricating it. Turns out just as well as the Yoshimura one for a fraction of the price.
Liist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 27th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #164
iceknyght
Recalculating. . .

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 (sold) '12 Ninja 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyPaws View Post
Which would you suggest, the Yoshi? i found it here but it doesnt say if its a no-cut/drill/mod at all, doenst really describe it. Anyone know if that ones truly cut/drill/mod free? It does look nice on Iceknyght pic.
The Yoshimura one does not require cutting, but does require popping out a couple rivets from the stock fender (which hold the turn signals in) and splicing the wires (from the original license plate light to the built in LED one).

Old April 27th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #165
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liist View Post
I spent about $30 on a license plate rack and LED lights and spent a few hours custom fabricating it. Turns out just as well as the Yoshimura one for a fraction of the price.
Got a write up on what you did? I probably can come up with something to fabricate, i would have to look at what it looks like with the big fender removed to see what i could do. Come up with my own homedepot parts list, its just the time and then the not being able to ride it while waiting and such would kill me. To lazy to put pieces back on and off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceknyght View Post
The Yoshimura one does not require cutting, but does require popping out a couple rivets from the stock fender (which hold the turn signals in) and splicing the wires (from the original license plate light to the built in LED one).
popping out those plastic rivets shouldn't pose a problem, as long as one day i can put them back in if necessary. Anyway to get around the splicing, is there a oem connector for the light? Think someone posted something about a site that sells one somewhere, id have to find it, that why its just plug and play.

Old April 27th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #166
iceknyght
Recalculating. . .

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 (sold) '12 Ninja 650

Quote:
popping out those plastic rivets shouldn't pose a problem, as long as one day i can put them back in if necessary. Anyway to get around the splicing, is there a oem connector for the light? Think someone posted something about a site that sells one somewhere, id have to find it, that why its just plug and play.
I would think it's possible to re-rivet them, but not 100% sure... And I don't know of any plug and play connectors. The wires go right into the stock light case... You can splice the new one in and always re-splice the stock one back in if necessary... They also give you a couple quick connects to do the splicing.

Old April 28th, 2012, 06:09 AM   #167
cstro250r
ninjette.org member

Name: Charles

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Like the others said, they Yoshimura kit is completely cut free. You could also re-rivet the stock turn signal holders if you ever wanted to go back to the stock fender.

As far as the splicing goes, I just cut the stock connector for the tag light and soldered it to the Yoshimura tag light wire. A bit of heat shrink tubing, and it looks like it was stock.
cstro250r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2012, 06:25 AM   #168
thurt88
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tommy

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CRF250L, 2010 ninja 250r

I'd vote for the yoshi kit. It looks factory, still has the bungee hooks, and its got the plate lights. Ppl don't worry over those lights but I do. I DO NOT need any xtra attention brought to me and I sure don't need a pull me over for free card attached to my bike.

The DIY one looks decent but yea, you can still tell its a bubba job. Im also not real sure how I feel about the "license plate poking out of no where look" either.

Last futzed with by thurt88; April 28th, 2012 at 06:29 AM. Reason: forgot something
thurt88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #169
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstro250r View Post
Like the others said, they Yoshimura kit is completely cut free. You could also re-rivet the stock turn signal holders if you ever wanted to go back to the stock fender.

As far as the splicing goes, I just cut the stock connector for the tag light and soldered it to the Yoshimura tag light wire. A bit of heat shrink tubing, and it looks like it was stock.
Can you take a picture of what you did? (the heatshrink tube is probably blocking visibility i guess). Is soldering really necessary, I have a solder gun, will any of the solder work fine (i have not used it to actually solder something, only to have fun with melting solder and let it drip dots and form letters =D ).

Kiwi_250r posted this info for connectors, 3 Position .110 Connector, I think that is the correct one, can anyone confirm this, then i can splice it with one of those so it will be plug and play. I do like the yoshi one, think i dismissed it awhile ago because i read about the splicing, but i guess it cant be to bad. ty to responses and props to OP bad_bwoy007, was thinking same thing.

Old April 28th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #170
xSean13
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Can you take a picture of what you did? (the heatshrink tube is probably blocking visibility i guess). Is soldering really necessary, I have a solder gun, will any of the solder work fine (i have not used it to actually solder something, only to have fun with melting solder and let it drip dots and form letters =D ).

