ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old May 21st, 2012, 06:38 PM   #81
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
oh yeah I need a HDD too.

slick deals eh? alrighty ill check em out

also the problem is that idk whats good and whats not. There is a video card on Newegg for cheap but idk if its good enough
Y U NO LISTEN TO ME!?

Are you planning on playing more graphic intensive games? If not, skip the gpu and go with a beefy 3.4 ghz 3rd gen i5. The HD 4000 graphics will run it perfect

Then, if you ever want to play more graphic intesive games that the processor can't handle, then you buy a gpu (at a cheaper price than you will get it now for) and just plug it in
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2012, 06:41 PM   #82
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
My 900 v3 doesn't bother me . Two blue LED on front, one on side, one in rear, one big ass one up top.
You'll get over it some day. I promise.

Old May 21st, 2012, 06:42 PM   #83
xSean13

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Mid tower airflow isn't that great; mid towers are fine for manufactured pcs for people who only use it for day-to-day stuff. As far as gaming & running a higher-end machine (compared to a dell) then you'd want a full tower. And they aren't THAT big, but allow much more room for air to flow, plus it's not much more expensive than that mid-tower.
I bought my case for about $130 from newegg.

xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2012, 06:47 PM   #84
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Name: William

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja ZX-6R B/W

You did read that i have a 5970 in mine right? o.0

Never gets hot.
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2012, 06:53 PM   #85
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

There's nothing wrong with full towers either, but they're bigger than necessary for most users and really just have more space for stagnant "dead" air, and aren't necessarily better for cooling. Good cable management, component layout and quality fans make for good airflow and cooling.

Old May 21st, 2012, 06:55 PM   #86
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Old May 21st, 2012, 07:10 PM   #87
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

I saw that case and was wondering It had mixed reviews... Ill need a HDD too. idk though SSD seems to much to bother with.. I have to much **** to put on for a 125gig SSD...
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2012, 07:14 PM   #88
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

The thing about SSD is you only put your OS as well as the games you play most frequently on it. Everything else you put on a regular 7200rpm drive.

Old May 21st, 2012, 08:25 PM   #89
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

Quote:
The thing about SSD is you only put your OS as well as the games you play most frequently on it. Everything else you put on a regular 7200rpm drive.
I only have my OS and GPU driver on my SSD. And the only reason the driver is on there is because for some reason the HDD would spin down and the driver was crashing and then eventually had a critical error. So I did a fresh install and put it on the SSD and it was fine.

I haven't had a single issue with any games running from the HDD.

Old May 21st, 2012, 08:30 PM   #90
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

And speaking of Diablo 3, I am already bored of this game. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. SC2 was just SC with some improved graphics and the ability to NOT play the game offline if you haven't logged in for more than a month. D3 is D2 and the ability to NEVER be able to play offline.

Think I'm done with Blizzard. I told myself I was done with them after SC2 but I let the hype machine of D3 get me.

You guys have fun playing. I don't even think I have it in me to finish the game one time through.

Old May 21st, 2012, 08:36 PM   #91
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
You're upset with the game because you can't play it offline?

I mean you should have expected it to be like diablo 2, I mean afterall, its diablo 3
AFM #676

Old May 21st, 2012, 09:40 PM   #92
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

I expected it to be a sequel, not a damn remake. Which if you remove the story is basically what it is; just like SC2 was. Blizzard used to be a good game company and now they are garbage.

If you like it, great, enjoy the hell out of it (pun intended). I'll probably play it a bit because I did blow $60 on it, but honestly, I expect I'll have more fun with the new Pokemon game releasing this summer.

Old May 21st, 2012, 10:05 PM   #93
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
It is a sequel....
AFM #676

Old May 22nd, 2012, 02:00 AM   #94
Domagoj
ninjette.org guru

Name: Domagoj

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
I expected it to be a sequel, not a damn remake. Which if you remove the story is basically what it is; just like SC2 was. Blizzard used to be a good game company and now they are garbage.

If you like it, great, enjoy the hell out of it (pun intended). I'll probably play it a bit because I did blow $60 on it, but honestly, I expect I'll have more fun with the new Pokemon game releasing this summer.
I agree, but you must admit that sequels do that. Blizzard was in an even more difficult situation because SC1 and D2 were highly sucessfull and loved games. Changing the recipe would have been a disaster, and keeping it the same would have been a dissapointment. They had no choice but to make a better looking remakes, with a few new options, which they did. At least with SC2.

D3 however suffers from oversimplification, too much item dependance, repetitiveness and retarded cartoonish artwork, combined with annoying, confusing, and worst of all, restrictive interface.
Contrary to SC2 situation, this one offered loads of possibilities to make it different yet similar; instead they spent way too much effort on social aspect of the game. That probably goes with modern kids and facebook.
Domagoj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2012, 06:47 AM   #95
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

It's a remake. Call it a sequel if it makes you feel better because they changed the classes.

