ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Notices

Old February 24th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #1
Buffalony
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250 "Wasabi", 82 Yamaha xj650j

Music anyone?

Ok. Heres my first thread around here!

How come I havent seen any Ninjettes with a frickin stereo yet?

I hope you musical head bobbin sleigh riders out there aren't using headphones!!

I want to completly yell about this product from DWG. Someone around here is sure to have seen their products.

DWG is an online company that specializes in weather-proof recreational vehicle sound systems. Jet-skis, cycles, boats, snowmos, atvs, etc. Their stuff is WATER PROOF..... You can literally pour water on the speakers while theyre playing. See their site.

I ordered the simplest system from them some odd weeks ago. I wired everything up in the garage to make sure my purchase worked and let me say.. "WOW". On their site they claim you can hear your tunes at 75mph with open headers.....I believe em and I feel I have to spread the word about their product to you guys, cause the sound is fantastic.

The shipping, packaging, and build quality is all TOP NOTCH. Things are very simple with this system. Connect the amp to the positive and negative of the battery. Then connect the included cable to the headphone jack of your Ipod, Iphone, MP3 Player, Cassette player whatever. As long as it has a 1/8th headphone jack you can connect it. If it doesnt I'm sure you can find an adapter online for cheap.

I'll follow up with a DIY once I figure some ingenious way to mount these screamers to the ninjette. I'll try to get a vid up for you guys to. It might be along while though cause I'm in no hurry. It's 20 degrees here in Buffalo this time of year and it doesnt let up early.

Any questions or comments are welcome.

Here's the link http://http://www.dwgspeakers.com/

A couple pics:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0224091708.jpg (104.0 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 0224091711.jpg (84.8 KB, 53 views)
Buffalony is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 24th, 2009, 05:13 PM   #2
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 08 Kurosaki 250, 09 Honda 600RawrRawr

wut?
Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 24th, 2009, 05:29 PM   #3
k-os
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 1988 Honda Hawk NT650, 1989 Honda Hawk NT650, 1997 GSXR750 Track Bike

Where are you going to place the speakers?
k-os is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 24th, 2009, 07:41 PM   #4
Army Aviator
ninjette.org member

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

The last thing I want on my bike is a stereo system like a Goldwing, but if you like it go for it.
Army Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 25th, 2009, 02:58 PM   #5
Buffalony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Aviator View Post
The last thing I want on my bike is a stereo system like a Goldwing, but if you like it go for it.
Thats a wack stereotype ur ignorantly helping to stay alive.
Sure...To each his own..but ur use seems a ploy to seal the deal with a few of the undecided.

Yeah its common for touring bikes to come equipt with extra amenities.
But you cant think for a sec that the guy who just installed a nav unit or xm radio on his bike is an old fart. Now a passenger throne would be more than pushing it..But this is not a goldwing were talkin about here. Most of us are not grossly old and retired.

Simply adding a soundtrack to the ride is where this was going with this.
Zipping down the highway with your muffler screaming listening to rob zombie/ or on some twisties with a beautiful sunset taking place while blairing crystal method/ hittin the strip with your buddies bumpin the latest timbaland hit er whatever. Not just cruisn across state or country with your old lady listening to 50's beard in the wind.

So go ahead and buy a fast car but opt out on a stereo for it! That should make for a better driving experience some.

A few advantages:
1)you dont have earbuds in your ears. their not safe and illegal in most states.
2)Hear emergency vehicles, car horns more easily.
3)Hear your motor for shifting purposes.
4)The sound of the exhaust adds to the riding experience.
5)maybe turn a few more heads than your already turning on ur ninjette.

Old February 25th, 2009, 03:07 PM   #6
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Glad it makes you happy. But to me, speakers on a motorcycle make as much sense as mounting a car stereo's speakers on the outside of the car instead of in the passenger cabin. It's all about "look at me" rather than actually enjoying the music. Any earbuds or helmet speakers would have significantly better fidelity, without annoying the public nearly as much. And your reasons 1 - 4 are neither accurate nor a convincing argument against wearing some type of hearing protection while riding a motorcycle.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 25th, 2009, 03:09 PM   #7
Guinss
ninjette.org guru

Name: Simen

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R (Black)

Speakers on a showbike, ok, but on an ordinary bike, not a chance. Id rather use my headphones, and wont be hearing alot from the speakers afterall if your using hearing protection. Sorry for being negative about this. The speakers themselves could be really good.