Kiwi_250r posted this info for connectors, 3 Position .110 Connector, I think that is the correct one, can anyone confirm this, then i can splice it with one of those so it will be plug and play. I do like the yoshi one, think i dismissed it awhile ago because i read about the splicing, but i guess it cant be to bad. ty to responses and props to OP bad_bwoy007, was thinking same thing.
Either solder or get some butt splices (the red ones)...which you'll also need a crimper.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #171
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Will a seat cowl interfere at all or even remotely with say the yoshi kit?

Old May 5th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #172
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Will a seat cowl interfere at all or even remotely with say the yoshi kit?
Of course not! The only part that doesn't stay above the tail covers the edge above the brake light. They don't even come close to each other.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2012, 10:25 AM   #173
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (SOLD - 2/16/2013)

I chopped my own fender yesterday before going out. It came out pretty good, even though I had a few "oopsies" with the dremel:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20120505_183450.jpg (79.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20120505_183434.jpg (101.7 KB, 22 views)

Old May 6th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #174
xSean13

^^
Lol, when I was cutting mine off, I had a couple of those as well. Including when I was cutting near the metal bracket holding the turn signals & the circular cutting bit of the dremel cracked and flew off at very high speeds...kind of scared me.

Old May 6th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #175
bad_bwoy007
ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja SE 250R "Knight Rider"

Lol. Figure I would just save the trouble from improper cuts and flying dremel by getting a Yoshi. My kit should be in tomorrow then I can ride in style. That stock fender is just so hideous!
bad_bwoy007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #176
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
^^
Lol, when I was cutting mine off, I had a couple of those as well. Including when I was cutting near the metal bracket holding the turn signals & the circular cutting bit of the dremel cracked and flew off at very high speeds...kind of scared me.
Exactly because of that I lowered the RPM on my dremel to minimum and went as slow as I could, I did go half way down on a 1" cutting wheel. I also reused the license plate mount and had to cut part of it, so I HAD to bump up the RPM or wouldnt have cut through it. I was shooting sparks all over the place, I was scared to light the garage on fire XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_bwoy007 View Post
Lol. Figure I would just save the trouble from improper cuts and flying dremel by getting a Yoshi. My kit should be in tomorrow then I can ride in style. That stock fender is just so hideous!
At first I was scared to cut an OEM part, then I saw the price on the FE kits and became less afraid. With the money I saved I can either get the slip-on I want (DM Jisu), an integrated LED tail light, a CBR hugger or a seat cowl.

If I ever want to OEM fender again I can buy it from the dealer for $30.

Old May 6th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #177
xSean13

Quote:
Originally Posted by edxmon View Post
Exactly because of that I lowered the RPM on my dremel to minimum and went as slow as I could, I did go half way down on a 1" cutting wheel. I also reused the license plate mount and had to cut part of it, so I HAD to bump up the RPM or wouldnt have cut through it. I was shooting sparks all over the place, I was scared to light the garage on fire XD
Lol speaking of sparks...when I was shimming the needles on the carbs, I happened to strip the top right screw on the right-hand carb (hard to even get to). I couldn't get in there to get the screw out, so I took the dremel and cut down the head of the screw so I could fit a flat-head in there.

Anyways, the sparks flying right below where the gas tank would sit, with all those hoses was kind of unnerving

Old May 6th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #178
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Lol speaking of sparks...when I was shimming the needles on the carbs, I happened to strip the top right screw on the right-hand carb (hard to even get to). I couldn't get in there to get the screw out, so I took the dremel and cut down the head of the screw so I could fit a flat-head in there.

Anyways, the sparks flying right below where the gas tank would sit, with all those hoses was kind of unnerving
Dawgg! I stripped that one too, hahahaha. I just used a bigger philips head screwdriver and a **** load of pressure. Did you replace then with socket head cap screws? Also the Milwakee offset screwdriver is a life saver for all those screws in tight spots all around the carb, recommend it highly

Last futzed with by edxmon; May 6th, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
edxmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #179
xSean13

Lol, I tried using a large phillips head, put as much pressure as possible and using a large flat head, but still stripped it. No, I just put that screw in a different spot and didn't have the incredible hulk tighten the screws. But I guess I'll have to invest in an offset screw driver ^^ Thanks for the recommendation.

