ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old March 26th, 2012, 05:32 AM   #1
sowega
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 899, 748, 250, 250, 70

Ex250 & cbr250

I spent about half of yesterday's trackday on my EX race bike and half on a CBR250 with Bazzazz, Akrapovic, emulators, springs, clipons, and rearset brackets.

The Honda handles marginally better (less offset, more rake/trail, maybe?), but the engine is nowhere close to the Ninja. Without some serious motorwork, there's no comparison. Just to be sure, I put a friend (who probably weighs 70 lbs more than me) on my Ninja, and I took the CBR. I had to ride my ass off to keep up with him, and he left me as soon as he got used to the bike.

So, if you're thinking of chasing that Honda contingency money, good luck.

Old March 26th, 2012, 05:37 AM   #2
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Nice to hear a comparison from this perspective, and from a local, no less.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #3
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 03 Ninjette

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowega View Post
I spent about half of yesterday's trackday on my EX race bike and half on a CBR250 with Bazzazz, Akrapovic, emulators, springs, clipons, and rearset brackets.

The Honda handles marginally better (less offset, more rake/trail, maybe?), but the engine is nowhere close to the Ninja. Without some serious motorwork, there's no comparison. Just to be sure, I put a friend (who probably weighs 70 lbs more than me) on my Ninja, and I took the CBR. I had to ride my ass off to keep up with him, and he left me as soon as he got used to the bike.

So, if you're thinking of chasing that Honda contingency money, good luck.
Nice perspective. I know they are "beginner bikes" but I do find it highly annoying to never see a drag race/race around a circuit in any of the comparisons or extensive reviews they do of them together... they essentially drag out a bunch of journalist B.S. that you could deduce by 1)looking at 2)sitting on and 3) seeing the dyno for - each bike... largely useless when comparing the two for potential buyers/riders who just want to see which one gets the best mileage, goes the quickest, goes the fastest, handles best, and lastly is just most fun, which I have gathered time and again, is the ninjette.
Mulholland is offline   Reply With Quote