Where do you plan to place them anyway?

Have any plans hooking theese up to your gps or phone? Would be quite a laugh Going down the road broadcasting your phonecalls at 75db.

The ninjette engine works perfectly fine as music to me
Guinss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 25th, 2009, 03:42 PM   #8
Broom
Track Junkie

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r Track Bike, DR350 commuter, KDX220 woods bike

i'd feel like a showoff cruising around town with a radio blasting from my bike... even if it wasn't turned up loud.

i'm sure earbuds arent the safest thing, but i did it for years everyday without issue.

Old February 25th, 2009, 03:51 PM   #9
Buffalony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinss View Post
Speakers on a showbike, ok, but on an ordinary bike, not a chance. Id rather use my headphones, and wont be hearing alot from the speakers afterall if your using hearing protection. Sorry for being negative about this. The speakers themselves could be really good.

Where do you plan to place them anyway?

Have any plans hooking theese up to your gps or phone? Would be quite a laugh Going down the road broadcasting your phonecalls at 75db.

The ninjette engine works perfectly fine as music to me
These are more than loud enough to hear with ear plugs in.
Placement will be somewhere in the outer curve of the inner gauge cover. something that flows with the bike ofcourse.
I do have VZ navigator on my phone. It would play back through the speakers if I wanted it to i guess. I planned on using my phone to play music with anyway..
This system comes with a little remote box that has a power button and volume knob on it that you could essentially turn down the volume if you cared what other people thought of your offensive music.

A car has a cabin...a bike ______!

Old February 25th, 2009, 03:52 PM   #10
Buffalony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom View Post
i'd feel like a showoff cruising around town with a radio blasting from my bike... even if it wasn't turned up loud.

i'm sure earbuds arent the safest thing, but i did it for years everyday without issue.
You would look like your having a F-ing good time to me.

Old February 25th, 2009, 09:10 PM   #11
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 08 Kurosaki 250, 09 Honda 600RawrRawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Glad it makes you happy. But to me, speakers on a motorcycle make as much sense as mounting a car stereo's speakers on the outside of the car instead of in the passenger cabin. It's all about "look at me" rather than actually enjoying the music. Any earbuds or helmet speakers would have significantly better fidelity, without annoying the public nearly as much. And your reasons 1 - 4 are neither accurate nor a convincing argument against wearing some type of hearing protection while riding a motorcycle.

^ this
Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 25th, 2009, 10:37 PM   #12
miks
I'm lovin' it.

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

Quote:
^ this x2

But just to re insinuate, if it makes you happy - GO FOR IT!

Father: You can't do both son.
miks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2009, 02:12 PM   #13
Buffalony

Quote:
Im sorry. didnt mean to offend.
I didnt say anything about hearing protection.
Such as foam earplugs. I wear those alot myself to dampen wind noise and they are permissible by law in most places to protect rider hearing.

There in CA one headphone is all thats allowed:
Can I wear earplugs while I ride?
From an AMA press release:
California SB 315 has been signed into law. Included in this bill was a provision to allow for use of "foam" style non-custom earplugs by street motorcycle riders. Thanks are due to State Senator Debra Bowen (Democrat, District 28, Redondo Beach) who worked closely with the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) to make this change in the law. The AMA is asking riders to let Senator Bowen know they appreciate her assistance by sending her an email. The new law takes effect January 1, 2004.
"Requiring motorcyclists who want to drown out road noise by using ear plugs to buy custom-made plugs is an outdated law that makes absolutely no sense," said Senator Bowen. "The test ought to be whether a rider using ear plugs can still hear a car's horn or a siren from an emergency vehicle. If a set of ear plugs can meet that test, then a rider ought to be able to use them, regardless of who makes them or how they're made. The only people the custom-made requirement helps are, surprise, the people who make custom ear plugs. It doesn't help riders and it doesn't help the police, emergency vehicle operators, or other drivers who count on a motorcyclist to be able to hear their horns or sirens. As long as over-the-counter plugs do the job, there's no reason why ear plugs should have to be custom-made, so junking that requirement is a common sense change that's long overdue."
The bill was signed on 9/28/03, chaptered on 9/29/03, and will take effect on 1/1/04.

Can I listen to music through headphones while I ride?
As long as you're not covering both ears with a headset or earplugs, you're okay. You could try to convince the police officer that only one ear was being covered by headphones under your helmet, but good luck. Section 27400 addresses the covering of ears.

