ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Notices

Old January 24th, 2018, 11:41 AM   #1
SV Racing Parts
ninjette.org member

Name: Blair

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

Thumbs up SV Racing Parts, Black Custom Side Lift Stands for 2008 Up Ninja 250 - 300

SV Racing Parts, Black Custom Side Lift Stands for 2008 Up Ninja 250 - 300 Models are In Stock and Shipping Now.

Superb Stability and Very Well Made. These Awesome Stands come Complete with strong Caster Wheels Hyudraulic Assist Standard to make raising and lowering your bike Safely, Sweet and Easy.

On Super Discount now at only $248.95 Including Shipped to your door, anywhere in the Lower 48 States.

Shipping to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Other outlying Territories, and Canada is $70 Flat Rate Shipping.

Worldwide Shipping at Great Rates is also available. I ship to Ninja Riders and Racers Worldwide every day.

Email me Directly at b.layton@svracingparts.com

Or Visit me Anytime and Order Directly Online for Instant Shipping to your door at the Link Below

www.svracingparts.com

These are All Excellent Parts that will serve you well.

Enjoy the ride, and very best regards,
Blair
SV Racing Parts is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2018, 02:11 PM   #2
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Hi, Blair.

Question for you: What exactly is involved in swapping pins? I have two bikes that I'd like to maneuver around my workshop (2006 Yamaha R6R and 2011 Suzuki GSX-R750), so would need two pin sets.

Ideally, it's not a fiddly disassembly/reassembly process. Not a deal killer, of course. It's not like I'm slinging the bikes around all the time.. but when it's time to put one aside so that I can work on the other, it'd be nice to be able to do so quickly and easily.

Thanks....

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2018, 02:18 PM   #3
SV Racing Parts
ninjette.org member

Thumbs up SV Racing Parts, Black Custom Side Lift Stands for 2008 Up Ninja 250 - 300 Models

You need to order the Complete Pin Kit for each bike to have everything you need, Once you get used to the way you need to set up the Pin kit for each Bike. it is not difficult.

www.svracingparts.com

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

Last futzed with by SV Racing Parts; March 11th, 2018 at 02:39 PM.

Old January 24th, 2018, 02:25 PM   #4
adouglas
Cat herder

Thanks, but could you be a bit more specific? I understand that a pin kit for each bike is required, but what's involved in the swap?

Are we talking "Each of the pins is held in by one bolt... simple" or is it more like "you have to disassemble the moving bracket and realign everything"?

Given that this device works by sticking two pins into the bike's frame/swing arm pivot, I imagine that it's more the latter than the former. After all, the frame hole locations vary from bike to bike.

Old January 24th, 2018, 02:33 PM   #5
SV Racing Parts
ninjette.org member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Thanks, but could you be a bit more specific? I understand that a pin kit for each bike is required, but what's involved in the swap?

Are we talking "Each of the pins is held in by one bolt... simple" or is it more like "you have to disassemble the moving bracket and realign everything"?

Given that this device works by sticking two pins into the bike's frame/swing arm pivot, I imagine that it's more the latter than the former. After all, the frame hole locations vary from bike to bike.
Unbolting the Pin Kit for one bike from the stand and bolting the new Pin Kit onto the stand and a quick reset on the angles. Once you have set the angle once it gets quicker and easier every time.

Using one stand on multiple bikes is simply a matter of practice and experience, I can set up a stand out of the box and have the bike up on it in 20 minutes because of practice and experience. Remember that side lift stands use some unique logic and geometry to work. All it takes is practice.

Worth the effort,

Old January 24th, 2018, 02:53 PM   #6
adouglas
Cat herder

OK, cool... I just visited YouTube to take a look and think I have a better understanding now. The pin kit has the two pins attached to a plate. The plate is what attaches to the actual mechanism. So it's a matter of swapping the plate... one big bolt and the little arm that sets the angle, right?

Old January 24th, 2018, 03:08 PM   #7
SV Racing Parts
ninjette.org member

Thumbs up

Quote:
OK, cool... I just visited YouTube to take a look and think I have a better understanding now. The pin kit has the two pins attached to a plate. The plate is what attaches to the actual mechanism. So it's a matter of swapping the plate... one big bolt and the little arm that sets the angle, right?
Yes; That and quickly resetting the angles with the connecting All Thread Bolt,

I ship you what you need in the second Pin Kit, They are $89.95 and ship in the box with the stand and the first pin kit.

