ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old June 8th, 2023, 06:00 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[kropotkin thinks...] - Mugello Thursday MotoGP Round Up: Recovering Riders, The Spec

If you enjoyed reading this article, please click here to view it on Kropotkin's site, MotoGP Matters.

-----------------

Mugello Thursday MotoGP Round Up: Recovering Riders, The Specter Of Contracts, And Why Aero Matters At Mugello

By David Emmett | Thu, 08/06/2023 - 23:45

Will the crowds return to Mugello? The first signs are not good. When we left the paddock on Thursday evening, there was a handful of tents on the hillside, and the only noise was a lone two-stroke chainsaw engine being tortured at full blast. Much later, sitting in an osteria in Borgo San Lorenzo (the food in Italy is always good, but here it was exceptional, and cheap too), the waiter told us he didn't expect the crowds to be up to much. "Ten years ago there was a river of yellow from the autostrada to the circuit, 20 kilometers," he told us. "And now?" He shrugged.

It will be a shame if attendance is once again low, because as I wrote last night, it promises to be a spectacular event. The field is back at full strength, in numbers if not necessarily in fitness. Pecco Bagnaia is still limping from the heel he fractured in his crash with Maverick Viñales at Le Mans, though he insists it will not cause him much trouble. "I’m not 100%, but I'm struggling more with walking than riding," the factory Ducati rider told the press conference. "Because after four days without knowing that, I broke my ankle I was riding here just to train. I was feeling pain, but nothing that with a bit of focus was impossible to ignore and think just about the riding so I think that it will not affect my race weekend."