ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old February 4th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #1
kyrider
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bobbert

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R

EBT card rant!

Took the wife out tonight to dinner and after we stopped off at Sam's Club. While waiting in line there was a woman with her husband and small child with two carts full of junk food. The woman used her American Flag EBT card but had a few extra dollars that would come out of pocket. After sounding disgusted she had to pay what she did, her husband/BF gave her a check and it was rejected. The man became irate at the young check out girl and showed her a bank statement saying he had $4500 in the bank. The young girl said she believed him but there was nothing she could do. Then the man pulled a wad of $100 bills out of his pocket and paid the girl.

Maybe I should not judge but the way they treated that clerk and touted how much money they had and then used a EBT card? My wife had to literally stop me from confronting him.

I am sorry but I have worked since I was kid and if you cant find a job get your lazy ass up and go pick up cans.

WTF?

In contrast our waiter at what I will call "The Lobster Shack" told me he was working two jobs to pay for college and had just signed up for the reserve so he could pay for the rest of his college. That young man got a good tip and I hope there are more out there like him.
kyrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 4th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #2
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

I see stuff like that all the time. I live in what is the county seat. Meaning if you live here you get your "free money" first.

My wife used to have EBT. She was a single mother and going to school. Her dad is a pastor and they didnt have enough to pay for her and her son. So she went on financial assistance. She also went to school at the same time full time. She graduated got a job, and got off.

thats the system working correctly. She now pays in. The problem is the people who stay on and dont pay in.
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 4th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #3
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Having worked as a cashier at Rite Aid I can tell you there are people who need EBT and people who abuse the system. If you drive a cadillac and come in to buy candy and gummy worms with an EBT card, something is wrong. If you are getting cash back from you EBT card so you can buy beer, something is wrong. I feel EBT cards should be restricted like food stamps so that you can only buy household necessities and perhaps other essentials
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 4th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #4
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

they are restricted. Food items only and you cant get cash back from your EBT card. but you can still buy ****.

however if you get cash aid you can take that out and buy whatever the hell you want. They stick that on your EBTcard to so I can see how it would be confusing to know what they are using. But people with only food money are restricted to buy only food. When I was dating my wife I bought diapers lots of times when her cash aid was gone and she could only get food. Maybe people that it looked like we abused it to though, I had a fairly nice car then and she was using her EBT card.. but I was a full time student with a part time job. I couldnt afford to support her yet. just an example

Old February 5th, 2012, 01:14 AM   #5
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
At least you were buying diapers and not cigarette wrappers to roll blunts and gummy worms
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2012, 01:38 AM   #6
squaregamer476
learning stages

Name: M

Motorcycle(s): black 09 kawasaki ninja 250

EBT (every bodys taxes)...i thought it was a good thing until i learned what it was. I become upset when i see someone flashing that **** around...
squaregamer476 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2012, 02:04 AM   #7
kyrider

I would want something for people who fall through the cracks but the way this couple acted, like they were entitled. The poor clerk was being as nice as she could be. She was just doing her job. The keyword is her JOB!

I love knowing I get up every day and go to work and pay my taxes to support this person. I have had it with this entitlement society.

Old February 5th, 2012, 02:09 AM   #8
kyrider

Why the American flag?

Old February 5th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #9
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

because being a leech on society is the american way now...

Old February 11th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #10
heylookitsfranco
ninjette.org member

Name: Franco

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2006 Ninja 636

I work as a cashier myself and I can agree with y'all.... many people are gaming the system, and it really gets me down.

Something else that irritates me is when people think club card savings/coupons don't matter for EBT or WIC purchases. Then they complain or make a big deal about there not being enough in the account. I have to constantly stop myself from getting angry and saying 'Those are MY damn tax dollars.' I told a customer that it did, in fact, matter to the WIC office. I'm not sure that it does, but it matters to ME whether or not my tax dollars are being used for their intended purpose--which is to feed as many children as possible, in this scenario.

I don't mind when people on EBT buy treats for their kids or whatever, though. just so long as it's not ALL junk food

Old February 11th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #11
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by heylookitsfranco View Post
I work as a cashier myself and I can agree with y'all.... many people are gaming the system, and it really gets me down.
It only gets me down because I wish I could do it without my morals getting in the way.