Blair

Old January 27th, 2018, 02:16 PM   #8
Flying
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

I was looking for a discount after my first stand was stolen. Was fairly happy with the use of the first stand and rebuilt my motorcycle from the ground up using it.
Flying is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2018, 02:24 PM   #9
SV Racing Parts
ninjette.org member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying View Post
I was looking for a discount after my first stand was stolen. Was fairly happy with the use of the first stand and rebuilt my motorcycle from the ground up using it.
Hi Flying, at approximately $250 Including Shipping in the Lower 48 States and Including the Pin Kit and Including Caster Wheels and Including the Hydraulic Cylinder to control and make raising and lowering our bikes on the stands, and especially considering that these are our new and best models ever; We are doing all we can already,

Click on the Link Below to Order Directly Online for Instant Shipping to your door, Anywhere in the Lower 48 States. Free Shipping.

https://www.svracingparts.com/store/...els/p/55304343

These are All Excellent Parts that will serve you well,

Enjoy the ride, and Very best regards,
Blair

Old January 28th, 2018, 05:54 AM   #10
Flying
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Oh, don't misunderstand me Blair! I wasn't asking for a discount specifically. I meant that I was just waiting until SV Racing came through with another deal. I am aware that you guys have limited runs on parts, and have a history of doing well by your customers.

Edit: Now that you mentioned that the stands you have are new and the best, I'm curious. Have the stands you sell changed since August 2016 when I bought my first SV Racing stand?
Flying is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2018, 09:23 AM   #11
SV Racing Parts
ninjette.org member

Thumbs up SV Racing Parts, Black Custom Side Lift Stands for 2008 Up Ninja 250 - 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying View Post
Oh, don't misunderstand me Blair! I wasn't asking for a discount specifically. I meant that I was just waiting until SV Racing came through with another deal. I am aware that you guys have limited runs on parts, and have a history of doing well by your customers.

Edit: Now that you mentioned that the stands you have are new and the best, I'm curious. Have the stands you sell changed since August 2016 when I bought my first SV Racing stand?
Yes they are definitely improved. These are our best stands ever. The current pricing is as good as these will ever get and with increased Shipping and manufacturing costs all stands are more likely to go up in cost rather than down. Our Costs on Pin Kits are already going up with CNC Costs rising,

Let me know whenever you are ready. I will get you looked after right away. Order directly online for Instant Shipping to your door,

https://www.svracingparts.com/store/...els/p/55304343

Blair

Old February 3rd, 2018, 09:39 PM   #12
adouglas
Cat herder

OK, so I bought one of these as a birthday present to myself.

I could not be happier.

I am blessed with a large, ground-level workshop, complete with smooth concrete floor and sink. Don't hate me. When we were shopping for a new house, I discovered it and nearly fainted. I went back upstairs and said to my wife "Dear, I absolutely LOVE the kitchen!!!" (which was true too, but, well, you know).

Anyway, I have two bikes and this awesome space. It's the perfect size to park one bike in the middle of the shop and do stuff, but it's a PITA to swap bikes, get the bike out of the way, turn it around, etc. etc.

So I really wanted an easy way to move bikes around the shop.

This stand is, pardon my French, THE ABSOLUTE T*TS. I could not be happier.

Useful notes:

For those with multiple bikes:
1) Two bikes means two bike-specific brackets. The choice is to buy two stands (not a bad idea if you've got the $$$... two of these are still cheaper than one of the Bursig stands) or buy one stand and two brackets. I was worried that swapping brackets would be such a hassle that I'd hate it, but once set up it's only two bolts. Can be done in a minute.

I moved both bikes around the shop multiple times and have concluded that it really is no big deal to swap setups.

2) It's a good idea to mark bolt locations and stuff on the brackets, so you can get things lined up properly every time.

Use:
1)You WILL get comfortable with balancing a bike with one hand, leaning it on your hip, etc. Because if you can't do this, you can't get the pins into the holes. Period. (Don't worry, it's not hard.)

2) Setup is very fiddly, but it's not actually necessary to get everything perfect. Close enough is good enough. Also, once you're set you're done. One thing I really appreciated is that each bracket set comes with the threaded bolt that adjusts the angle. This is a key setting and having to re-do it every time would be a MASSIVE hassle.

Quality and utility:
Very well made IMHO. Good hardware, good finish. I wouldn't take this to the track, though, because the wheels are relatively small and probably wouldn't do that well on asphalt. In a garage with a smooth concrete floor, it's perfect.

Is it a replacement for conventional paddock stands?

I'd say no. Traditional stands are very useful and versatile. They can deal with real-world track conditions (less-than-level surfaces, semi-rough pavement) with ease. This stand really does well on smooth, level surfaces, and is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for maneuvering bikes around in small spaces. So it's a terrific complement, but not a replacement IMHO.

Last futzed with by adouglas; February 4th, 2018 at 09:32 AM.

