ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Notices

Old August 27th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #41
jmgrande
YEAH! Custom name tag.

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R SE- SOLD to maverick9611

I love it. I'll def be doing this once I get ride of the stock fender. Where can it be ordered?
jmgrande is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2011, 10:50 AM   #42
ride2rideagain
total N00B

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Ordered mine a few days ago...It's been shipped. Scott is a great person to do business with and is very professional. The hugger is also significantly cheaper than others out there and from what I've heard so far, is very good.

Can't wait for it to arrive
ride2rideagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2011, 11:41 PM   #43
sherjay
ninjette.org member

Name: Xtian

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride2rideagain View Post
Ordered mine a few days ago...It's been shipped. Scott is a great person to do business with and is very professional. The hugger is also significantly cheaper than others out there and from what I've heard so far, is very good.

Can't wait for it to arrive
How did you order yours? I tried his email but it didn't work/reply.
sherjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 7th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #44
spooph
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Spooph

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

MOTM - Oct '15
I just ordered one from Scott not 2 days ago.... He's been replying to me for about a week...

My therapist has 2 wheels and a seat.
If you are ever in doubt to my tone, please refer to my avatar.
spooph is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 7th, 2011, 11:24 PM   #45
Nas
ninjette.org member

Name: Denis

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooph View Post
I just ordered one from Scott not 2 days ago.... He's been replying to me for about a week...
Probably that's why he didn't reply, sherjay, he's been too busy replying to spooh for a week
Nas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 8th, 2011, 08:53 AM   #46
ride2rideagain
total N00B

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherjay View Post
How did you order yours? I tried his email but it didn't work/reply.
his email works and he responds within a day or so.....are you sure u had it right, double check it and try again. he has a listing for a matte black one on ebay as well. search for ninja 250 hugger and its the black one going for $65 bucks. message him through ebay if anything
ride2rideagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 8th, 2011, 10:40 AM   #47
sherjay
ninjette.org member

Name: Xtian

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride2rideagain View Post
his email works and he responds within a day or so.....are you sure u had it right, double check it and try again. he has a listing for a matte black one on ebay as well. search for ninja 250 hugger and its the black one going for $65 bucks. message him through ebay if anything
Thanks. I got a reply from Scott.
sherjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 8th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #48
spooph

Name: Spooph

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

MOTM - Oct '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas View Post
Probably that's why he didn't reply, sherjay, he's been too busy replying to spooh for a week
lol

My therapist has 2 wheels and a seat.
If you are ever in doubt to my tone, please refer to my avatar.
spooph is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 8th, 2011, 05:39 PM   #49
DR1300R
ninjette.org guru

Name: Doyle

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Hayabusa 2009 Ninja 250R

just sent Scott an email...

Old December 14th, 2011, 11:43 PM   #50
Tinto
Java Junkie

Name: Tinto

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R and 2012 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpionNinja View Post
...Faster speeds (like if you city/higway 50-70MPH) causes that rooster tail and your seat cowl/ GF's back of jacket , gets lots of mud flinged up!

2-4" longer (closer the tip of fender is to the center of the rear wheel axle = better stopage) I cleaned the rear of the bike up, then got the tire muddy again and then cut a peice of cardboard and taped it into place to extend the fender.... and 2-4" (i used 3" i think) stopped ALOT more mud/dirt than how the stock scott hugger does!
Other than a longer hugger is there another solution to reduce or eliminate the rooster tail when the fender has been eliminated? Maybe positioning the license plate so it extends out past the tail light would help. Any other suggestions?
Tinto is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 18th, 2011, 09:32 PM   #51
Slono
ninjette.org guru

Name: Solon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (sold), 2007 SV650s (deer wrecked), 2010 Suzuki SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinto View Post
Other than a longer hugger is there another solution to reduce or eliminate the rooster tail when the fender has been eliminated? Maybe positioning the license plate so it extends out past the tail light would help. Any other suggestions?
I was thinking of doing that on my bike... tomorrow I'm going to test out different fender eliminator options. I have the stock fender right now and I'll try chopping it, before completely eliminating it and doing it myself without purchasing an aftermarket kit.

I just shot off a message to scott through ebay and I'll probably be purchasing one of these in the new few days, but I'm curious to see what the second pointier type of tire hugger looks like.
Slono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #52
Tinto
Java Junkie

Hello Slono,

I did the DIY fender eliminator and removed the cargo hooks and the turn signal brackets. It was a little intimidating before I started but after reading a few different versions on how to do this I felt comfortable enough to start cutting away. Mine turned out very well and of course didn't cost me a penny.

