ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old September 23rd, 2012, 08:08 PM   #1
Bushmaster11B
Bushmaster11B

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R "Limited Edition" w/ Metallic, Pearl Essent, Candy Coat 3 Tone Paint Job

Backed into answered prayers!!!!

I wanted to get a Bad @$$ paint job for years now and my prayer have been answered........ Akwardly! Lady backed into my parked Ninjette and caused what I thought was minor damage at lost cost. I was wrong and happiely wrong! Damaged items:

(Bad scratched and scraped paint) Front Facial, Wheel fender, Front rim. Scrathed Headlight lense and left side mirror. Torqued the forks (easy alignment fix, forks not damaged. Just misaligned them from the triple crowns), Bent kick stand and bolt.

Good news is she did not fall or lay over. She was pushed back 10 inches or so in the collision.

The great news is I'm getting $1300 for repairs. Every scratch was priced by the insurance company for "Plastics Replacement". I had a paint shop give me an estimate for a 3 tone custom Pearl Escent Pain job for $500. My fork alignment, kick stand repair and oil change is $250 and my "new" exhaust will be $400. I still have $150 left and will probably go towards a custom airbrush job for my helmet to match my bike.

Thought I was going to be angry but Thank God bike parts are exspensive in these cases and everything was minor. Just so everyone knows, my bike would have been totalled out if the cost went past $2200. So, be careful with your bike and the idiots in cars who don't watch. A totalled bike can usually be bought back as a Salvage Title but if you plan on reselling it, Well.. it's not worth $hit and hard to register and insure.

Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:17 PM   #2
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Congratulations on your wish coming true.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:28 PM   #3
JELY1990
Boring is my middle name.

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r

Lucky you weren't on the bike

Post pics when you get it painted!
JELY1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 28th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #4
IdRatherDrum
ninjette.org member

Name: Chase

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

You got lucky man!
IdRatherDrum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 8th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #5
Bushmaster11B
Bushmaster11B

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R "Limited Edition" w/ Metallic, Pearl Essent, Candy Coat 3 Tone Paint Job

See if this works.... here it is:

Pearl Essent Metallic Burnt Orange
Pearl Essent Candy White
Pearl Essent Metallic Navy Blue
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Broncos Ninja.jpg (134.2 KB, 37 views)

Old October 8th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #6
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
When are you gna finish it?
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 8th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #7
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
hmm... i like the tiny dog sitting on your gas tank.

Old October 8th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #8
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
hmm... i like the tiny dog sitting on your gas tank.
AFM #676

Old October 8th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #9
Bushmaster11B
Bushmaster11B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
When are you gna finish it?
Jan or Feb.... what do you think? Is all Candy metallic pearl essent

Old October 8th, 2012, 06:33 PM   #10
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Idk, right now it looks like 2 bikes put together. Maybe some blending or other designs/stripes or w/e
AFM #676

Old October 8th, 2012, 06:44 PM   #11
Alienjoe
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 1995 CBR600F3 "The Project"

I think it looks good like that! I'm all about the uniqueness of this hobby. If it fits you, then that's all that matters

Old October 8th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #12
Bushmaster11B
Bushmaster11B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Idk, right now it looks like 2 bikes put together. Maybe some blending or other designs/stripes or w/e
It's going to get some Team affiliated graphics. Plus I'm wrapping the seats with Jersey + Jersey stitched numbers. There will be a Navy Blue with Burnt Orange pin strip in the Front wheel fairing as well. It should all be done my the end of Dec for looks on the fairings

Old October 8th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #13
JELY1990
Boring is my middle name.

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r

It looks good! Once you get the team graphics on there it will look even better. The only thing I don't like about it is the shiny stock exhaust.
JELY1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 9th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #14
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

Looking forward to see it finished. Right now, just looks really mis-matched like you couldn't decide on a color. I actually thought you got all 3 colors to just see how they looked on the bike to pick one, then I realized you wanted it like that....Can't say I really see the magic here but to each his own. As long as you like it, I guess that's all that matters.

Old October 11th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #15
Bushmaster11B
Bushmaster11B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicious Logic View Post
Looking forward to see it finished. Right now, just looks really mis-matched like you couldn't decide on a color. I actually thought you got all 3 colors to just see how they looked on the bike to pick one, then I realized you wanted it like that....Can't say I really see the magic here but to each his own. As long as you like it, I guess that's all that matters.
LOL, I have some money, but I don't blow it on nice paint consecutive jobs to see how it looks. The camera doesn't do it's justice Bro. You really have to see it in person to see the Pearl and Candy on top of the metallic. It was Factory Limited Edition Metallic Black before it was painted. I live by a Military Base and people DO NOT watch for bikers around here. I always had near accidents everyday because people didn't see me. So far, knock on wood, people see me a lot better and no one have scared be yet. I do like it. Like I said, I'm not done with it yet. My money is just tied up right now due to a possible transmission replacement on my car (If the warranty does not cover it due to possible aftermarket clutch, if it has one). Exhaust will be going on the Bike in Jan when I move to Colorado. I'm at 750 ft above sea level and It would just be a waste of time to have to change out the main jets on my carb in a few months when I move up there (6300 ft elevation). But, I will keep everyone posted. Do you know where I can post my bike up for the main lobby random pics you see when you first enter Ninjette.org? Thanks.

Old October 11th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #16
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmaster11B View Post
LOL, I have some money, but I don't blow it on nice paint consecutive jobs to see how it looks. The camera doesn't do it's justice Bro. You really have to see it in person to see the Pearl and Candy on top of the metallic. It was Factory Limited Edition Metallic Black before it was painted. I live by a Military Base and people DO NOT watch for bikers around here. I always had near accidents everyday because people didn't see me. So far, knock on wood, people see me a lot better and no one have scared be yet. I do like it. Like I said, I'm not done with it yet. My money is just tied up right now due to a possible transmission replacement on my car (If the warranty does not cover it due to possible aftermarket clutch, if it has one). Exhaust will be going on the Bike in Jan when I move to Colorado. I'm at 750 ft above sea level and It would just be a waste of time to have to change out the main jets on my carb in a few months when I move up there (6300 ft elevation). But, I will keep everyone posted. Do you know where I can post my bike up for the main lobby random pics you see when you first enter Ninjette.org? Thanks.
Here ya go. Think if you just put it up in here and ask Alex nicely, he'll add it for you.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=701

Old October 11th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #17
Bushmaster11B
Bushmaster11B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicious Logic View Post
Here ya go. Think if you just put it up in here and ask Alex nicely, he'll add it for you.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=701
Thanks, yeah he picked it up earlier. Appreciate it though.