Old February 3rd, 2018, 10:25 PM   #13
SV Racing Parts
ninjette.org member

Thumbs up SV Racing Parts, Black Custom Side Lift Stands for 2008 Up Ninja 250 - 300 Models

Quote:
OK, so I bought one of these as a birthday present to myself.

I could not be happier.

I am blessed with a large, ground-level workshop, complete with smooth concrete floor and sink. Don't hate me. When we were shopping for a new house, I discovered it and nearly fainted. I went back upstairs and said to my wife "Dear, I absolutely LOVE the kitchen!!!" (which was true too, but, well, you know).

Anyway, I have two bikes and this awesome space. It's the perfect size to park one bike in the middle of the shop and do stuff, but it's a PITA to swap bikes, get the bike out of the way, turn it around, etc. etc.

So I really wanted an easy way to move bikes around the shop.

This stand is, pardon my French, THE ABSOLUTE T*TS. I could not be happier.

Useful notes:

For those with multiple bikes:
1) Two bikes means two bike-specific brackets. The choice is to buy two stands (not a bad idea if you've got the $$$... two of these are still cheaper than one of the Burwell stands) or buy one stand and two brackets. I was worried that swapping brackets would be such a hassle that I'd hate it, but once set up it's only two bolts. Can be done in a minute.

I moved both bikes around the shop multiple times and have concluded that it really is no big deal to swap setups.

2) It's a good idea to mark bolt locations and stuff on the brackets, so you can get things lined up properly every time.

Use:
1)You WILL get comfortable with balancing a bike with one hand, leaning it on your hip, etc. Because if you can't do this, you can't get the pins into the holes. Period. (Don't worry, it's not hard.)

2) Setup is very fiddly, but it's not actually necessary to get everything perfect. Close enough is good enough. Also, once you're set you're done. One thing I really appreciated is that each bracket set comes with the threaded bolt that adjusts the angle. This is a key setting and having to re-do it every time would be a MASSIVE hassle.

Quality and utility:
Very well made IMHO. Good hardware, good finish. I wouldn't take this to the track, though, because the wheels are relatively small and probably wouldn't do that well on asphalt. In a garage with a smooth concrete floor, it's perfect.

Is it a replacement for conventional paddock stands?

I'd say no. Traditional stands are very useful and versatile. They can deal with real-world track conditions (less-than-level surfaces, semi-rough pavement) with ease. This stand really does well on smooth, level surfaces, and is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for maneuvering bikes around in small spaces. So it's a terrific complement, but not a replacement IMHO.

Thanks for the Good Word Andrew; I knew you would be happy with my SV Racing Parts, Black Custom Side Lift Stand. I work hard to make these stand great so I appreciate you enjoying the SVRP Side Lift Stands usefulness.

One quick aside, these stands are often used at tracks; All good to Go.

Blair

Old February 4th, 2018, 10:00 AM   #14
adouglas
Cat herder

Yeah, I've seen a few Bursigs at the track. Thing is, the wheels are relatively small (half the size of regular paddock stand wheels). Some of the tracks around here have very rough surfaces in the pits.

But in a garage, can't be beat. Just being able to easily spin the bike around for the next session is reason enough.

Old February 6th, 2018, 06:10 PM   #15
alpacaandy
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): ninja 300

Anyone have a youtube link avail for this stand?

Andy
alpacaandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 8th, 2018, 11:23 AM   #16
SV Racing Parts
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpacaandy View Post
Anyone have a youtube link avail for this stand?

Andy
Hi Andy, All the Side Lift Stands Manufactured All Look the Same, Work the Same, Use exactly the same Logic to lift the bikes. It is the Pin Kits that are Unique to Each Bike Model. Our SV Racing Parts Black Custom Side Lift Stands just happen to be the very best price and we carry lots of Stock so you get it Very Quickly. It is Pin Shape and Placement for each model that varies,

Our Stands Are Steel and Work Very Well, Shipped to your Door in the Lower 48 States for Under $250. Email me Directly at b.layton@svracingparts.com

Old March 11th, 2018, 02:23 PM   #17
maverick9611
"a legend in my own mind"

Name: maverick9611

Motorcycle(s): 2015 moto guzzi norge(brownie),2020 aprilia dorsoduro,

MOTM - Feb '18
i like it! will be getting one soon.

Old March 11th, 2018, 02:41 PM   #18
SV Racing Parts
ninjette.org member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick9611 View Post
i like it! will be getting one soon.

These are All Excellent Parts that will serve you well.