I used the existing license plate hardware to repositioned it above the tire with a forward slant but after riding in the rain knew that another modification would be needed to eliminate the rooster tail from doing its dirty work on my backpack or passenger. Cool but not practical. Without that ugly fender the bike looks much nicer but removing it came with this consequence.

I thought about a possible solution that would kill two "roosters" at one time...a flip plate and an adjustable tail. My idea is similar to Gixxerboy's license plate holder (http://gixxerboys.com/product.asp?specific=399) but I was thinking of an adjustable plastic "fender extender" that would be held in place behind the license plate. It could easily be pulled out in inclement weather. I haven't fabricated the piece yet so don't know if the plastic extendable tail is needed if the license plate angle can be adjusted.

If it turns out as well as I hope it does I'll take photos and post a little DIY on this. If it's a crash and burn idea just forget I wrote this post.

Old December 20th, 2011, 06:36 PM   #53
Slono
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (sold), 2007 SV650s (deer wrecked), 2010 Suzuki SV650S

I'm looking forward to seeing the DIY on that, because if you can pull it off I'll probably be doing the same thing. It sounds like a great idea.

Edit: I'm still talking to Scott because I want to know the styles and options. I already saved ~$100 doing the fender eliminator mod myself.

Old December 20th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #54
Tinto
Java Junkie

Thanks Slono. I'm a little busy so have to put this DIY on hold for a while but as soon as I get it done and think it works, as well as looks good, I'd be happy to share the results.

I think Scott's huggers are nice and he sounds like a nice guy to do business with but I wish he offered a little longer hugger, one that attached to both swing arms and one that would incorporate a chain guard. When you speak to him next please ask about these things. BTW, does he have a web site?

Last futzed with by Tinto; December 25th, 2011 at 07:48 AM. Reason: spulling

Old December 25th, 2011, 01:02 AM   #55
Slono
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinto View Post
Thanks Slono. I'm a little busy so have to but this DIY on hold for a while but as soon as I get it done and think it works, as well as looks good, I'd be happy to share the results.

I think Scott's huggers are nice and he sounds like a nice guy to do business with but I wish he offered a little longer hugger, one that attached to both swing arms and one that would incorporate a chain guard. When you speak to him next please ask about these things. BTW, does he have a web site?
Hey Tinto,

I've been in contact with Scott, and he can extend the tire hugger if the you wish to have a longer one. I opted for a regular one after talking to him because he says he doesn't think the extension would help since the hugger doesn't stretch far back enough to cut the angle of the spray, even if it was extended by 4 inches. He said if I find myself getting wet and want to fix it up with an extension I could just send it back and have it modified.

My personal opinion is to order the hugger to reduce the dirt whipped into the rear suspension and undertail, and worry about the spray at a later time if it affects you. Some people don't experience it at all, and it could possibly be related to the tread pattern of the tire that factors into how severe the spray is. The idea I came up with to help this problem was to fashion a plastic or metal piece that would stick onto the back of the license plate and extend downward.

Have a look at the picture I've included in the post...I used MS Paint to depict the possible extension on the license plate. This can be done if you utilize the bottom 2 holes of the license plate to bolt into the extension. The advantage of this method over using the stock fender is that it retains the clean look you could not achieve otherwise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ninja Profile Edited.JPG (102.9 KB, 56 views)

Last futzed with by Slono; December 25th, 2011 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Added picture

Old January 8th, 2012, 12:19 AM   #56
Tinto
Java Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
Hey Tinto,

I've been in contact with Scott, and he can extend the tire hugger if the you wish to have a longer one. I opted for a regular one after talking to him because he says he doesn't think the extension would help since the hugger doesn't stretch far back enough to cut the angle of the spray, even if it was extended by 4 inches. He said if I find myself getting wet and want to fix it up with an extension I could just send it back and have it modified.

My personal opinion is to order the hugger to reduce the dirt whipped into the rear suspension and undertail, and worry about the spray at a later time if it affects you. Some people don't experience it at all, and it could possibly be related to the tread pattern of the tire that factors into how severe the spray is. The idea I came up with to help this problem was to fashion a plastic or metal piece that would stick onto the back of the license plate and extend downward.