Old February 26th, 2009, 02:20 PM   #14
camaroz1985

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

Well it seems kind of counter productive. Wearing earplugs. to lessen the noise then turn the radio up so you can hear it over the noise, and through the earplugs

I wear earbuds when I ride to block out the noise and I can still listen to music at a very low volume (first or second notch on my ipod) and still hear what is going on around me, (cars passing, etc.) just no wind.

It seems like everyone is ganging up on you, but please don't be offended. It seems everyone has different opinions from your own. The beauty of the situation is your opinion is the only one that matters when it comes to accessorizing your bike (until your accessories become a safety hazard to others of course).

I found the (near) perfect setup to be earbuds that fit tightly in your ear, ipod in my pocket or tank bag, and this little remote to allow me to control the music if I need to (stop it when travelling through town, or at a light, etc.). You can also get one that displays track information, but I didn't think that was worth the extra money.
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2009, 02:58 PM   #15
Buffalony

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz1985 View Post
Well it seems kind of counter productive. Wearing earplugs. to lessen the noise then turn the radio up so you can hear it over the noise, and through the earplugs

I wear earbuds when I ride to block out the noise and I can still listen to music at a very low volume (first or second notch on my ipod) and still hear what is going on around me, (cars passing, etc.) just no wind.

It seems like everyone is ganging up on you, but please don't be offended. It seems everyone has different opinions from your own. The beauty of the situation is your opinion is the only one that matters when it comes to accessorizing your bike (until your accessories become a safety hazard to others of course).

I found the (near) perfect setup to be earbuds that fit tightly in your ear, ipod in my pocket or tank bag, and this little remote to allow me to control the music if I need to (stop it when travelling through town, or at a light, etc.). You can also get one that displays track information, but I didn't think that was worth the extra money.
Thank you. I know my opinion is the only thing that really matters. That's why I don't really care if people walking down the street or the cagers next to me at a traffic light don't like my music or think im trying to show off, etc that should'nt even be a concern.
I just really cant believe a greater percentage of riders on the road that wear earbuds would or have gone the extra yard that you have to improve their safety and the safety of those around them. Maybe that's why I'm so passionate about this one. This system is pretty neat because it has a remote like that.

Well in the end it is a law in most places for a reason. If you can only hear your music something is wrong. So please all that wear headphones keep this in mind.

BTW I own a cammy to

Old February 26th, 2009, 03:18 PM   #16
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz1985 View Post
It's not counterproductive, it actually lowers the effect of wind noise on the music quite a bit. The earplugs help prevent hearing damage, while the volume is turned up not so it's overly loud but just so you can hear it. Put some earplugs in, put headphones on, and see how loud you have to turn up the volume (not much at all, you'd be surprised).

Same concept as Dolby B/C noise reduction for those that remember cassette tapes. Basically all it did was raise the volume of the frequencies close to the "tape hiss" sound, and when enabled the cassette player then lowered the volume of those same frequencies so the music at the end of the process sounded better with less noticeable hiss.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old February 26th, 2009, 03:26 PM   #17
Buffalony

Quote:
It's not counterproductive, it actually lowers the effect of wind noise on the music quite a bit. The earplugs help prevent hearing damage, while the volume is turned up not so it's overly loud but just so you can hear it. Put some earplugs in, put headphones on, and see how loud you have to turn up the volume (not much at all, you'd be surprised).
Yes sir. This is the only reason I wear plugs. The wind noise actually hurts my ears to a point it distorts. I just prefer my music alittle bit further away from my ears than you do.
And Im positive I'll hear the music just fine from this system with plugs in and hear things around me abit better than having phones over plugs or just earbuds on. To each his own

Old February 27th, 2009, 06:40 AM   #18
Army Aviator
ninjette.org member

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalony View Post
Thats a wack stereotype ur ignorantly helping to stay alive.
Sure...To each his own..but ur use seems a ploy to seal the deal with a few of the undecided.
You read way to much into my one sentence reply, I said do it if you like it and I had a smiley face attached. There is no ploy and I am not conspiring against you. Although, it may frighten you to know that I fly Black Heicopters for the goverment...

Quote:
Yeah its common for touring bikes to come equipt with extra amenities.
But you cant think for a sec that the guy who just installed a nav unit or xm radio on his bike is an old fart. Now a passenger throne would be more than pushing it..But this is not a goldwing were talkin about here. Most of us are not grossly old and retired.
Just because I mentioned a Goldwing doesn't mean I think your old, don't let yourself fall into the stereotype ploy you mentioned.

