ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Farkles

Notices

Old January 19th, 2022, 11:36 AM   #1
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Motorcycle Dash Cam

The one I'm looking at are the no screen model and has option GPS
Blueskysea B1M
HaloCam M1
Innovv K3 (K2 was discontinued)
Mio MiVue M760D
Techalogic DC-1
Thinkware Sports M1
Viofo MT1
V-Sys B6WL also know Vsysto

What are you all using on your Ninja 250 and any cons?.

Yes, I know there are Action Camera
shspvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 23rd, 2022, 06:05 PM   #2
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by shspvr View Post
The one I'm looking at are the no screen model and has option GPS
Blueskysea B1M
HaloCam M1
Innovv K3 (K2 was discontinued)
Mio MiVue M760D
Techalogic DC-1
Thinkware Sports M1
Viofo MT1
V-Sys B6WL also know Vsysto

What are you all using on your Ninja 250 and any cons?.

Yes, I know there are Action Camera
There are apps that can use your phone as a cloud-connected dash cam to prevent losing the footage in case the phone is lost, confiscated, destroyed, tampered, etc. Some are geared toward police encounters but they should accomplish the same thing. There are phone mounts for the Ninja 250 J/K on Thingiverse which mount to the windscreen and let the phone camera see through, but I don’t think they have one for the F model you have. Still, you can remix the design to fit yours and get it made there.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 23rd, 2022, 06:40 PM   #3
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
There are apps that can use your phone as a cloud-connected dash cam to prevent losing the footage in case the phone is lost, confiscated, destroyed, tampered, etc. Some are geared toward police encounters but they should accomplish the same thing. There are phone mounts for the Ninja 250 J/K on Thingiverse which mount to the windscreen and let the phone camera see through, but I don’t think they have one for the F model you have. Still, you can remix the design to fit yours and get it made there.
That nice idea but not any option due data caps

Old January 24th, 2022, 01:23 AM   #4
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
I wanted following in camera:

- 1080p @60fps for track videos
- 160+ degree FOV for traffic coverage
- large recording capacity
- auto-on recording feature
- "open" firmware for feature updates

I got one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0768H4NB5/
With 128gb microSD card, I get about 10.5hrs of video for entire week's worth of commutes and any other rides in between. Then I just download over weekend. Or just let it loop recording if there's nothing worth saving.

Here's sample commute, run across 5 cops before I even get on Bay Bridge! Not sure what guy on MTB was doing.

Link to original page on YouTube.

One going into office:

I also use it mounted on bike for track/race videos. I updated it with firmware that has auto-record mode. When bike powers on, it starts recording (have it plugged in USB charger). I have enough to deal with on track days that I don't want to worry about charging batteries or hitting record button at right time.

What are your requirements for camera?

DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old January 24th, 2022, 07:15 AM   #5
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
I wanted following in camera:

- 1080p @60fps for track videos
- 160+ degree FOV for traffic coverage
- large recording capacity
- auto-on recording feature
- "open" firmware for feature updates

I got one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0768H4NB5/
With 128gb microSD card, I get about 10.5hrs of video for entire week's worth of commutes and any other rides in between. Then I just download over weekend. Or just let it loop recording if there's nothing worth saving.

Here's sample commute, run across 5 cops before I even get on Bay Bridge! Not sure what guy on MTB was doing.

I also use it mounted on bike for track/race videos. I updated it with firmware that has auto-record mode. When bike powers on, it starts recording (have it plugged in USB charger). I have enough to deal with on track days that I don't want to worry about charging batteries or hitting record button at right time.

What are your requirements for camera?
Nice Video

Old January 26th, 2022, 01:54 AM   #6
DannoXYZ

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

Why thank you!

Old January 26th, 2022, 10:47 AM   #7
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I could not do that Danno ! NO FRIGGING WAY !!!!!
great video and a good reminder as of WHY i do not live in the big city !
.... and obviously you were riding conservatively ! as the few other bikes that passed you were hauling ass ! lane splitting I do NOT do ... if traffic is stopped for road construction I may scooch up to the front but that would be the only time. if there is traffic I wait like a car for it to clear. the danger is too great that some one will change lanes without checking for a motorcycle !
Bob....

