ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old October 14th, 2011, 11:24 PM   #1
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

Changing wheels: Spoked to non-spoked.

How would I go about doing this? I can't really find anywhere on the web or local bike shops/dealerships that could help me.

My bike has spoked wheels, and both are rusty, rim and spokes. So instead of restoring them, I'd like to change to non-spoked wheels (not sure what you'd call them.. alloys?), for simplicity, modernization, and I think they just look good. You can do much more to them than spoked ones.

So like I said, I couldn't find anything except like $3000 HD wheels. If anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

If it makes a difference, my wheels are 3.25x19 front single disc brake, and 3.75x18 rear drum brake..

Old October 15th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #2
FrugalNinja250
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Though tire sizing is fairly standardized, there are no standards for hub and axle design, so your best bet is to try and find wheels of a different version of your bike. There's going to be a lot of trial and error on this.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2011, 08:55 PM   #3
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

Can anyone explain what info I'm supposed to be looking at when researching axle and hub size?