Quote:
Simply adding a soundtrack to the ride is where this was going with this.
Zipping down the highway with your muffler screaming listening to rob zombie/ or on some twisties with a beautiful sunset taking place while blairing crystal method/ hittin the strip with your buddies bumpin the latest timbaland hit er whatever. Not just cruisn across state or country with your old lady listening to 50's beard in the wind.
Use earplugs and leave the music at home or start driving a car. Using these speakers you will still need foam earplugs to protect your hearing from wind noise, exhaust noise if you have a loud one, and now speaker noise blasting beats from Timbaland into your brain. Earplugs attenuate the outside noise by about 30db, which is enough to save your hearing but still allow you to hear car horns if your not distracted, and that is why MSF recommends them. Earphones (not buds) are an alternative taken by some where it is legal because they still provide safe attenuation and require minimal volume to hear the music CLEARLY.

However, you are now trying to convince us that the best way to ride is by blasting music loud enough to overcome the earplugs from the outside? Do you realize your good idea means alert sounds such as car horns need to make it through foam ear plugs, wind noise, exhaust noise, and a loud ass stereo blasting Crystal Method loud enough to piss off other drivers, all while you drift between lanes because you're staring at the sun as it goes down? Your a funny guy, but like I said do what makes YOU happy! Just don't worry if anybody else to likes it or not, and don't get mad if they laugh at you. After all, they have a right to their opinions too.

Quote:
So go ahead and buy a fast car but opt out on a stereo for it! That should make for a better driving experience some.
Fast cars don't need stereo's because stereo equipment adds weight and does nothing for performance. Fast car drivers, real ones and no Vin Deisel doesn't count, don't need the distraction while driving fast. If your a Fast and Furious fan or you drive a "fast" Honda Civic with a big stereo I'm sorry if I offended again.

Quote:
A few advantages:
1)you dont have earbuds in your ears. their not safe and illegal in most states.
2)Hear emergency vehicles, car horns more easily.
3)Hear your motor for shifting purposes.
4)The sound of the exhaust adds to the riding experience.
5)maybe turn a few more heads than your already turning on ur ninjette.
1) Exactly, leave the earbuds at home and wear earplugs to protect your ears. Use earphones as an alternative to hear music where it is legal.
2) Only if the stereo is off, otherwise they my be running you over before you hear them, or you may mistake their siren as part of a Crystal Mehtod song and ignore them.
3) uhhh... by trying to drown the engine noise to hear your stereo? Your sentence just canceled itself out.
4) yes it can... so why drown it with the stereo? Your sentence canceled itself out again. Are you bi-polar? (and if you are then no offense... again)
5) As they wonder why your blasting Kenny G out of speakers on a Ninja 250? Maybe if you ride in a circus act...

DISCLAIMER: This post was all in good fun, if you took offense I'm probably not sorry but would like to read your angry reply after it is typed furiously through your tears. If you got that this reply is a joke and that I have a odd sense of humor developed during years of living under the ocean in a nuclear submarine while eating powdered eggs and drinking powdered milk known as "White Death", then good job!

Last futzed with by Army Aviator; February 27th, 2009 at 02:48 PM.
Army Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 27th, 2009, 02:11 PM   #19
zeroth
weekend rider

Name: JC

Motorcycle(s): '05 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Aviator View Post
Fast cars don't need stereo's because stereo equipment adds weight and does nothing for performance. Fast car drivers, real ones and no Vin Deisel doesn't count, don't need the distraction while driving fast. If your a Fast and Furious fan or you drive a "fast" Honda Civic with a big stereo I'm sorry if I offended again.
Hey I drive a Honda Civic and I OBJECT! Ok fine so mine is a stock '96 Civic that does a 0-15 in about a cough and a shudder...

Excuse me while I go mount some speakers to my side rear view mirrors so I can blast Crystal Method with my windows down...
zeroth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 27th, 2009, 02:32 PM   #20
Broom
Track Junkie

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r Track Bike, DR350 commuter, KDX220 woods bike

it sucks that when you buy sport cars, the go fast goodies are always packaged up with the other crap too (ie: stereo). the EVO is about the only car i can think of that has a model equipped with all the go fast stuff, and none of the other crap thats available to the public.

