PreGen Race/Track Bikes

Anyone still have or run one?
oldnewninjarider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2024, 01:11 PM   #2
Pregen_Prat
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Pratham

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250, 1998 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird

Not yet, but I am definitely interested in making one. I have owned my 250 for over 3 years and have done 2 track days. Last summer I put a new pirelli sport demon tire on the back, put sintered brake pads front and back, new stainless steel lines, lithium battery and some other micellaneous thing. Very light bike and can brake really well, but the suspension is like a water bed and you have to be very smooth with braking to make sure you don’t dive the front forks. I guess next step on my agenda is replacing the fork springs, fork oil, new rear shock. Let me know if you are building yours into a track bike too.
Pregen_Prat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2024, 02:18 PM   #3
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
I have a newgen rear shock (used from eBay) and Sonic front springs. Following Sonic's recommendations, my fork does not dive excessively now. Previously I could bottom both front and rear without much trouble.

There is some information here that might be helpful: https://ninja250.info/wiki/Suspension
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2024, 09:18 AM   #4
Rps13_
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Rishi

Motorcycle(s): None yet

I have a new gen rear shock, you could also use the ex300 rear shock. I’ve used sonic and racetechs front shock guideline. For sonic im about 170 which is in btw two spring rates. Should I just go up in spring weight? And for the race tech vs sonic according to my weight I would have two very diff measures .85 sonic vs .7 racetech. Any advice on which to pick? Sorry to thread hijack but op may have same questions
Rps13_ is offline   Reply With Quote