ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Notices

Old July 14th, 2018, 11:24 PM   #1
syph0r
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250r

Couple farkle things... Rearsets, lights, and kick stand...

So I have a 2010 and I'm trying to make things a little more comfortable and also maybe eye-pleasing. The first thing I want to do is get some new rearsets. I was looking at the Chinese Sato knock offs.. I've seen a post before about them and how to install with the brake cylinder reversed. But my main concern is that right now my knees are a little higher than I would like. I'm only 6' but my knees are at the top of the indent of the tank sides. These adjustable rearsets should help with that right? I feel like if the bottom of my foot was at the bottom of the stock peg it'd be a nice fit. The ones I'm looking at are:
color tree Motorcycle Rearsets Rear Foot Pegs CNC Rear set Footrests Fully Adjustable Rear Foot Boards Fit for KAWASAKI NINJA 250 EXC250 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Red https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0746H9WN6..._ODUsBbSKEEAHS

An issue that was brought to my attention was that my rear turn signals are hard to see. Previous owner had installed some flush mounts on the rear and they are very dim, even at night. Would it be easiest to just replace them completely or is there a way to possibly brighten them?

Also I noticed that I was getting a rubbing on the inner fender on the rear tire and was going to adjust the shock and found out previous owner had installed a lowering kit. Got the bike raised up and don't have any issues with rubbing now. It also has an adjustable kickstand..but I'm not sure at what level to set it, I'm worried of a tip over while it's parked. I will take a picture during the day to show the angle.

Thanks for any help and info. I will add some pictures and possibly a video if the lights if needed later on. Sorry for such a long post, figured better than starting multiple ones.
syph0r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2019, 07:01 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Did you get these sorted?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2019, 06:19 AM   #3
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Tiger 800 XRT

Flush mounts are especially silly for the rear, in my opinion. I'd at least go back to stock signals there, if you're willing to spend real coin, Traf-x makes some really bright ones, but they're about $80 each.
Ralgha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2019, 08:07 AM   #4
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Hi, Jeremy, and welcome.

You might not like what rearsets do given your size. Yes they move the pegs back, but they also move them up.... which is the whole point. Rearsets exist to get your feet farther up so you can get greater lean angles at the track. Even with adjustables set as low as they go, the pegs will likely be a fair bit higher than stock.

The big impact ergonomically is that your knee will be folded tighter than it is now.

For a good read on what rearsets feel like without buying some first, visit your local dealer, hop on a 600cc supersport and get your feet on the pegs. The tank on such a bike will be higher and wider but you'll get an idea of how much your legs are folded up. (600cc because the bike will be physically smaller than a 1000).

I'm a little guy (5'6"-5'7") and my track bike is an R6. The seat height on this bike is quite high but the actual rider triangle dimensions are rather compact. So that's a candidate for this.

Re the kickstand... extend it. The bike doesn't need to be leaning hard on the kickstand. Or better yet, ebay a stock stand and sell the adjustable one along with the lowering kit.

Re the signals... I echo what has been said. Aftermarket LED indicators generally suck. Ebay some stock units and pick up an appropriate tail tidy to go with 'em.

PS did the previous owner also lower the front in some way? (e.g. riser blocks or *shudder* cutting the springs)?

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2019, 09:40 AM   #5
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Tiger 800 XRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Re the signals... I echo what has been said. Aftermarket LED indicators generally suck. Ebay some stock units and pick up an appropriate tail tidy to go with 'em.
LED flush mounts generally suck. Non-flush mount LEDs can be retina searing!
Ralgha is offline   Reply With Quote