Old February 27th, 2009, 03:18 PM   #21
Buffalony

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroth View Post
Excuse me while I go mount some speakers to my side rear view mirrors so I can blast Crystal Method with my windows down...
Or just put your windows down!

Old February 27th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #22
Buffalony

No No. I'm actually having a good time with this one aswell.

It's funny how you read so far into everything I say. I am all about safety on this one. Believe me. Listening at a reasonable volume is my stand point.

I wear ear plugs because of the wind distorting my hearing. It rattles my ears. This happens because of the way it strikes the outer edge of ones ear canal. You really don't have to use plugs to stop this from happening. They just stay in place much better. You could take two little pieces of tissue and put them in your ears and it will do the same thing with out blocking out as much road noise..until they work their way out of course.
I have a sample bag of plugs from work and I prefer the 18db because they stay in my ears and they obviously don't block out as much of what's going on around me. They were the lowest rating I had in the bag. If I had lower I'd use those. What ever stops the wind from grazing across my ear canal and stays there is All I need.

""Just because I mentioned a Goldwing doesn't mean I think your old, don't let yourself fall into the stereotype ploy you mentioned.""

Maybe you weren't the first to say something to me along this line or even the second. Sorry I tend to stray away from the crowd

I didnt even think for a sec you thought I'm old...my age is public.
It's not really a stereotype when almost every goldwing or harley tourer you see on the road is being operated by an older fellow! That's closer to fact.
Soooo say if I were lucky enough to afford a cross country road trip and didnt have to work at my age any longer I would probably be south on a goldwing myself instead of being where WE are right now..In fridged weather, not on my bike.
So these things are why I took your comment the way I did.
But in the end I simply don't understand "In this day and age why should external stereos have to be touring specific any longer?"
If most bikes offered a stereo option from the factory, I think it would'nt take too long for the general public to just accept it as being a normal thing. Just like it is already accepted with the touring class. You kind of accept it(As you've proven)

""Fast cars don't need stereo's because stereo equipment adds weight and does nothing for performance. Fast car drivers, real ones and no Vin Deisel doesn't count, don't need the distraction while driving fast. If your a Fast and Furious fan or you drive a "fast" Honda Civic with a big stereo I'm sorry if I offended again.""

Obviously I meant a street legal vehicle!

1) Exactly, leave the earbuds at home and wear earplugs to protect your ears. Use earphones as an alternative to hear music where it is legal.
2) Only if the stereo is off, otherwise they my be running you over before you hear them, or you may mistake their siren as part of a Crystal Mehtod song and ignore them.
3) uhhh... by trying to drown the engine noise to hear your stereo? Your sentence just canceled itself out.
4) yes it can... so why drown it with the stereo? Your sentence canceled itself out again. Are you bi-polar? (and if you are then no offense... again)
5) As they wonder why your blasting Kenny G out of speakers on a Ninja 250? Maybe if you ride in a circus act...

1)I agree
2-4) covered above.
5) LOL who cares who cares right???

My car below
you don't see the other two things often
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cammy2.jpg (16.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg clown-img1604.jpg (29.5 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg black.jpg (57.0 KB, 42 views)

Old March 1st, 2009, 11:33 AM   #23
Buffalony

For those curious or interested in one of these, I just got a message from dave dewbre over at dwg says he'll do a group buy on these 6 at a time for $75 USD.
They really are nice systems.
PM me if your interested in trying a system or post here and I'll let you know when we get to 6. You really will not be dissapointed in the quality.

Old March 11th, 2009, 09:03 PM   #24
tallbiker
ninjette.org newbie

Name: eiche

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Honda XR650L 2003 Honda VTX 1800R 2002 Honda GL1800 1995 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 many others

hi i just wanted to say that having on a stereo on a bike is totally awesome. i have been doing it for years and speakers are way better/safer than headphones and much more comfortable. here is a pic of mt XR650L dual sport i always use speakers on. I used the larger low profile ones but if i redo them on this bike i will use the black ones

HAVE A GREAT RIDE WHATEVER U DO!!
tallbiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 11th, 2009, 10:36 PM   #25
lavid2002
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): None yet

o0o0o0o0orrrr.......

You could purchase a fine automobile. Isnt the point of buying a motorcycle to get THE RIDE! If I wana jam out to some tunage I party or ride in the car. When im on the bike music would probably get me amped to do stupid crap and not pay attention to other ppl.