Old January 26th, 2022, 11:25 AM   #8
DannoXYZ

Heh, heh... I grew up in Saratoga (south S.F. Bay Area) and have been riding through that traffic for 40-yrs! Yes, it's gotten much worse over time, especially after 2000 dot.com craze! I'm much more conservative with my riding now than when I was younger, seen too many people get squished. Always make sure I can stop within 1-car's length in case something happens.

Only incident I ever had in all this time was because I was NOT lane-splitting. I was following white Honda through downtown Hayward, usual city-traffic with lights. Sneaking up past people slowly, filtering to lights on reds, etc. In this one case, I figured I'd just go with flow of traffic and followed this car. Well.... right as car hits crosswalk, light turns yellow and she SLAMS on her brakes, I heard couple squeaks as she slid over crosswalk lines. Grab handful of brakes and feel back-end come up.... Aaarrghhh.... Not slowing fast enough... back-end coming up more.... >PLOP< was sound as my front-tyre just kissed her back-bumper. Nose of my fairing just tapped top of bumper, probably stopped me from going over bars. Rear-end comes back down smoothly.... AAhhhh.... safe!

All of this happened within fraction of second and 10-ft or so. BUT... If I had been lane-splitting, I could've just kept on going through intersection and not had impact at all. Or I could've braked more gradually and came to stop next to her! So now, even if I'm going with flow of traffic, I'll split in gap between lanes to give myself more braking-room. Also can see further ahead as well.

Traffic's gotten so bad in Bay Area, bikes and splitting is only way to get anywhere. On my 1st day at this new job (I'm IT consultant), I wanted good-looking hair, so I drove cage in. For 35-mile commute to S.F., it took me 2.5 HOURS one-way!!!. I could've ridden my bicycle in less time than that!!! That toll-plaza on Bay Bridge in 2nd video that took me 30-secs to bypass, takes about 45-60 minutes by car, Yikes! So basically I save myself 4-hrs of commuting per day by using moto & splitting instead of being stuck in cage.

Here's similar commuting video, he followed my same route leaving City, across Bay Bridge to Oakland. Had some trouble at end in Berkeley....

Old January 26th, 2022, 11:40 AM   #9
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Yep that's just the way it happens your life is in the hands of some distracted driver in a 3000lb car ! the question is did the driver run over his ass or the guy behind him run over him too ?
..... Your living on borrowed time buddy it will happen to you as well.... the odds are NOT in your favor..... retire early !!!!
Bob.......

Old January 26th, 2022, 11:48 AM   #10
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
I could not do that Danno ! NO FRIGGING WAY !!!!!
great video and a good reminder as of WHY i do not live in the big city !
.... and obviously you were riding conservatively ! as the few other bikes that passed you were hauling ass ! lane splitting I do NOT do ... if traffic is stopped for road construction I may scooch up to the front but that would be the only time. if there is traffic I wait like a car for it to clear. the danger is too great that some one will change lanes without checking for a motorcycle !
Bob....
BoB a chicken I been to San Francisco oh boy what fun that was on my old hop up CB 100 back in 80's I used to live Madera

Old January 26th, 2022, 12:48 PM   #11
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Quote:
Had some trouble at end in Berkeley....
A high Δv doesn't give much time to react!
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 26th, 2022, 01:19 PM   #12
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

