ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old August 19th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #1
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

Has anyone sold a PC before?

In 2008, I spent about $750 to build a PC particularly for gaming, but today I don't really play video games anymore, and I'm starting to question myself as to why I have this PC. Especially since several months ago, I bought a $399.99 ASUS 1018p netbook for college. I know, it's way overpriced, and today it's easy to say I'd much rather have a Nexus 7 or a cheaper laptop.

I haven't used my 1018p very much, and unfortunately it's a little slow (1gb RAM, 2gb max). However, I realize it can accomplish everything I have done on my PC within the last six months. So should I sell my PC? Is it worth the hassle? Altogether, I've probably spent close to $900 on it after upgrading a PSU and adding sound and network cards.

I figure even if I can sell it for X amount of money, I might as well do it now because technology depreciates so rapidly. I was told that I could sell it for $250 if I was lucky, which is basically a jacket or helmet depending on how you look at it.

Here are the specs for what it's worth:

Tuniq Symmetry I Gaming Tower
600W Kingwin PSU
Quad Core AMD phenom X4 9550
ASUS M2N-SLI motherboard
2GB DDR2-800 Corsair memory
Nvidia 8800GT 1GB
320GB hard drive
CD/DVD RW
Creative soundcard
Linksys network card

Think it's even worth trying to sell it on Ebay or something?
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #2
7oxSin
MSF Coach!

Name: Lupe

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ninja 250

i used to sell gaming computers all the time, i owned two computer shops here in Nashville. the price tag of 250 is about right, but if i where you i would spend 40$ and upgrade the ram before you sell it. then the price would be around 300 but the reason you need to do this is because alot of ppl buying gaming computers are fairly retarded and think that ram = power (what best buy told them) last year i sold a comp i built with the same cpu as that one, a 750tx corsair psu a 9800 gtx + black edition gpu for $1600 i built it for around $1000 2-3 years ago. but that comp had a better psu better gpu better mobo and better ram, its not about the age just the expandability and quality. good luck, you might be able to trade it to some one for some gear or something, but with a 8800 in it the sooner you sell it the better for your wallet.

Old August 19th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #3
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (SOLD - 2/16/2013)

Yea man, no offence but your gaming PC doesn't have most of the specs that most "gamers" think of as "REQUIRED". That GFX card is sorta kinda outdated (if you are playing new release games, and want to do so at above avg. quality), the RAM is slow and not enough, unless you meant DUAL channel 800 MHz, which is 1600Mhz RAM, even then, it's still DDR2 (is there even 1600 DDR2 ram?). But, am I right in assuming that that 320GB is an SSD? If so, that is a nice little hook to highlight in the craigslist/ebay/pennysaver, along with the sound and network card.

I would try craigslist first, putting it on ebay would lower your profit even more because of shipping and ebay/paypal fees. Put it up for about 15-20% more than you can realistically get and use that overhead to pretend you were haggled down.