Old March 14th, 2009, 10:45 PM   #26
Buffalony

Wooow. Thats a wild ride you got there. Its like something out of mad max. Crazy but cool. imo

Old April 15th, 2009, 07:58 AM   #27
Buffalony

Dave you'll be jamming out when you get one....you'll see.

Kinda wierd how someone with an oddly strange bike happened to chime in on this thread with out even owning a ninjette.... Kinda like saying ATTENTION: If you put speakers on your bike you will look like this guy!!!!

spit

Old April 15th, 2009, 08:29 AM   #28
tallbiker
ninjette.org newbie

Name: eiche

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Honda XR650L 2003 Honda VTX 1800R 2002 Honda GL1800 1995 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 many others

the reason i piped up was from the written info by a person (you) on this board on the speaker sales website http://www.motorcyclespeakers.net/cu...timonials.html
(my bike is awesome and my next bike will probably be a 250 ninja, and yes i will put speakers and spikes on it.

thanks
it dont matter what u ride as long as u love it!

Last futzed with by tallbiker; April 15th, 2009 at 08:35 AM. Reason: typo
tallbiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2009, 08:48 AM   #29
Buffalony

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallbiker View Post
the reason i piped up was from the written info by a person (you) on this board on the speaker sales website http://www.motorcyclespeakers.net/cu...timonials.html
(my bike is awesome and my next bike will probably be a 250 ninja, and yes i will put speakers and spikes on it.

thanks
No it doesn't matter what you ride...as long as your riding. I don't remember a write up from me on the site. cool. Been awhile since I've been there. Dave a good guy as I remember. Still the speakers are still fantastic.

Sorry if I offended. But it seems like the majority around here are opposed to this idea? It's like a fashion NoNo or something
Combined with your post and you having only 1 post for awhile now seemed quite odd.

If your planning on a 250 and if your experienced or not (seems you are), check out some of the questions/threads around here. Maybe you have a few question about the bike or maybe you can give someone else who's new to motorcycles a tip or two Were actually pretty friendly outside of this thread
Thanks for posting.. .

I have spikes all over too. Probably another nono around here

Old April 16th, 2009, 12:20 AM   #30
komohana

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 05 GSX-R 600 2003 EX250: Woodcraft Bars, Levers, Mirrors, Shim'd Mixture, Synthetic, '08 Rear Shock

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallbiker View Post
thanks
thats the spirit!

...and i feel like i've seen yer bike in a movie or two...or maybe on tv...

Remember when sex was safe
and motorcycles were dangerous?
komohana is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2009, 03:58 AM   #31
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Interesting idea and if it works and is cool by you then that's all that matters.

My problem is how you feel about the earbud thing and how 'unsafe' it is. I've used both earplugs and earbuds at work and can safely say that the earplugs block more outside sound then the buds. If the volume is kept low then you will still hear the outside stuff going on around you with earbuds. I haven't personally ridden with earbuds in and don't really plan to cause my bike is kinda loud and would cancel out my music even with buds in so what's the point lol.

Also, most modern day cars have alot, I mean ALOT, of road noise reduction built in with really loud factory stereos. Then you also have all the people out there with the custom stereos with the 15 inch subwoofers. How are the millions upon millions of cagers out there with sound reduced cars and thumping stereos safer then a biker with earbuds in when that car is blocking out at least 300% more outside sound then your earbuds?

I'd be more worried about the cagers out there with all the loud stereos then the biker with the earbuds. But that's just my opinion. Personally I think they should go after the cagers with the stereos instead of the biker with the earbuds cause the cager poses 100x more danger.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2009, 07:01 AM   #32
Buffalony

Quote:
Originally Posted by komohana View Post
thats the spirit!

...and i feel like i've seen yer bike in a movie or two...or maybe on tv...

Agreed. I can see Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft riding on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Interesting idea and if it works and is cool by you then that's all that matters.
oh of course

Quote:
My problem is how you feel about the earbud thing and how 'unsafe' it is...
The statue is a safety regulation for a reason.

Quote:
I've used both earplugs and earbuds at work and can safely say that the earplugs block more outside sound then the buds.
They sure do..it's what they were designed to do! Earbud head phones were never designed for protecting your ears (not saying noise canceling or foam would be better at safely attenuating sound in a extremly loud environment either(Though theyre getting better and better and these two features are going to become more and more common shortly))!
If you have to wear ear plugs, it's to save your ears from damaging loud noises. Some wear them on the road for wind noise and/or road noise.
An industrial earplug is already overly efficient (over kill) for these noises.
Quote:
If the volume is kept low then you will still hear the outside stuff going on around you with earbuds.
The current commonly available earbud is not created with a loud environment in mind. Therefore you have to turn it up! Again the foam and noise canceling types are slowly becoming more common(I also recently addressed this on another thread) they are only increasing the reduction of what you hear beyond them(except for the open air foam type) .

Some earplugs also get a real good seal too. One doesnt need a pair that prevents you from hearing too much right (if so, pull over and go to sleep instead) The one thing about earplugs though, is they dont make noise!!!

Quote:
I haven't personally ridden with earbuds in and don't really plan to cause my bike is kinda loud and would cancel out my music even with buds in so what's the point lol.
Wow. If your bike is that loud you put yourself in the same category as the fellows you mention below!
Quote:
Also, most modern day cars have alot, I mean ALOT, of road noise reduction built in with really loud factory stereos.
Very true and great point. This could be a future safety issue regulators just havnt come around to yet!! I do have to add the fact that Glass has always been one of the best sound insulators.

Quote:
Then you also have all the people out there with the custom stereos with the 15 inch subwoofers. How are the millions upon millions of cagers out there with sound reduced cars and thumping stereos safer then a biker with earbuds in when that car is blocking out at least 300% more outside sound then your earbuds?
Well 300%
I agree. As far as millions upon millions...don't know bout that . The type of sound insulation from the factory your speaking of is still only beginning to branch off of the luxury line these days(I understand after market insulation but don't mix the two). Well there ARE laws against systems too....Reason: Its not safe. One problem though, is it's not enforced enough...hence why newer EMS (ambulances!!) are being equipt with specialized subwoofers on the exteriors of the vehicle(look it up)....to make the same hardheads with earplugs in, driving super insulated(aftermarket) cars with the 15" subwoofers move outta the fuk!ng way

. I'd be more worried about the cagers out there with all the loud stereos then the biker with the earbuds. But that's just my opinion. Personally I think they should go after the cagers with the stereos instead of the biker with the earbuds cause the cager poses 100x more danger.[/QUOTE]
No. I think they're about the same. Their both illegal for the same reason.

Look guys...The main underlying theory here is that, by putting the sound source further away from your ears instead of right on top of your ear canal your giving your ears the opportunity to hear other things sooner.
maybe you think it isn't that big of a difference or correct! Fine. good for you.
I think of it like this. Surely you all know light travels faster than sound. take a look at this vid I posted earlier.

Link to original page on YouTube.
Now think about how fast your reaction time is to sound factoring in how much slower sound is than light. Putting the speakers further from your ears makes alittle more sense it not being the first thing you hear.

Old April 16th, 2009, 07:07 AM   #33
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Putting speakers on the outside of a vehicle that has no cabin makes sense because light travels faster than sound? What is Buffalo Water and Power putting into the drinking water up there, and how can I get my hands on it?

Old April 16th, 2009, 08:13 AM   #34
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Name: Katlyn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

I have UNiQ Cycle Sounds amplified speaker system on my Spyder, but it has a full sized windshield and is only for long trips on the freeway. I've only used it three times since I installed it and really looking forward to having it for our cross-country trip in September. I would never put speakers on my Ninja or any other bike like that.

Old April 16th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #35
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Not to generate a heated argument or anything, however. Those loud car stereos aren't illegal as long as they don't project OUTSIDE of the cage beyond a certain level. So the more sound dampening the cage has the louder they can have it........ legally. If those stereos were illegal then the stuff to make them would be shifted to black market instead of there being specialty stores just for them.

Also the cars of today have better sound dampening then they did just 10 years ago, and that's for ALL cars made, not just the luxury ones. I have a 2005 Pontiac Grand Am and I can hear the outside noise a ton better on my bike then in my car even with the stereo off.

Yes, my bike's exhaust is loud. However, it's not so loud I don't hear whats going around me. It's just that it's loud enough that wearing headphones would do more damage to my hearing cause I'd have to have them louder then I normally like. Also, it would make it that much harder for me to hear what's going on around me. I prefer safety over hearing my favorite music, and thus I don't plan on listening to music while I ride.

I just don't agree with how much you're bashing earbuds over speakers. The law makers that make these statutes are not pillars of intelligence and are usually heavily misinformed of what is truly going on. Therefore, I take their newer laws and such with a grain of salt because of how biased most of these laws are becoming these days.

