ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old October 28th, 2015, 10:00 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[faster and faster] - JvB-moto's Yamaha XSR700 Super 7 looks terrific

The XSR700 'Super 7' looks very cool and should be great fun to ride...

Yes, it's Yamaha’s Yard Built program again, with yet another custom-built machine joining the Sport Heritage range. Germany’s JvB-moto have taken a stock Yamaha XSR700 and created the ‘Super 7,’ which we think looks pretty cool. Yamaha Motor Europe's Product Manager, Shun Miyazawa says "A key factor in the design process was to create a neutral motorcycle that didn't belong too strongly to any category such as scrambler or flat tracker or café racer; it’s an open book for potential customization."

Jens vom Brauck of JvB-moto adds, "Our first project, the VMAX, was a huge success, we went through the wall with that! It was a very flashy big bang. This build is obviously very different. I wanted to create the essence of this kind of bike; it’s an all rounder. I wanted to strip it back and get to the feel of the XSR700, the feel of the superb chassis. Then I wanted to transform the look so it looks the way it feels, really agile, lightweight and powerful. That's what inspired me to make it look like this. One of the things I like about this bike a lot is that you can take off the rear sub-frame so you can have a shorter tail and a different look with the seat. Just a couple of screws and you can change it, that makes the life of customizers much easier. The most important thing about this build is that we are going to manufacture all the parts so customers can change their bike into the Super 7. Everything from the headlight, the front mudguard, side covers, rear seat, everything you need to build a Super 7 from JvB-moto."

Many of the parts on the ‘Super 7’ were made in-house by JvB-moto and will be available shortly for XSR700 owners. These include the headlight, LED indicators and speedometer mounting which holds the Daytona speedo. The side covers and seat unit that give the bike its distinctive shape were all made by JvB-moto as well as the mounting for the Arrows exhaust. At the rear of the bike, the mudguard, taillight and number plate mounting are all made in-house as well as the front mudguard.
Read more »

Click here for full story...