ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old May 25th, 2014, 11:28 PM   #41
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
make sure she uses the control riders. they are there for a reason.

Old May 26th, 2014, 10:39 AM   #42
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by #maverick# View Post
Good discussion indeed guys... some valid points for me to consider. . Just to clarify I have taken the MSC BRC and will also be taking their IRC. My track date will more likely than not be after this course...........I will sign up for STT and take their novice classes I also will attend some track days as a spectator just to talk And maybe meet some new people and see how it all goes down.........
http://www.motorcycle.com/rider-safe...ing-91039.html

http://www.motorcycle.com/rider-safe...ves-88119.html

http://www.motorcycle.com/rider-safe...ity-88228.html

http://www.motorcycle.com/how-to/lea...rcycles-safely
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2014, 12:38 AM   #43
Aufitt
The A Team

Name: Aufitt

Motorcycle(s): Z50, CB125, RZ500, MC22, R3.

I never ride track days where the whole groups are not coached (except Group 4 as that's Supersport & Superbike racers or hardcore track day riders at Race pace)
Reading National and International forums Ive found we are spoilt in my state to have these guys- http://www.trakdayz.com.au/
Their motto is 'If you think you can, or think you cant, either way you are right.'
(This applies to crashing)

But from what ive seen-

Group 1-
Rarely any crashers as they are at parade lap pace, mostly nervous riders with 3 or less track day experience and strictly contolled by the coaches.

Group 2-
The most crashee's , as has the widest variation in laptimes with everything from nervous riders just out of Level 1 and the pace gets daunting, track day regulars happy to get their fix without moving up to the next level, mixed with budding Marquez's out to break the lap record where ambition outweighs talent.
often these riders wont move up to Group 3 as they are too Awesome to get hosed by anyone that doesn't have the latest 1000cc bike and subsequently bin their shyt.
(I hated level 2 on a 250 and couldn't wait to get out of it and refuse to ride it)
Often multiple bike pileups and the poor coaches struggle to control everyone at different pace.

Group 3-
Generally Racers on small bikes/older bikes, good fast track day riders, and some going for their race licence, great coaching working on fine tuning the art of getting the best out of themselves, has crashers but least they know why they crash.

Group 4-
Don't regularly crash... but when they do its horrific,
no place for the faint hearted.

Some 30 track days, 10 race days, and no paint off yet *touch wood*
Aufitt is offline   Reply With Quote