Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Items Wanted

Closed Thread

Old February 20th, 2011, 09:27 PM   #1
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Name: AMMOCAN

Motorcycle(s): *SOLD* '10 Kawasaki 250R SE A.K.A. SLIME-R *SOLD*

Looking to Buy '08 - '10 Ninja 250R SE

As the title says, I am currently looking to purchase a New or gently used '08 - '10 Kawasaki Ninja 250R SE model. I live in Northern California, so the seller/shop either has to be reasonably close or willing to work something out.

What ever the price we decide on will be paid in cash! However, I am still waiting on to be payed by the VA, so it could be a few weeks until I actually have the cash in hand to purchase.

If you have or know of a place that has what I am looking for, then please let me know.

Thanx,

Old February 21st, 2011, 11:47 AM   #2
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Theres been a couple pop up on craigslist. Other than that there are not any members in "norcal" that I know of selling their bikes.

Old February 21st, 2011, 09:46 PM   #3
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Thanx ztrack157, but I think I might have found her!

Old February 22nd, 2011, 12:35 AM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Just saw an ad for a blue 2008 in the bay area, great condition, $3100. Link on SBR.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old February 22nd, 2011, 03:25 AM   #5
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

There was no SE in 2008. There was a straight Kawi Green though.

Old February 22nd, 2011, 12:38 PM   #6
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Thanx Alex and CZroe for your help.

I have recently made a deal with a private seller on a used '09 Kawi Ninja 250R SE with 1,200 miles for $3,500. Considering my location and the condition of this motorcycle I feel this is a very reasonable price. Also, the seller agreed to not only hold it for me until the VA pays me, but to also give me a break on the 'bill of sale'. Turns out the seller and I know some of the same people and that he purchased and serviced the motorcycle at our local shop.

Old February 22nd, 2011, 12:43 PM   #7
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I sincerely hope it works out, but without cash in hand, a deal isn't done. There are countless stories of people thinking they had things worked out, but what would you do in his shoes if a potential buyer walked up tomorrow with his asking price?

Consider asking him to take at least a deposit on the bike, in addition to a handshake. As a seller, I'd never take a deposit; but as a buyer, I'd certainly ask to be able to in case it's that much more likely that the bike will be held for me.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old February 22nd, 2011, 12:57 PM   #8
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Thanx for the info. Alex.

I agree with you 100% that until money and pink slip are exchanged then nothing is final. However, I am a man of my word, thus I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assume they are too. We did talk about it and shook on it. He also invited me to his house where we talked for a few more hours and tinkered with his other toys. Until he proves me otherwise I believe what he said about not being in a hurry to sell and not hurting for money, as that spoke clearly when I went to his house.

I know that money does talk and bullshit does walk, but from day one I have been opened and honest with him about my situation and he knew that when he invited me to meet him some where publicly to look at the motorcycle. As of right now he doesn't have it listed for sale any where. Again, I am aware of the realization that until I get paid and hand over the hard green stuff the deal isn't done, but after spending the day with him I would like to believe he is a man of his word. I guess I will find out soon enough.

I think of it as this, if it is meant to be then it will happen. If not, then I will just keep moving forward.

Thanx,

Old March 17th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #9
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

No longer looking! I picked up SLIME-R on Monday.

Thanx,

Closed Thread