ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old January 24th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #1
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

How I feel...

Sometimes I just feel it, in my blood. I have no reason to, but I do. I wasn't born into a family who too rock the same number as I, but I still feel like I was born to do so. I should take the cage, but I prefer the freedom. "Why are you taking that?" they ask, "You're too tired, have barely enough sleep. Take the car" and even though they completely make 100% sense, my only reply is "Because... I just need to." Because I feel it. An urge. To get out and go. I feel it in the pit of my stomach. My mind wraps itself around the idea of the smell of exhausts, the sweat dripping down my back, bugs hitting my faceshield... wind passing through my ears at a nearly intolerable volume, raging idiots all around me who aim at me like a moving target... and to me... for some reason unknown to any other except those who share my passion, it's all a little piece of the whole picture, of this heaven on earth that I live in. I need to get out and go! Where to? I have no destination... Just... around. But I promise I'll take the longest way to get around. Right now, I have to live a little. On two wheels. This is how I feel.

Just thought I'd share how I'm dying to go out and ride right now. With that being said, Im out to ride. Have a good day fellow riders! And ride safe.

Mods: flushmount Led front binkers, diode mod, pazzo levers, clear tank pad, racing replica grips, bike monkeys integrated tal light, zx-2r vinyls, rearsets, red bar ends, and more red accented stuff.
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Go bikes!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #3
Error_mage
ninjette.org member

Name: Maurice

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (sold), 2001 Suzuki SV 650S

In all honest I could do without the bugs entirely…though I agree, sometimes you just feel like riding for the sake of riding and drop into an almost meditative state while your sense are going into overdrive to hit that perfect line or avoid crazy drivers =D

Have fun out there!

Old January 24th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #4
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

I know where you're coming from. When I do drive my car for something, it just feels somewhat odd, almost wrong, like it's out of place. I feel more at peace, more at home on the bike. I don't need to be pushing to the edge, or seeing just what myself or my bike are capable of. I just need to be on two wheels and feeling like I'm more in tuned with the world around me. Idiot drivers that would piss me off for miles after I left them in the car are usually out of my mind within a few moments when I'm on the bike. The troubles of the world (and I tend to see a lot of them ) just don't seem as important. My bike is my therapy, my way of letting go and just BEING.

So yah, I get what you are saying and coming from.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #5
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Well articulated thoughts Mr.E. I feel the same.

Keep rollin' my 2 wheeled brotha!
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #6
KawiKid860
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

Safe riding bro! I'm a little different but same idea. Why freeze my butt off when its 20 degrees out? Why not just take the car? Because riding is so much better than driving, imo, in every way. Only thing driving has over riding to me is extra safety... but honestly the risks of riding don't come close to persuading me a car would be better. In good weather conditions at least, 50-60 degrees out today and sunny, driveway was shaded so still had a thick layer of ice on it, so I carved a path through it and took my bike out. Then went on a random high speed highway ride, even though the wind was blowing me so hard I was leaning the bike really far over fighting to stay in my lane, and getting past 100 riding into the gusts was taking all she had... But it still felt incredible. Riding is always incredible, doesn't matter if I'm exhausted, angry, depressed, super happy, wide awake, in a hurry, whatever! When I'm riding everything else is sort of blurred out, and it's just SO MUCH FUN!!! And riding with my girlfriend is one of the most amazing experiences I've had, taking corners fast getting nice and leaned over, rolling on the throttle, hearing the twin go from a put put to a ggrrrrr to a VVVAAARRRRRRRREEEEEAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRROOOOWWWWWWWWWW (I think thats what it sounds like) or just that nice simple commute to school/workj to wake me up, and the ride home I get to look forward to after. Especially if I'm having a sucky day or something. oh and you know other things like the epic feeling of badassness, and the gas mileage
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #7
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Two wheels, one love x-)

It's a mind clearer for sure.

And lets not even get started about how much of a badass I feel lol.
Mods: flushmount Led front binkers, diode mod, pazzo levers, clear tank pad, racing replica grips, bike monkeys integrated tal light, zx-2r vinyls, rearsets, red bar ends, and more red accented stuff.

Old January 25th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #8
KawiKid860
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

LOL on days when I feel really bad ass I carry my helmet with me at school instead of locking it up. Two wheels one love for sure, can't imagine living without having a bike...
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 26th, 2012, 12:20 AM   #9
Mr.E
That rider dude.

^ I always carry my helmet. I dont trust people. Only if it's a place I'll be in and out in like 2 seconds will I lock the helm up lol. I just feel bad because the tables we sit at are small, and skinny, so who ever is next to me has to share some space with my helmet lmao

Old January 26th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #10
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote