http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...t-offices.html
g21-30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2009, 11:06 AM   #2
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
I still have not heard anymore details if they are going to go from a 6 day delivery schedual to a 5 day scheduale. I imagine onother increas in the cost of stamps is not far off.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2009, 11:46 AM   #3
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Ever increasing rate hikes and there still closing branches?
And these same people want to take over health care?
The reason the post office is faltering is because of cost overruns, inefficiency, and government management. Think health care will be any different?
UPS is privately held and doing just fine. Competition from the private sector has embarrased the fed. Makes you wonder why the fed wants to eliminate private insurance?
DUH!!!
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2009, 01:46 PM   #4
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Postal workers get 8 hours to do a 4 hour job.

Old August 1st, 2009, 05:06 AM   #5
dvldog0121
ninjette.org member

Name: Monica

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R

5 day delivery is still up in Congress, so who know when or if it'll pass. I hope not. While mail volume has gone down, there's still quite a bit of mail being moved through the USPS. Sometimes we don't even have enough people to do everything that needs to be done due attrition, and poor (and in some cases, none) management. A common misconception is that the USPS is funded by the government, it is not. So, we have the same issues that some of the other big companies have had. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that I had no more retirement fund, and that the Postmaster General, along with the whole Board of Governors, took a huge bonus and left the country.
dvldog0121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2009, 06:07 AM   #6
AnarchoMoltov
ninjette.org guru

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Suzuki GSX-R750

USPS delivery is way better than fedex or ups...Order something USPS it'll most likely be at your door within 2 days...Fedex and UPS suck in my opinion.
Look at the trucks hauling the USPS mail over the road, they are usually independent truckers, driving like bats outta hell, they are gittin **** done..
Where as fedex and ups are company drivers, and have to adhere to the strict rules there company has for them about hours on duty...Most people would say fedex and ups are safer but they are just trying to cover there own ass from gettin sued...If I hhave a choice between shipping methods I always choose USPS, because my order will get here way faster, my 2 cents..
AnarchoMoltov is offline   Reply With Quote