It's fun for about fifteen minutes at a time and then as Domagoj mentioned, it becomes extremely repetitive. Even as I access higher level skills and am able to start mixing them up a bit to change the flavor, it doesn't do much to increase the fun level for me.

Honestly I had the most fun playing PvP in WoW when Blizzard still attempted to balance classes. It wasn't perfect, but it was fun. Nothing was more satisfying than getting jumped by two players-same level in world PvP and proceeding to own them because you knew your class better than they knew theirs.

I hope this Titan thing they are working on doesn't suck. I'll give another MMO a chance.

Old May 22nd, 2012, 07:09 AM   #96
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
Yeah I was planning on doing that if I got an SSD. I have a lot of **** that doesnt need to be lighting fast...
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:04 AM   #97
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Quote:
I only have my OS and GPU driver on my SSD. And the only reason the driver is on there is because for some reason the HDD would spin down and the driver was crashing and then eventually had a critical error. So I did a fresh install and put it on the SSD and it was fine.

I haven't had a single issue with any games running from the HDD.
You should try putting a few of your games on the SSD if you have the room just for shits and giggles. You'll get considerably quicker loading times. Not sure if it will be a huge difference depending on your hardware but it's worth looking at.

Old May 22nd, 2012, 09:46 AM   #98
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

I think I threw Skyrim on there but I don't remember and I'm honestly too lazy to go check right now lol. Or maybe it was Arkham City. Either way I only have a 64GB SSD because I basically got it for $50. It was one of the Samsung's doing the AC promo. I was planning to check out AC and the game was $50 so pay $100 for the SSD and the game and it's $50 each.

Oh and Jiggles, I'm sure I'll get bored of not playing a game in a week and fall in love with D3 all over again. Then I'll hate it again. That's how I roll. Did it with SC2, did it with WoW, hell I have done that with most games I have played.

Old May 22nd, 2012, 05:00 PM   #99
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

My frame rate tanked to 30 when I hit the sewers. Not for all of it, just when I had plenty of mobs and I was spamming attacks. Pretty irritating since I can run Arkham City at max settings (DX10) with physics to low and get 30+ at stock clock settings. Hell, I can turn physics on and still average 22 fps in the test.

Any clue to what the issue may be? D3 isn't so intense that I should have had to jump into my o/c settings to smooth the frame rate.

2500K and GTX460 O/C (eVGA) at the stock settings until I decide to change them. The HDD is spun up so I wouldn't think that was it. Latency maybe?

Old May 22nd, 2012, 05:12 PM   #100
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

If your latency was dropping during the time that could be part of the issue, do you have the latest drivers from nvidia? Also what are you averaging fps during the rest of your gameplay?

HDD has nothing to do with D3 really, pretty much everything is streamed from the servers which is one reason i kind of dislike it. Are the packs you are talking about larger than ones you usually fight?

Old May 22nd, 2012, 06:03 PM   #101
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Nah packs were of a standard size - about three groups. I am in the sewers though and there is a lot of shadow work going on there but I wouldn't think my decent rig would have a problem with that.

I thought the game was DL'ed to the HDD. I didn't know it was all done from Blizzard servers.

My fps w/o vsync is 80+. I have to keep vsync on because my current monitor tears if I don't so frame rate is locked at 60, and dips to around 55 with a ton of mobs and me spamming everything I have at them.

I dl'ed the 195 driver about a month or so ago. Guess I'll check if there is a new one. I didn't think there was.

The only other thing I think it could be is I'm on wireless now, but even with that said, my latency is typically less than 200 ms.

Old May 22nd, 2012, 06:18 PM   #102
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
It is downloaded to your HDD lol. Download MSI Afterburner and install it and open it up. it will show you what your GPU load is. If your load is 100% when you are getting low fps then you are limited by your gpu, nothing u can do but lower the settings or possible overclock. Also open task manager and switch to performance tab. Thats an i5 right? 4 cores? My rig is way OP but diablo seems to take advantage of 3 real cores and 1 virtual, for the sake of argument lets say it can use 3 cores. If your cpu is maxed out on 3 cores when you get low fps then you are cpu limited.

If neither is maxing out when you fps goes down then maybe you have some sort of power saver turned on or you could be ram limited. Something is bottlenecking your system, you just got to figure out what.