Have a look at the picture I've included in the post...I used MS Paint to depict the possible extension on the license plate. This can be done if you utilize the bottom 2 holes of the license plate to bolt into the extension. The advantage of this method over using the stock fender is that it retains the clean look you could not achieve otherwise.
Slono,

We think along the same lines. I really wanted to keep my tail bag clean for a weeklong trip I made recently and was pressed for time so decided to do two simple things to reduce and/or eliminate the rooster tail I was getting driving on wet roads.

I purchased a common door hinge and removed the pin holding it together. I replaced the pin with a bolt and nylon lock nut. I used this hinge to secure my license plate and attached it to my existing license plate bracket. Viola! I now have a very inexpensive adjustable license plate holder.

The angle can be changed to deflect some mud from spraying upward but needed an extender to get rid of more of the rooster tail so attached a removable plastic extender to the underside of the license plate. The first one I made wasn't a "crash and burn" but unfortunately it was a "drop and melt". I made the silly mistake of not tightening up the lock nut enough to give the license plate more rigidity and must have gone over a bump or two and it got sucked onto the top of my rear tire quickly melting a portion of the plastic. I stopped soon enough to detect my error before any damage to the tire occurred or before my moto became a rear flame thrower. It sure cleaned up my rear tire though!

My second plastic extender is of a lighter gauge so won't be experiencing that problem again. I took a photo of the melted one but I'm too embarrassed to post it here. The extender when attached looks a bit Mickey Mouse but it works quiet well.

I've thought of a different way to get rid of the rooster tail and will play around with the idea to see if it works so stay tuned. Until then I'm satisfied with Mickey riding in back when it rains.

Old January 8th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #57
ator
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R

How can I get a "Scott's" hugger?
ator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 8th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #58
Slono
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ator View Post
How can I get a "Scott's" hugger?
You can email Scott. His email is Swings5@comcast.net. He's also on eBay but I forgot his username. He's really helpful and almost always replies within 24 hours.

Old January 8th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #59
ator
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
You can email Scott. His email is Swings5@comcast.net. He's also on eBay but I forgot his username. He's really helpful and almost always replies within 24 hours.
Email sent

Thanks
ator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2012, 07:04 PM   #60
Tinto
Java Junkie

Just an update. I purchased one of Scott´s huggers and I'm glad I did as it keeps most of my undertail clean. I get a little mud and water thrown up towards the Ermax fender eliminator and license plate holder but the rooster tail I had to deal with before is no longer a problem.

I might add that Scott was very nice to deal with. Upon my request he included some industrial grade velcro to use if or when the double sticky tape failed and also a small jar of touch up paint at no additional cost.

One problem after installing the hugger...I noticed that the rear brake fluid reservoir would hit the upper right hand side of the hugger when bottoming out and damaged the paint surface. After slightly bending the reservoir outward this problem was corrected.

Scott was a pleasure to do business with and he knows what good customer service is all about.

Last futzed with by Tinto; October 4th, 2012 at 05:11 AM.

Old October 4th, 2012, 12:39 AM   #61
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

I'll post aswell. Scott's hugger is actually the first thing i bought for my bike. He has small versions and large versions. I believe i have the small version (its been awhile.) I originally thought the hugger would completely clean up the whole undertail and it does not, wich is disappointing. Regardless, it looks great, as someone else mention it keeps the whole shock area much nicer and the price is right. Id suggest everyone to get one.

Last futzed with by Aggrotech; October 4th, 2012 at 11:43 PM.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 4th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #62
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

we need pix!
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 4th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #63
Stamatos
ninjette.org member

Name: Derrick

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250 CLG

Scot hit me back today, I'm looking to get one in candy lime green (if there is anything left after the vet visit), probably the newer and larger model. He was really fast with his reply and plenty of info.
Stamatos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 5th, 2012, 05:11 AM   #64
EsrTek

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

I'm interested in the Industrial Velcro option, and it should probably come standard with these. As the double sided tape is only good until it gets wet at all, then needs to be replaced. I'm curious if the same type of glue material on the bottom of the Velcro will hold up any better?
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 5th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #65
Tinto
Java Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsrTek View Post
I'm interested in the Industrial Velcro option, and it should probably come standard with these. As the double sided tape is only good until it gets wet at all, then needs to be replaced. I'm curious if the same type of glue material on the bottom of the Velcro will hold up any better?
It's not really an option that Scott offers. As I'm living in SA I wasn't sure if I could purchase the industrial grade Velcro here. After mentioning this to Scott he agreed to purchase it for me and in doing so he wanted to evaluate whether he liked it enough to switch over from the double sticky tape.

