ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old April 20th, 2013, 10:04 AM   #1
RieaFreedom
ninjette.org member

Name: Sharriea

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Any San Diego area riders?

Just moved to the area and had my girl shipped. Ninja 250r. Need to get an oil change and lube her up then I'm ready to get out there. From the New England area so the traffic out here is a lot different. Little nervous.
RieaFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2013, 11:59 AM   #2
AlfredoGonzalez
Freyho

Name: Alfredo

Motorcycle(s): CBR600 f4i, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RieaFreedom View Post
Just moved to the area and had my girl shipped. Ninja 250r. Need to get an oil change and lube her up then I'm ready to get out there. From the New England area so the traffic out here is a lot different. Little nervous.
At least you don't have to deal with LA traffic. Xp
AlfredoGonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2013, 03:08 PM   #3
RieaFreedom
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredoGonzalez View Post
True!! I had a rental car in LA a few days ago and that was bad enough, lol.
RieaFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2013, 08:15 PM   #4
AlfredoGonzalez
Freyho

Quote:
True!! I had a rental car in LA a few days ago and that was bad enough, lol.
lol.

I took a trip to San Francisco a couple months back in my car. I hated the roads up there, but at least the drivers were decent. On my way back I noticed instantly when I was back in LA. ****** drivers everywhere was my alert that I was home.

On the freeways on my bike I've almost been run over a good number of times already. Sucks. Xp

Old April 21st, 2013, 10:36 PM   #5
RieaFreedom
ninjette.org member

Quote:
lol.

I took a trip to San Francisco a couple months back in my car. I hated the roads up there, but at least the drivers were decent. On my way back I noticed instantly when I was back in LA. ****** drivers everywhere was my alert that I was home.

On the freeways on my bike I've almost been run over a good number of times already. Sucks. Xp
Yeah I've heard some horror stories. And I've already seen more than a couple close calls on the highway and in the city. It blows my mind how anyone can think it's ok to make a right hand turn from the left lane especially when there's a car IN the right lane next to you. Seriously.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:48 AM   #6
AlfredoGonzalez
Freyho

Quote:
Yeah I've heard some horror stories. And I've already seen more than a couple close calls on the highway and in the city. It blows my mind how anyone can think it's ok to make a right hand turn from the left lane especially when there's a car IN the right lane next to you. Seriously.
I agree, it makes me lose faith in humanity a little when one person will cut in front of a bunch of others to make a very obvious illegal turn, risking injury and such simply because they didn't want to turn at the next light.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:56 AM   #7
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
having lots of experience with both, LA traffic is easier to deal with. especially on a bike.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:05 AM   #8
menikmati
crash 250, get supersport

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE (Sold 6/9/14), 2009 ZX-6R (Sold 6/25/14), Subaru BRZ

*raises hand*

Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:48 AM   #9
RieaFreedom
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
*raises hand*
Love to meet up and ride sometime! I had planned on venturing out today, but I hurt my shoulder yesterday. Grr. Hoping it's back to normal in a couple days.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 06:20 PM   #10
ahamay
ninjette.org member

Name: Non-ya

Motorcycle(s): Tree Hundred

What kind of riding are you looking to do?
Street, hit up meetup San Diego. There are more than a few groups that organize rides from beginner to advanced. Can't speak for the quality of folks who meet and ride there as I've never joined. Some of the more traveled roads are Paly Mountain, 94, 78 through Julian, sunrise highway which takes you through Cleveland national park and is a nice chill ride, and highland valley road.
Track, look into Ti2TT.com, TrackXperience, FastTrackRiders, TrackDaz, or MotoYard. Each org runs at many different tracks in the socal area. TrackXperience has a great new trackday rider program that they offer for free.
Hope this helps you out some.
ahamay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #11
RieaFreedom
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamay View Post
What kind of riding are you looking to do?
Street, hit up meetup San Diego. There are more than a few groups that organize rides from beginner to advanced. Can't speak for the quality of folks who meet and ride there as I've never joined. Some of the more traveled roads are Paly Mountain, 94, 78 through Julian, sunrise highway which takes you through Cleveland national park and is a nice chill ride, and highland valley road.
Track, look into Ti2TT.com, TrackXperience, FastTrackRiders, TrackDaz, or MotoYard. Each org runs at many different tracks in the socal area. TrackXperience has a great new trackday rider program that they offer for free.
Hope this helps you out some.
Just street riding for now. I've never heard of Paly Mountain, but Julian has been highly suggested so I'm hoping to do that one soon. I'll definitely look into some groups in the area. I just recently met another female rider who is going to show me around so I'm excited about that. Thanks for all your suggestions, really appreciate it!!

Old April 30th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #12
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamay View Post
highland valley road.
this.

not for noobs. take sighting pass to check for dirt debris first. then enjoy the best road in san diego. mesa grande is great too.

Old April 30th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #13
ahamay
ninjette.org member

Name: Non-ya

Motorcycle(s): Tree Hundred

Paly mountain = Palomar. I'm sure once you start going on rides you'll here allot about it.

Also should have mentioned Highland Valley Road is not a good beginner road and Palomar has some pretty tight twists as well.

If you have gear you should really look into some trackdays. Willow Springs is pretty amazing and ChuckWalla is a blast. Lots of support out here and many friendly peeps to help you get started.
ahamay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #14
rainbowdash
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Aubrey

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Hi! I'm in the area, and still a newbie rider. I'm in Temecula, but commute to San Diego every day (lately every day on the bike.. except tomorrow looks rainy, so I'll probably be taking my mini to work tomorrow). I have been wondering about how to find some more beginner-friendly meetup groups, or at least some beginner-friendly twisty roads to practice on. I'm a little nervous to try out some of the mountain roads around here just yet.
rainbowdash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #15
Robinhood
ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2007 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowdash View Post
Hi! I'm in the area, and still a newbie rider. I'm in Temecula, but commute to San Diego every day (lately every day on the bike.. except tomorrow looks rainy, so I'll probably be taking my mini to work tomorrow). I have been wondering about how to find some more beginner-friendly meetup groups, or at least some beginner-friendly twisty roads to practice on. I'm a little nervous to try out some of the mountain roads around here just yet.
Oh, hi!
Robinhood is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2013, 07:50 PM   #16
radi4fun
ninjette.org member

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red Ninja 250R

any of you guys found any groups to ride along with? just curious as i'm in Mira Mesa and don't know anyone close here that rides motorcycles.
radi4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:04 PM   #17
menikmati
crash 250, get supersport

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE (Sold 6/9/14), 2009 ZX-6R (Sold 6/25/14), Subaru BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi4fun View Post
any of you guys found any groups to ride along with? just curious as i'm in Mira Mesa and don't know anyone close here that rides motorcycles.
Don't they still have those bike nights at the mall on Westview Parkway?

Old May 28th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #18
eyeheartny
ninjette.org member

Name: N

Motorcycle(s): None yet!

I'm going to be riding daily in San Diego starting in mid-July, hopefully. Would love to meet up if you're game for helping out a newbie rider.