ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old April 3rd, 2009, 06:32 PM   #1
py2e
ninjette.org member

Name: Pete

Motorcycle(s): 2009 BLACK Kawasaki Ninja 250R

EZ-Pass, toll tags....

Where is the best place to mount them? I have one of those ez pass pouches, and I'm think of tying it to the mirrors.

Old April 3rd, 2009, 07:07 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I keep ours in a top pocket in the tankbag. It's not critical if it gets read or not, at least in California, as they have cameras that pick up the license plate if they don't get a read on the FasTrak transponder anyway. Many folks never put the FasTrak transponder in the car or on the bike at all and just rely on the plate-reading, though it's not recommended, as you can get a ticket for it if you happen to be pulled over for non-payment immediately after going through a toll. If you have the transponder on you, there's no ticket.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 4th, 2009, 06:51 PM   #3
k4m1k4z3k
ninjette.org member

Name: Kel

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

It can't just lay across the top of the gauge cluster and the windscreen?
k4m1k4z3k is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 6th, 2009, 06:24 AM   #4
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

What Alex said also applies to the Ez Pass. I don't like to attach much to Tyke (I take to many pictures) So I usually just keep it in my pocket... If I can pull it out I do but if there is to much traffic I'll just pass through. The gates will honk and they will take a picture of my plates and bill my account. As long as the motorcycle is registered to your account.

Old April 6th, 2009, 07:41 AM   #5
py2e
ninjette.org member

Name: Pete

Motorcycle(s): 2009 BLACK Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I'm not worry about the tickets, but some of them have gates... and I'm not a fan of limbo dancing on my bike.

Old April 6th, 2009, 08:59 AM   #6
mcteague
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Yamaha FZ6

I put the two little hook & loop sticky tabs on the indside my windscreen. As the screen curves you have to be careful attaching the EZPass transponder or else it can fall off.

I don't see how people can pull them out of a pocket and put them back in while moving and wearing gloves. It seems dropping it would just be a matter of time.

I have been considering a Puig or ZG windscreen but those are even more curved so I would have to figure another way of attaching it.

Tim
mcteague is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 6th, 2009, 12:08 PM   #7
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by py2e View Post
I'm not worry about the tickets, but some of them have gates... and I'm not a fan of limbo dancing on my bike.
I have never seen those...

As for other ways... You can try and get another bit of the velcro stuff that they give you for the car and strip it to the windscreen..

As for the pocket thing. Put it in your throttle pocket, your clutch hand will be holding it in because you are shifting down. I reach in, pull it out and hold it above the windscreen. Zip through, pocket it, and be on my merry little way... Of course I am used to that cause I take pictures while I ride too...

Old April 6th, 2009, 12:25 PM   #8
mcteague
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Yamaha FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4m1k4z3k View Post
It can't just lay across the top of the gauge cluster and the windscreen?
It could but it would bounce around and possibly out. I tried to stick it to the black housing in front of the gauges but nothing stays stuck to that plastic. Mine has popped off the "Velcro" tabs a few times and slipped down to the bottom of the windscreen area. It didn't go anywhere but sure did dance around as I rode.

Tim
mcteague is offline   Reply With Quote