So far I haven't needed to switch over to the Velcro as the double sticky has held up and I've travelled in all sorts of weather. If it does fail I will switch over to it. I think it will be a better option as it will allow the hugger to be taken off if necessary.

As far as the adhesive holding up on the Velcro I think it will better than the double sticky tape he uses. That stuff is very strong. Both adhesives need a clean surface for them to adhere to properly.

Old January 21st, 2013, 08:40 PM   #66
Tay
ninjette.org member

Name: Tay

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Hi All,

Just wanted to post my experience with Scott's hugger.

Fantastic is all I can say, very happy customer here

Long story short, late last year I got myself a Yoshimura fender eliminator, yes it looks great. Since I'm from from Melbourne, Australia,
fender eliminator are illegal (I think pretty much it's illegal in all parts of the world regardless), hearing stories about people getting defected and fined, I don't want to go through the hassle.
I thought, Mmmmmm, what if I can get a rear hugger (aka tyre mud guard) that can go as far as it can go to the point it's legal. As far as I'm aware laws in Australia, on a motorcycle the rear fender will need to be at the 45 degree mark to be legal.
After looking on the net for a hugger, all of them are standard size and no where near what I wanted.

That's until I came across Scott's hugger and peoples comments on this forum about this services. late last year I emailed Scott with my request and if he chooses to accept my challenge or not in making a custom hugger to meet my requirements.....he happy accepted and pretty much exceeded my expectations!

We communicate throughout the process and giving each other feedback and I couldn't ask for more in the process, everything went smoothly.
I couldn't get the hugger to go as far back as I wanted because of the stability issues, the further you go back the less support it'll have, something I did not want. The end result was shy of the 45 degree mark I wanted, but I think it looks better shorter At lease it's something and I think I will get away with this and not get hassled.
Also, as you are all aware, with any rear fender removed, specially on rainy days, with this hugger say goodbye to a dirty rear end

I would like to thank Scott on his professional work! I highly recommend his huggers to anyone, please be aware these are made to order so please be patient, let Scott do his thing and you will be very pleased of the outcome, plus it made it to Australia safe and sound.

Enough of the chit chat, here is the custom, as Scott calls it, the BLACK WIDOW.

Scott has made a mold of this if anyone wants one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130121_183124.jpg (285.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20130121_183154.jpg (279.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20130121_183203.jpg (237.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20130121_190441.jpg (130.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 20130121_190430.jpg (126.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20130121_190603.jpg (273.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20130121_190505.jpg (287.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20130121_190552.jpg (121.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 20130121_190455.jpg (120.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20130121_190658.jpg (103.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20130123_070623.jpg (108.2 KB, 17 views)

Last futzed with by Tay; January 22nd, 2013 at 02:01 PM.
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 21st, 2013, 09:32 PM   #67
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
Hi All,

Just wanted to post my experience with Scott's hugger.

Fantastic is all I can say, very happy customer here

Long story short, late last year I got myself a Yoshimura fender eliminator, yes it looks great. Since I'm from from Melbourne, Australia,
fender eliminator are illegal (I think pretty much it's illegal in all parts of the world regardless), hearing stories about people getting defected and fined, I don't want to go through the hassle.
I thought, Mmmmmm, what if I can get a rear hugger (aka tyre mud guard) that can go as far as it can go to the point it's legal. As far as I'm aware laws in Australia, on a motorcycle the rear fender will need to be at the 45 degree mark to be legal.
After looking on the net for a hugger, all of them are standard size and no where near what I wanted.

That's until I came across Scott's hugger and peoples comments on this forum about this services. late last year I emailed Scott with my request and if he chooses to accept my challenge or not in making a custom hugger to meet my requirements.....he happy accepted and pretty much exceeded my expectations!

We communicate throughout the process and giving each other feedback and I couldn't ask for more in the process, everything went smoothly.
I couldn't get the hugger to go as far back as I wanted because of the stability issues, the further you go back the less support it'll have, something I did not want. The end result was shy of the 45 degree mark I wanted, but I think it looks better shorter At lease it's something and I think I will get away with this and not get hassled.
Also, as you are all aware, with any rear fender removed, specially on rainy days, with this hugger say goodbye to a dirty rear end

I would like to thank Scott on his professional work! I highly recommend his huggers to anyone, please be aware these are made to order so please be patient, let Scott do his thing and you will be very pleased of the outcome, plus it made it to Australia safe and sound.

Enough of the chit chat, here is the custom, as Scott calls it, the BLACK WIDOW.

Scott has made a mold of this if anyone wants one.
Very unique execution.

Not my cup of tea but good job on a custom job
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:50 AM   #68
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsrTek View Post
Interesting yours came loose. I have had mine 2yrs, wet, dry, hot, cold, street and track and still using the same tape Scott sent me in the box.

I bet some of those industrial strength velcro pads will also hold it securly. They are insanely strong.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:11 AM   #69
EsrTek

I tried about 4 different types of tape now and no luck keeping the damn thing on there...
I got mine used and never got the original tape, so had to try other's. I thought for sure the red 'locktite' double sided 100+ mph wind rated stuff would work, but again 1 ride in rain and it was just being held on by the 1 bolt. I have since removed it and went back to a stock bike. If anyone wants a white hugger, $50 gets it.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:16 AM   #70
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

The original tape is 3M double sided outdoor tape. There are 2 types, make sure to get the outdoor version, it will hold up to the water. Also, clean and prep the area really well. Press it firmly down, have a beer then press it down again. It aint commin' back off unless you want it off.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:35 AM   #71
lgk

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

i bought mine used and used the 3m double sided tape.

still holding up after 7 months, i'll probably keep checking it.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:47 AM   #72
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Just use the 3M tape that comes on the gopro mounts. You can buy small rolls of in online and its used to hold huge stainless steel panel to buildings in any weather conditions. Just be sure to apply a pressure so it molds and give it 24hrs to cure.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:59 AM   #73
lgk

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

i think a good prep is essential in the tapes performance.

i washed the swingarm thoroughly and used alcohol to remove any left over oil and grease.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 07:00 AM   #74
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
Just use the 3M tape that comes on the gopro mounts. You can buy small rolls of in online and its used to hold huge stainless steel panel to buildings in any weather conditions. Just be sure to apply a pressure so it molds and give it 24hrs to cure.
That VBH stuff is crazy expensive and overkill. I have used that to pull dents out of car doors and takes some serious work to remove. Sure it will get the job done of holding a hugger on but....

Many auto body shops just use the 3m outdoor tape to reapply the molding on cars and can be purchased cheaply enough at a wal-mart and still is more than enough to do the job. A small shot with a heat gun will make it even stronger.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 07:01 AM   #75
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgk View Post
i think a good prep is essential in the tapes performance.

i washed the swingarm thoroughly and used alcohol to remove any left over oil and grease.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 07:33 AM   #76
EsrTek

Using the alcohol is a good idea, which totally eluded my dumbass.
If I end up keeping the bike, I'll try the 3m tape route and alcohol cleaning. I know 3m wasn't a tape I tried, but I thought for sure that red locktite tape would've done the trick.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:15 AM   #77
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Yep, the box I received from Scott contained 4 items.

A hugger
A strip of 3m outdoor double sided tape
A small bottle alcohol
Instructions that say to spend more time cleaning the area than installing the hugger lol

Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:29 PM   #78
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
Very unique execution.

Not my cup of tea but good job on a custom job
Same thoughts except it didn't look as bad as I thought it would. I also thought it could have been shorter, reached just as far, and looked better if it started from higher up. I'm thinking of the false swingarm shape from an Indonesian-style or Japanese-style huggers that have a "kondom" (Sportisi, A-Tech, etc). The bulk of the fake swingarm makes a starting point that is much higher and a little further back. They sell detachable "fenda-extendas" rubber flaps that could be used to get that last inch when being inspected or something. I wonder if you could fold it forward and just flip it back if you get pulled over and an officer actually starts to measure ("Oh. Not sure how that got flipped up there. Fixed. Thanks for telling me, officer.").
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 11th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #79
DryUrEyesM8
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250r SE

I liked the Black Widow so much for the looks and added rain/dirt protection I asked Scott to make me one.

It looks nice and I can't wait for it to get here so I can install it.
DryUrEyesM8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2013, 02:53 AM   #80
Tay
ninjette.org member

Name: Tay

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Hey DryUrEyesM8,

You wont be disappointed

As some already said, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but my main goal was for the legalities in my country/state and also the rain/dirt flicking up with the fender eliminator.

It rained heavy once this year and I can say that it probably stopped about 90% of the rain/dirt compared to before I had this, crap just went everywhere I sometimes ride with a rear seat bag that clips on, and when it rains, without the custom hugger, that bag was real filthy .

Enjoy.

Tay