ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old May 4th, 2011, 02:44 AM   #1
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

hjc cl-16

does anyone have it? is it good? any coments?
rusninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2011, 05:33 AM   #2
Enfemus
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r Blue

I have the CL-16 Narrl version and so far I love the thing. Haven't had a chance to take it out though as my MSF is this weekend. But wearing the thing for a bit to get use to it was comfortable and breathable.
Enfemus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2011, 05:34 AM   #3
jstrain
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): '04 Aprilia RSV, '10 Bonneville, '10 Ninjette

Can't remember which model, but I have the HJC that has the built-in tinted sunglass thing you can raise and lower. Probably a pretty similar helmet to the CL-16.

I've been happy with it. I mainly bought it so that I didn't always have to fiddle with sunglasses (thanks to the internal visor thing). I find it comfortable, but it is probably a bit noisy compared to a more expensive helmet. Crashed in a older HJC a few years ago and it did it's job. No real complaints from me.

Old May 4th, 2011, 05:36 AM   #4
jstrain
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): '04 Aprilia RSV, '10 Bonneville, '10 Ninjette

One thing that I do HATE about the HJCs is that they don't have a visor stop that will let you leave it just a bit cracked (not sure if that makes sense). I like to have the visor cracked just a bit on warm days, but I'm stuck with either completely closed or half open.

I had an Icon at one point that had a lot more stops, which allowed me to keep the visor reliably cracked half an inch or so.

Old May 4th, 2011, 05:45 AM   #5
singlecoillover
ninjette.org member

Name: Barak

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja EX250-J Special Edition

My brother has it and let me try it out for a day. Very quiet compared to my current lid. I like how it leaves a little bit of extra space for my ears so they're not smashed flat. The only reason I haven't gotten one is because the liner seems to have an issue that causes my hair to become statically charged. Definitely don't want to show up to work looking like I stuck my finger in an electrical outlet.
singlecoillover is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2011, 06:29 AM   #6
PsychoNinja
Ninja Dog

Name: Brady

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

I have the CL-16. It's my first helmet so I can't compare to other helmets, but I can't complain. It is comfortable and I can see pretty good. Just make sure you use the pinlock system to help keep your visor fog free!

Old May 4th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #7
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

I have the CL-15 (last years model) and it's a good helmet especially for the price... I don't know everything that they might have changed but I know my helmet is a bit heavy and a little noisy. Although a lot of the noisy problem might be because of my growler slipon.

For the price... I would do it again, in fact I bought my wife the CS-R1 because I liked mine so much
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2011, 12:21 PM   #8
bluesinorbit
ninjette.org member

Name: Joon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

It's my first and only helmet. I've been using it daily for the last five months and I would recommend it as a decent entry-level helmet. It only gets uncomfortable for me after about an hour and a half of riding, but I think it has to do with my square head shape.
bluesinorbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2011, 12:32 PM   #9
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

Thanks everyone i still dont have a motorcycle but im trying to get safety gear together when i get money while im searching for a job XD so im hopeing to get this helmet now then i will have the helmet ,icon stryker vest ,and shift fury gloves
rusninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #10
road_rascal
ninjette.org member

Name: ___

Motorcycle(s): ___

I have an older CL-14 (probably getting time to replace it) and it's much more comfortable than my old Shoei RF800. Just remember while one particular helmet fits great for one guy/gal it may be painful for you to wear. You'll have to try on a few and find one that's best for you.
road_rascal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #11
bluesinorbit
ninjette.org member

Name: Joon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by road_rascal View Post
I have an older CL-14 (probably getting time to replace it) and it's much more comfortable than my old Shoei RF800. Just remember while one particular helmet fits great for one guy/gal it may be painful for you to wear. You'll have to try on a few and find one that's best for you.
This.

Just go to a few different stores and try a bunch in your price range. I know how much Shoei's and Arai's come recommended but I can't find a single one that remotely resembles the shape of my head.
bluesinorbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2011, 05:14 PM   #12
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

I have a flat black cl-16 and i ****ing hate it, quiet up till 60mph then wind wind wind, i feel the FOV is too narrow and its heavy as hell. It was the first one i got and rode with it for a while. I switched to the SS1000 its quieter at 60mph and above then the hjc was but nosier at lower level speeds. Its way lighter with better ventilation. I ride quite long distances and am on the bike a long time though so lighter was a feature i needed and i was willing to let it make a bit more noise.

I plan on adding a bit of foam around the ears to the SS to make it a bit more quiet.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #13
SSR
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jonathan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrain View Post
One thing that I do HATE about the HJCs is that they don't have a visor stop that will let you leave it just a bit cracked (not sure if that makes sense). I like to have the visor cracked just a bit on warm days, but I'm stuck with either completely closed or half open.
I have the FS-15 Carbon (admitedly, one of their newer helmets) and you can crack it open just a 1/2 inch