My comp runs D3 at 200+fps which is absolutly ridiculous haha. So I turned on Vsync and I'm down to a constant 60. Nice benefit of this is that my rig runs super quiet because its hardly using any juice. I am getting this weird thing tho when I run sometimes the fps will jump around between 50-70 with vsync on and it causes tearing and weirdness. Switching to fullscreen windowed mode solved this, not sure what the deal is though
AFM #676

Old May 22nd, 2012, 06:29 PM   #103
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Jiggles, yes the game is on the HDD. But all of the gameplay is on the servers. I think one of the biggest issues is that this game was launched before it was ready despite Blizzard's optimism. There are still lots of kinks they need to fix before everything is working as it should. Also, their shadows have been known to be the most intensive graphical option on their games. With an i5 you shouldn't be having a problem with that though. Which is why i think it might be driver or server related even though a 460 isn't the best card out there it is more than capable of D3.

Old May 22nd, 2012, 07:10 PM   #104
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
The amount of information that goes in and out of your computer to the server is minimal, just open task manager and check it out while you play. Everything takes place on your computer, the server doesn't do any processing for you, it just hosts the game and syncs all the players together. High latency and lag won't cause your fps to drop, this is an issue with his computer. Either the cpu/gpu/ram/hdd is bottlenecking the system or something is preventing one of those components from running 100%
AFM #676

Old May 22nd, 2012, 11:38 PM   #105
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

I turned off the vsync and I haven't had an issue. I have yet to drop below 65 fps with all the shinies the game offers.

I can at least say I found a reason to continue playing and I figured out what my single biggest issue with the game was: the difficulty, or rather lack thereof. I know you have to level and gear up before being thrown into the chaos, but normal is a faceroll joke. I had to send the minion helping me away and pull multiple mobs to actually get any sort of challenge. Diablo 2 was much more demanding from the get go and it never let up. SO much better than standing still, holding shift and the left mouse button mindlessly.

It's also pretty fun to jump into a friend's game being half his level and then wander off on your own. Good stuff. I thought Blizz learned their lesson about difficulty after Lich King, but I guess they want the game more accessible for the masses.

Old May 23rd, 2012, 05:46 AM   #106
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Normal mode was MEANT to be easy mode so people can understand the game and get easy loot, nightmare is still doable by casuals but is more of what i would call a "normal" diablo difficulty. Once you get to Hell things start to take a lot more coordination and you will change your mind about this whole too easy business.

Old May 23rd, 2012, 06:07 AM   #107
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Never said I thought Hell and Inferno would be too easy. I have friends who have already started them and said it is a challenge. That is what I am looking for.

I was simply pointing out what I realized was keeping me from enjoying the game. I would much prefer to have been given the option to start on at least Nightmare. I don't give a s*** if it's so hard I die every five minutes for the first ten hours as I level and gear. But it has bugged the living hell (no pun intended) out of me that all I have really had to do is hold down the left-mouse button for the most part.

A large part of my enjoyment from a game comes from the challenge. If it isn't there, then I'm not having fun. D3 has a lot to like, and I can even overlook some of its flaws. The difficulty is one I can't. SC2 was a reasonable challenge on its default setting and because of the extra depth of units that game offers, it was reasonable to play it through on Normal once to familiarize with the mechanics. D3 has depth once you start making real level progress, but not so much that you would need to start in baby mode.

I'd rather have my ass handed to me than to faceroll everything. Heck, I still haven't actually completed SC2 on Normal. I had some trouble with that last mission and decided to just see the ending after a few failed attempts on my part. I've beaten several levels on Brutal and completed most Challenges, yet that last level eluded me at the time. I haven't tried to play it recently but I imagine it would kick my butt for a bit as I got back into the SC2 groove. It makes it worth going back for.

I'm going to push forward onto Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno and I am sure based on SC2 Brutal that I will not be let down. It just sucks that the base difficulty is devoid of any challenge unless you pull multi-mons and send your escort back to camp.

Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:25 AM   #108
heylookitsfranco
ninjette.org member

Name: Franco

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2006 Ninja 636

play it on Hardcore!

Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:03 AM   #109
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
I turned off the vsync and I haven't had an issue. I have yet to drop below 65 fps with all the shinies the game offers.

I can at least say I found a reason to continue playing and I figured out what my single biggest issue with the game was: the difficulty, or rather lack thereof. I know you have to level and gear up before being thrown into the chaos, but normal is a faceroll joke. I had to send the minion helping me away and pull multiple mobs to actually get any sort of challenge. Diablo 2 was much more demanding from the get go and it never let up. SO much better than standing still, holding shift and the left mouse button mindlessly.

It's also pretty fun to jump into a friend's game being half his level and then wander off on your own. Good stuff. I thought Blizz learned their lesson about difficulty after Lich King, but I guess they want the game more accessible for the masses.
Join a game with 4 people and it gets significantly harder, you likely won't be able to solo. On nightmare, you're going to die quite a few times. On hell, you will die every minute
AFM #676

Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:04 AM   #110
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Also I got to the cow level or as its now called Whimsyshire It's super happy with flowers and ponies and then you just slaughter everything and turn it into a bloody gory mess
AFM #676

Old May 23rd, 2012, 01:00 PM   #111
diablos991
ninjette.org member

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (blue)

The best part of that level is chopping the ponies in half!!!