Old May 6th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #180
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Lol, I tried using a large phillips head, put as much pressure as possible and using a large flat head, but still stripped it. No, I just put that screw in a different spot and didn't have the incredible hulk tighten the screws. But I guess I'll have to invest in an offset screw driver ^^ Thanks for the recommendation.
Don't forget to hook us up with some more recordings from your mean azz exhaust!

Old May 6th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #181
xSean13

Quote:
Don't forget to hook us up with some more recordings from your mean azz exhaust!
Just recorded some, gonna upload them now

Old May 7th, 2012, 07:38 AM   #182
RickySlickUHS
ninjette.org member

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Quote:
You know what, I'm going to do this. At first I was scared of messing up the fender, but even if I do I can then either get one of these kits or get another Kawi fender for cheaper and try again.

Thanks!
Lol, thanks man. I'll try to get some pictures posted up so y'all can see how I did mine. Kind of hard to explain but once you get it taken apart you'll know what I mean.
RickySlickUHS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #183
ADoMinGu3z
ninjette.org member

fender eliminator

hey sorry if this was already asked, but im in the market for a fender eliminator and was looking for some guidance. preferably of high quality but a reasonable price, not to mention has to look clean. perhaps you guys could provide me with some pictures of which one you guys have installed on your bikes with some info. thanks in advance
ADoMinGu3z is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #184
RiderOnTheStorm
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): Blue 08 250 - Blue Magic

I was in the same market in the not so distant past and Competition Werkes seemed to be the best bet for me. I got it with some other parts and their customer service was great they emailed me a set of instructions the same day I emailed them... Now I just need to mount it haha.

You will have to do some cutting, but I'm pretty sure that's the curse of the Ninjette's molded fender.
RiderOnTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #185
matha028
ninjette.org guru

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R red/black SE <-- totalled now '11 650r BLACK

I had a great one, and I didn't have to cut anything. I'll just have to do a little research to get the brand. It was easy to install. It took like 30-45 minutes.

Old August 24th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #186
matha028
ninjette.org guru

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R red/black SE <-- totalled now '11 650r BLACK

It was the targa fender eliminator. I just found one on ebay (quick search) that is $99

Old August 24th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #187
ADoMinGu3z
ninjette.org member

think you could post up pictures. trying to see if i like what it looks like when it is installed. friend recently bought a 250 with a fender eliminator already installed but im not sure which one it is and neither does he
ADoMinGu3z is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 25th, 2012, 06:11 AM   #188
NinjetteNewfie
ninjette.org member

Name: Melissa

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Got a HotBodies fender eliminator (not the undertail) on my bike, No-cut, fits awesome, and was like 40-50 bucks. there's a BikeMonkey integrated tail light on it too, but if you are keeping the stock signals they can be attched to the sides.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bikes 010.jpg (80.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Bikes 011.jpg (80.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Bikes 012.jpg (69.0 KB, 9 views)

Old August 25th, 2012, 06:43 AM   #189
thurt88
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tommy

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CRF250L, 2010 ninja 250r

Mine is a targa. No cutting but I did have to splice into my tail light for my license plate light.

thurt88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 25th, 2012, 08:42 AM   #190
NinjetteNewfie
ninjette.org member

Name: Melissa

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Don't get the Targa!!

With all due respect to anyone who has a Targa kit, don't get it!!! Bought one for my first 250, the fit is terrible, gaps and holes everywhere that would allow water in and they give you these two little black flimsy fins to use on the side of the light, they don't fit right and stick out past the light. This kit is not clean looking at all!!! After it was on my bike, I felt like putting the stock fender back on!!! Yeah it was that bad and ugly!! Get the HotBodies kit, it is one piece of molded plastic that fits the bike beautifully! You won't be disappointed and you'll save some money!!

Go here
www.hotbodiesracing.com

Last futzed with by NinjetteNewfie; August 25th, 2012 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Check with you're local dealer, might be able to order it from them, I did.
NinjetteNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 25th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #191
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

/merged a number of "which fender eliminator" threads together

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 28th, 2012, 10:45 AM   #192
polokid699
ninjette.org member

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ZZR600

this is a Yoshimura fender eliminator kit I installed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fender elim left.jpg (82.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg left cowl and stripes.jpg (106.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg new tail.jpg (81.0 KB, 16 views)
polokid699 is offline   Reply With Quote