ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:40 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[sportrider - latest stories] - AMA Barber Superbike Saturday race report—Hayes tak

AMA Barber Superbike Saturday race report—Hayes takes seventh win

Monster Energy Graves Yamaha rider continues domination of AMA superbike series; teammate Josh Herrin second, Yoshimura Suzuki’s Blake Young third, EBR’s Geoff May fourthLEEDS, AL, JUNE 23 – That Monster Energy Graves Yamaha’s Josh Hayes won an AMA Superbike race isn’t notable; he’s matched a career high by winning seven this year. What was notable was that it was both his and Yamaha’s first Superbike win at Barber Motorsports Park on Saturday, a track closest to his home in Gulfport, Mississippi, from where his parents and other friends and family members drove to watch the two-time Superbike champion continue his utter domination of the AMA Pro Road Racing Superbike championship.

“I’ve had a pretty good run on Superbikes,” the 37-year-old said after beating teammate Josh Herrin by 5.136 seconds on a 95-degree day in Alabama. “I have won a few races here on 600s, so I do know what it feels like to win a race here. But on a Superbike, I’ve had such a good run the last couple of years, to check one of them off the list is really nice.

“I’m always excited when my family are in town and having my mom and dad here to see it is awesome. They’ve been here to see me win two championships. Now I’ve finally won at least a Superbike race. We have that to cheer on this year. And it’s close to home, it’s a fun race track and, like I said, it’s one that, for whatever reason has also been difficult for me and I’m glad to be able to put one away.”

The win at Barber was Hayes’ fourth in a row and seventh of the year in the AMA Superbike series, matching his career high from 2009 and 2010, and also 2007 in the Formula Xtreme class. With Saturday’s race marking the halfway point in the 20-race season, Hayes is certain to smash his career-best mark.

Photo Gallery: AMA Barber Superbike Saturday race report—Hayes takes seventh win - Sport Rider Magazine

AMA Barber Superbike Saturday race report—Hayes takes seventh win | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

Click here for full story...