I have also seen a legendary weapon that was a hamburger sword. lol
diablos991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 23rd, 2012, 01:20 PM   #112
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

A hot dog clearly makes more sense as a sword.

Old May 25th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #113
xSean13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Join a game with 4 people and it gets significantly harder, you likely won't be able to solo. On nightmare, you're going to die quite a few times. On hell, you will die every minute
Weird, it's about the opposite for me (assuming you're saying it's harder with a group). My demon hunter is level 52 and I find it easier playing with a group than soloing. Although soloing is pretty easy too so far, in hell.

Btw, if anyone wants to play, add me: Disturbed #1433

Old May 26th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #114
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
You must have a good group then, I found hell unplayable as a Wizard due to ****** tanks who just die or run away. So I made a barb specifically for tanking. Just beat hell last night, oddly enough, diablo was the easiest part. My barb is lvl 60, has 60k health, 5k armor and does a whopping 2.7k damage, lol
AFM #676

Old May 26th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #115
xSean13

I haven't actually tried a group in hell yet, in NM it was easy. My DH has 20k health and does 10k damage, plus 200% crit chance & +200% critical hit dmg, or whatever those 2 stats are. I do need to start upgrading my gear though. The only problem I come across is the purple/blue mobs, they rape me hard, I probably die 4-5x battling them.

Speaking of barbs, I was in a pub in act 4 NM and saw some barb with 4k health (maybe 7k, I don't remember exactly)...i was like wtf!? Lol, he died every 5 seconds.

Old May 26th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #116
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
It's nice, the only thing that kills me is getting frozen or nightmarish guys because then I can't use my lifesteal skills. I can tank fire chains, molten and all that no problem.

What level is your DH? I'll run through hell a bit with ya if you want
AFM #676

Old May 26th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #117
xSean13

It's 53, 54 soon...can't wait until 55, my bro-in-law found a bow for me that is beast. I'm at work right now, so I can't play

Yeah, getting frozen sucks, as a DH though I can use a couple of skills which breaks it though...i'm not sure if the barb or wizard has similar abilities.

Old May 27th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #118
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
I have a passive that has a chance to heal me anytime I get frozen, but I just don't have room for it -_-
AFM #676

Old May 28th, 2012, 01:01 AM   #119
Domagoj
ninjette.org guru

Name: Domagoj

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
It's nice, the only thing that kills me is getting frozen or nightmarish guys because then I can't use my lifesteal skills. I can tank fire chains, molten and all that no problem.

What level is your DH? I'll run through hell a bit with ya if you want
Are you using life on hit? I assume you do, with 2.7k damage. I suppose the values can go as much as 2k life per hit, which makes for some good leeching.

I am currently experimenting with that sort of setup on hell, soloing as I get insane lag spikes in groups (I get them solo as well, but much less).
Frozen or jailor combined with vampiric is the biggest problem so far. Especially frozen. Are there any cannot be frozen mods on items later on?

What I really would like to know is how much gold is there on late hell (approx. income/hour without any extra gold stuff), and how much harder inferno is compared to hell?

Edit: Trying to max attack speed. Is there a cap, does anyone know?
Domagoj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 28th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #120
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domagoj View Post
Are you using life on hit? I assume you do, with 2.7k damage. I suppose the values can go as much as 2k life per hit, which makes for some good leeching.

I am currently experimenting with that sort of setup on hell, soloing as I get insane lag spikes in groups (I get them solo as well, but much less).
Frozen or jailor combined with vampiric is the biggest problem so far. Especially frozen. Are there any cannot be frozen mods on items later on?

What I really would like to know is how much gold is there on late hell (approx. income/hour without any extra gold stuff), and how much harder inferno is compared to hell?

Edit: Trying to max attack speed. Is there a cap, does anyone know?
I found in later levels that life on hit items
Aren't good enough, and btw 2.7k damage is extremely low. There is also life steal as a percent of ur damage output but that's extremely low, a max of 5% if ur a barb and stack skills with a weapon.

I've taken up a new strategy, maxing critical hits and crit chance. Currently I have a 30% chance to crit and each crit does 200% damage. I'm still a weak tank so that results in dps around 10k. The advantage of this is that when I use whirlwind, each crit restores 1% of my life. When I'm under 20% life I take half damage and whirlwind is free. Haven't tried this in inferno but we'll see. And the max crit chance you can get as barb is 73%, I'm shooting for that

Gold farming gets much better when u reach lvl 60
AFM #676