Until it can be proven that earbuds like the ones I posted in another thread are more dangerous then the cager with his stereo making his windows vibrate while he's on the damn cell phone, then maybe I might agree with you and those laws. Till then I'll go with the earbuds being safer and if I ever wear them I'll continue to wear them till they take my license away.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #36
Buffalony

Quote:
Putting speakers on the outside of a vehicle that has no cabin makes sense because light travels faster than sound? What is Buffalo Water and Power putting into the drinking water up there, and how can I get my hands on it?
Flouride

Old April 16th, 2009, 07:57 PM   #37
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

When I ride a motorcycle, the only music I want to hear is the sweet, sweet purr of the engine .

Old April 16th, 2009, 08:09 PM   #38
miks
I'm lovin' it.

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

Quote:
Flouride
Good for your teeth

Father: You can't do both son.
miks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 19th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #39
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I just got a Parrot SK4000 Stereo Bluetooth (A2DP) helmet kit, an A2DP MP3 player, an handlebar mount, and an A2DP adapter for my iPhone 3G. The Parrot set has built-in FM Radio with RDS and text-to-speech (reads the station info). It also has voice commands, Caller ID, and syncs with your mobile phone book (no need for your phone to support voice dialing). It'll silence other audio sources, both wired and wireless, when a call comes in. If you have a Bluetooth GPS, it'll make sure you get your real-time turn directions even during a call. Pretty slick. The only other thing it needs is an intercom feature.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 20th, 2009, 06:24 AM   #40
Buffalony

Thats a nice and neat set. An intercom would be nice. guess you'll have to be on one really long call
Remember, most people underestimate the degree to which their hearing protects them from potential dangers within their immediate environment. And the problem goes beyond the fact that tightly fitting headphones prevent you from hearing ambient sounds. One can also become so immersed in the music that one becomes more profoundly isolated and distracted from what’s happening around you. When you have headphones on, your in a bubble of sound. Ride Safe. look around more.

These are cool too http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...FYZM5QodF0jRGA

Back to topic.I've been working non-stop.It sucks.

Take a look through here.
This is another of many threads going on right now on this topic, please read through it: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=86809 There are alot like this! about headphones while driving. The vast majority of responses are polite and asking to please not do it. If you mention this on a motorcycle forum, be prepared for pitch forks.lol I sure walked into this one with a cardboard turkey..

Quickly on another note:Thought this was fitting for this thread...At the moment I believe Canada is currently looking at banning portable playback devices in any vehicle. This is mainly because of the visual distraction. Though I guess it would hurt riders if LEOs spot wires going into your helmet or if your stopped and you cant get things hidden.Google it fer mo info. ..

I agree that it's tough to explain why headphones specifically earbuds are not as safe as a car stereo.This IS curently becoming a bigger issue around the world. You say you keep it low, I say... sure...cool... alot of people talk the talk. "turning it up for just one song wont hurt!" so on so forth. If I were a teen in this situation I'd definitly say screw that keeping it down Sh!t..lol Earbuds wernt as advanced then either. Some do keep it down, but...

Guys, Its really not about how loud it is, its about where its coming from. They screw with the whole ability to more quickly acknowledge where a given sound is coming from. On top of that it takes longer to get through the initial "did I hear something" phase. Because theres an absense of the whole subconciously known, "source of origin". (think i said that right) I know, I know...now your saying "well the earbuds are known". thats not what I'm talking about. I'm sayin placing two small speakers, 3' infront of you, 1.5' below ear level, 1.5' apart Is waay different (or even one). You just know alot sooner if something is going on outside of that, and a heck of alot faster determining where it is coming from.
Read alittle of the links on sound masking in the wiki link and the last link, and think alittle about how likely it is to be taking place with a speaker directly in your ear.

I believe better understanding on the public debate aspect of headphone use in general, and this thread, can come from more research into Psycho-acoustics. imo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoacoustics

partial link for more into my last paragraph. About hearing and direction
Hearing and Direction:http://www.school-for-champions.com/...rdirection.htm

Another good link.Masking paragraph is good.http://arts.ucsc.edu/ems/music/tech_.../teces_03.html

If you want to know what I meant about a specfic phrase or sentence, post asking.

Last futzed with by Buffalony; April 20th, 2009 at 08:18 AM.