I was born in L.A. and lived there till I was about 3 or 4 years old in Pasadena
while my father worked at Arrow Jet General.... ( the horror stories he could tell from that place!)
but I remember the bumper to bumper traffic for hours and hours at a time
we traveled to Navado where my Uncle John had a Body shop and nice big home.... many times but the traffic has quadrupled sense those days !
yah I am definitely a chicken..... if I had to I'd park and wait it out ! LOL....
the coast run My Uncle and I made went through S.F. on the way toward Eureka.... but we only encountered moderate traffic... now it is bumper to bumper the entire way I am sure ! ....
I've hit the ground at 50mph and it is not something I want to repeat...EVER !
I still Ride and that can't be said for many guys that have had a wreck at that speed... but it is my love for the motorcycle that powers that in me !
not my reasoning... my reasoning says cars are safer by far for bodily injury
but a Bike is much funner and faster than a car could ever hope to be !
I've never been in a Big car crash doing freeway speeds just had fender benders in town traffic is all but the thought of a car pulling out in front of me when I'm doing 70mph on a bike still gives me bad dreams !
Most guys do not realise how much you can be hurt on a bike....and how easily it can happen !
I can understand the Lane splitting in traffic like that that has slowed to a standstill ... but in so doing you reduce your chances of making it home one more time without a accident dramatically ! ..... I understand why Most accidents on the freeway involving motorcycles have been increasing through the years.... it's not the bikers ability to control the bike its the car that doesn't look..... as with MOST bike accidents (because they never do look!)
Nope If all of a sudden I was transported down to where your video started Danno I would wait till 2:00AM and then head out of that God forsaken mess ! and head for the hills !
I'm a country boy ! I don't mix well with big cities at all.
if there's no cows in the fields next to the road I don't want to be there anyway ! HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Bob....

Old January 26th, 2022, 02:31 PM   #13
DannoXYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
A high Δv doesn't give much time to react!
Yeah, this didn't even have anything to do with lane-splitting anyway. Just inattentive riding and going too fast for conditions. And slow-reaction time.

Old January 26th, 2022, 03:38 PM   #14
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Ahh I would not have reacted in that amount of time either ! it was something that happened so fast it's over in a heart beat !
I saw the car coming over but there just wasn't time to react.... yah going too fast caused that I am sure ....
you want to slowly over take cars.... not overtake cars fast ! or **** like that will happen....
the car driver probably checked the rear view mirror a few seconds before switching lanes in that amount of time the bike appeared..... too fast for the conditions !
the car driver probably didn't check his mirror again before turning the wheel either..... so both the rider and the driver are at fault, but it's unfortunate that it happened at all !
both people had a very bad day because of that I am sure !
Bob.......

Old January 26th, 2022, 04:04 PM   #15
DannoXYZ

I like how it ended with tyre rolling onto camera!!!

Old January 27th, 2022, 12:52 PM   #16
CaliGrrl

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Lane splitting is safe, if done right. Most people don't change lanes once traffic settles down into slow-and-crawl mode. They pull out their phones, and use peripheral vision to stop before crashing into the car in front of them, and they know there's a car next to them, so they stay in their lane.

A lot of riders go too fast when splitting, or don't pay attention. You can see the front wheel turn, if a cager is going to change lanes. Defensive riding techniques work really well. Assume they don't see you, and that they're gonna do something absolutely idiotic, and plan for what you will do to keep out of the way of their stupid. I love being able to split lanes in traffic. I do follow the CHP guidelines, though: no faster than 15 mph more than traffic, between the #1 and #2 lanes, that kind of thing.

People feel safer in a cage but how many people still die in cage crashes? A *lot*.

Traffic doesn't upset me. I've learned how to deal with it.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2022, 01:52 PM   #17
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Quote:
I like how it ended with tyre rolling onto camera!!!
Yes, that's one of those things you can't do if you try.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 31st, 2022, 05:58 PM   #18
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Got the Blueskysea B1M still wait for GPS module to get here.
Ended up with really bad interference with it flickering pink in app screen and recording only then the bike is running with both front and rear cam.
First, I did was warp them in aluminum foil and used cloth tape hold it and to block rf noise on both camera and remote wire and that was still no go very odd WTF.
Turn out that bike had non resistor spark plugs when should had resistor spark plugs so got set Champion Z9Y all fix, but I still also plan to get some of that 3M 425 aluminum foil tape and add over the top what I got installed for extras insurance.
Sad I install the box the wrong way so I can't get SD card out oh well I just wait for GPS then address that little booboo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11d.jpg (125.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0815.jpg (145.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0816.jpg (122.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0817.jpg (119.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0818.jpg (99.6 KB, 5 views)

Old February 1st, 2022, 09:13 PM   #19
Kevin1956
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R

Get a helmet camera. It records the road and anywhere else you point it.
Kevin1956 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 10th, 2022, 02:16 PM   #20
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Here the Dashcam in action

Old February 10th, 2022, 09:36 PM   #21
DannoXYZ

turned out awesomely!!!