Visit me Anytime at www.svracingparts.com

Blair

Old April 8th, 2018, 11:15 AM   #19
maverick9611

MOTM - Feb '18
this stand is the real deal! the quality/craftsmanship are excellent. blair kicks it up another notch by doing free shipping and mega help/how to's on set up. angle placement of pins is critical but not difficult. thanx again blair and great job on a unique stand that allows 360 degree movement and is quite trick.

rear tire

front tire

Old April 8th, 2018, 11:24 AM   #20
SV Racing Parts
ninjette.org member

Thumbs up SV Racing Parts, Black Custom Side Lift Stands for 2008 Up Ninja 250R - 300R

Thanks Mike, Awesome Work on the Set Up of the SV Racing Parts, Black Custom Side Lift Stands for 2008 Up Ninja 250R - 300R. Anyone Else looking for this Awesome Stand can Visit me at www.svracingparts.com or Email me at b.layton@svracingparts.com

Old April 13th, 2018, 12:20 PM   #21
maverick9611

MOTM - Feb '18
no problem with a blair’s stand

Old April 13th, 2018, 01:21 PM   #22
adouglas
Cat herder

I had two sets of paddock stands, one for each bike.

Just sold one set, because I don't need it anymore....

I LOVE being able to roll the bike around the shop with ease.

Old April 13th, 2018, 01:23 PM   #23
maverick9611

MOTM - Feb '18
these stands rock. it pays for itself in the job/preventative maintenance.

Old May 5th, 2018, 09:56 AM   #24
maverick9611

MOTM - Feb '18
godzilla ready. blair’s stand once again made maintenance/cleaning easy as pie.

Old May 5th, 2018, 11:09 AM   #25
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Any videos of this stand in action?
Wondering if i can use in pits.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2018, 01:33 PM   #26
adouglas
Cat herder

Absolutely you can. Better if you have smooth pavement IMHO because of the wheel size (smaller than your typical paddock stands), but I wouldn't hesitate to go with it.

Old May 5th, 2018, 01:37 PM   #27
maverick9611

MOTM - Feb '18

Old May 5th, 2018, 01:39 PM   #28
maverick9611

MOTM - Feb '18
i’ll make a vid if ya need one “r” rated

Old May 5th, 2018, 08:33 PM   #29
SV Racing Parts
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Absolutely you can. Better if you have smooth pavement IMHO because of the wheel size (smaller than your typical paddock stands), but I wouldn't hesitate to go with it.
We use it in the pits on asphalt continuously.

These are All Excellent Parts that will serve you well,

Blair

Old September 24th, 2018, 07:22 AM   #30
ninjagaiden09
ninjette.org member

Name: Mel

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r

Ok so I bought the side stand from SV Racing after seeing the review. I received the stand, it was well packaged, and everything fit perfectly. Another great company with outstanding service. Thank you Blair for all the assistance you provided. Now for the side stand, the quality is great, This is definitely a plus specially if you have a small space to work with. Now I can moved the bike easily and it helps a lot specially if you do your own maintenance on the bike.

Nice doing business with you Blair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stand.jpg (110.8 KB, 7 views)
ninjagaiden09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2018, 10:58 AM   #31
maverick9611

MOTM - Feb '18
outstanding!

Old October 3rd, 2018, 03:28 PM   #32
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
@SV Racing Parts Blair, will the 250/300 pin kit work with the new 400 (I would guess not), or are you working on a kit for it, by any chance?

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2018, 03:52 PM   #33
SV Racing Parts
ninjette.org member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiBill View Post
@SV Racing Parts Blair, will the 250/300 pin kit work with the new 400
Hi Bill, and All Ninjette Members; The 2008 and Up 250R and 300R Pin Kit and Stand is an Awesome Tool. Limited Numbers so Order Yours now. As to the 400 Ninja. I am on that and Hope to have the Pin Kits out just after the new year. T

The SV Racing Parts Black Custom Side Lift Stands will work with the 250R 2008 - current for those in markets that still have 250R and 250Z models currently and the 300R 2013 - 2016 and beyond wherever they are offered.

The same stand will work with the Ninja 400 Pin Kit when I release the Ninja 400 Pin Kit so you cannot go wrong owning the Awesome SV Racing Parts, Black Custom Side Lift Stands.

Enjoy the ride, and best regards to All,

Blair
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kawasaki Ninja 650.jpg (70.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Kawasaki Ninja 650 Pin Kit Installed.jpg (82.1 KB, 9 views)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 3rd, 2018, 09:29 PM   #34
adouglas
Cat herder

Hey, Blair.

Loving my stand but traded my GSX-R for a 2012 Triumph Street Triple. Do you have a pin kit for that bike?

Old October 3rd, 2018, 09:33 PM   #35
SV Racing Parts
ninjette.org member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hey, Blair; Loving my stand but traded my GSXR for a 2012 Triumph Street Triple. Do you have a pin kit for that bike?
Yes I do, Email me at b.layton@svracingparts.com and I can get you looked after today.

Blair
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Triumph Daytona 675 on Stand.jpg (130.1 KB, 8 views)