ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old November 19th, 2008, 11:56 AM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Crashed Ninjette on Craiglist for sale - funny ad

I think this guy hits the trifecta. Or quadfecta. New ninjette, 2 months old. Wheelies with a passenger, breaks the bike badly. Hurts the passenger. No insurance. And financed the entire thing, and somehow owes $5500 on a $3500 bike, and expects people to pay $5500 for a bike with thousands of dollars of work necessary to get it back to new condition. Hope the passenger is alright, but it's hard to have too much empathy for the rider.

Link on craigslist

Quote:
I recently crashed doing a wheelie with a passenger and need to get rid of this bike ASAP. It has 3k miles and has a two brothers slip-on exhaust. The whole right side of the bike is in perfect condition but here are the negatives.

-left turn signal is broken
-left fairing is scratched
-left handle bar is bent and i tried to hammer it straight but didnt do any good
-rear tail light is cracked but bulb still works
-license plate light is totally broken
-left side passenger and rider footrests have come off

Other than that the bike still runs great. No engine problems or any internal damage. Everything that is damaged can be replaced and parts can be ordered. Please help me out here I need to get rid of this bike Ive only had it for 2 months and im just looking to pay off the balance which is around $5500. OBO if reasonable. Please help me out i dont have insurance and I need the money to help out my girlfriend who got hurt in the crash. Thank you. Please call (650) xxx xxxx or email
PDF loaded here for when it gets flagged or removed. If we ever have a chance to give advice to new riders, we could start with "don't be that guy" and it would cover quite a few bases.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Crashed ninjette on craigslist..pdf (212.8 KB, 70 views)

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2008, 01:52 PM   #2
kkim

yeah, but he at least had yellow rim tape on it (on a black bike???), so he was at least cool looking as he destroyed his bike.

poor gf.

I heard kawi was going to start administering IQ tests to prospective 250 new bike owners? There go half their potential sales.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2008, 07:56 PM   #3
TheDuck
Da Duckman

Name: Duckman

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, '06 Chopper, '80 Puch Magnum II, '01 SV650, '99 CR250/CR500AF Sportbike. '02 CRF450/CR500AF Dirt

TheDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2008, 12:28 AM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuck View Post

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old November 20th, 2008, 10:02 AM   #5
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Some folks have emailed the seller, and he has expanded on why he's asking for $5500 via email replies:

Quote:
First of all thanks so much for the hate mail. Thank you so much I really appreciate it. Let me just fully explain why I am asking for 5500. The original owner missed all his payments therefore adding all these late fees and the bike was lowered and the exhaust was added onto the balance. So if the balance is fully paid off, then it would be able to be transferred to another owner once the pink slip is hand. I am not stupid I know damn well what the retail is for the bike.
and

Quote:
Not my fault that the original owner missed all his payments and added all those late fees. And it's only cosmetic damage the bike still runs strong with 3k miles. I'm not dumb I know what the retail is for 250s. I just need 5500 so that the bike is fully paid off so that the pink slip will be available to transfer to another owner. That's why I'm asking for that much. If the pink slip was in hand I would definitely ask around 2500 for it. So there ya go
The post has been pulled from craigslist, but I'm sure it will be up again soon. Unless of course he found a buyer.

Old November 24th, 2008, 11:24 AM   #6
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Dont you have to show proof of insurance to the finance company? Otherwise they hook ya up with theres @ $$$$$

Good story anyway, one of those that makes ya smile
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 24th, 2008, 01:51 PM   #7
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKr1 View Post
Dont you have to show proof of insurance to the finance company? Otherwise they hook ya up with theres @ $$$$$
In many cases, insurance isn't required. On those credit-card like motorcycle loans, it's not really a vehicle loan. It's a line of credit that you used to buy a motorcycle. The company could care less what you do with the bike once you put the $ onto that line of credit. But no matter what you do with the bike, you'll be paying that line of credit until it's gone, even if the bike is already gone years before. Of course anyone that owes $$$$ on a bike and doesn't budget for insurance clearly didn't think things through...

Old November 24th, 2008, 04:50 PM   #8
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
In many cases, insurance isn't required. On those credit-card like motorcycle loans, it's not really a vehicle loan. It's a line of credit that you used to buy a motorcycle. The company could care less what you do with the bike once you put the $ onto that line of credit.
Ah I see, buy a bike on a CC. Now I get to laugh a second time..... Sounds crazy to me, but I hear allot of people talking about them cards. Didnt know they worked like that. Maybe I can get a new CBR1000rr on one of them CC's, Knowing I cant afford insurance! this opens some new doors

Old November 24th, 2008, 05:36 PM   #9
TheDuck
Da Duckman

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, '06 Chopper, '80 Puch Magnum II, '01 SV650, '99 CR250/CR500AF Sportbike. '02 CRF450/CR500AF Dirt

Quote:
Ah I see, buy a bike on a CC. Now I get to laugh a second time..... Sounds crazy to me, but I hear allot of people talking about them cards. Didnt know they worked like that. Maybe I can get a new CBR1000rr on one of them CC's, Knowing I cant afford insurance! this opens some new doors
Put the insurance on another credit card, of course!

Old November 24th, 2008, 06:49 PM   #10
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Quote:
Put the insurance on another credit card, of course!
Quack! Whats up fellow Pensacola rider? Isnt really funny that florida doesnt require insurance on a motorcycle....... What the hell is wrong with this state?

Old November 24th, 2008, 07:01 PM   #11
TheDuck
Da Duckman

Quote:
Quack! Whats up fellow Pensacola rider? Isnt really funny that florida doesnt require insurance on a motorcycle....... What the hell is wrong with this state?
YAY! Another pensacola rider! Ever get on the local forums here? Every ride with the local guys? I need another 250 rider with a hairy set of huevos at least as big as mine. Wanna go ride? :-D

Old November 24th, 2008, 07:14 PM   #12
kkim

Quote:
I need another 250 rider with a hairy set of huevos at least as big as mine.
Puleeeze don't tell us how you're going to find that out!
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 24th, 2008, 07:58 PM   #13
TheDuck
Da Duckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
Puleeeze don't tell us how you're going to find that out!
In the twisties of course!

I used to have a t-shirt that said "You've gotta have knobbies to ride motorcross" and the shirt somehow incorporated very knobby round letters into it like a set of balls, lol.

Old December 14th, 2008, 06:21 PM   #14
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r - Traded for 2009 ER-6N

Heh, it's been removed....
Reddoak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2008, 07:27 AM   #15
workdaddy
WORKDADDY

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 2fitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddoak View Post
Heh, it's been removed....

Good thing he added that PDF File... My Favorite part (he should have added) I have repaired the broken foot pegs on the left side that broke... Good as new! (He used Zip Ties to hold them on) Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner!
workdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 20th, 2008, 11:53 AM   #16
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Name: Cochese

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

I put mine on a credit card....

My credit union Platinum...

To earn the points...

Then I paid it off in a week.
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote