Old July 12th, 2009, 02:58 PM   #241
EngrNewf
Geeket

Name: Terri-Lynn

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
Terri-Lyn,
That's Joe Rocket, yes? I have the JR ballistic pants which are full textile and have a waterproof liner that is removable, but they don't have hip armor. I also have the JR Cleo pants which are mesh - you can see both in my post earlier in this thread... given your location I would say to go with the ballistics as they are definitely warmer, but not too warm, even on our 90* and high humidity days
Thanks for the reply! And yes, by the time I get these things it will be quite cool around here. But I kind of wanted something with hip armor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
None?
Something less illegal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJD022588 View Post
lol

I've been in the market for pants recently and am surprised to read that the JR pants dont have hip armor.
Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyCavies View Post
I have the JR womens Alto Ego pants. I love them. I wear them over my work pants. http://www.newenough.com/protective_...overpants.html
seems to have all the other JR pants rolled into one. Plus I love the design, but it is on the zip off part for the mesh to be exposed. My temps are in the triple digets now, I do sweat a little but not to bad, considering. When I wear shorts under, I don't sweat at all.
What are the sizes like? Do you recommend just the one size bigger or bigger then that? Buying stuff off the internet is a big pain. For jeans I can range anywhere from 5-10 :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
Ya, get perforated leather for summer runs , Leather/Textile is a good combo for summer riding IMO

Naughty Naughty Kelly ...
Thanks...I've been looking around and I'm kind of a fan of the kitty ones (the one with the guns)

Last futzed with by EngrNewf; July 13th, 2009 at 04:01 PM.
EngrNewf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2009, 03:40 PM   #242
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

I bought a pair of Dainese Torque IN boots (pictured here):

These boots are almost as comfortable as my A* Octane riding shoes but with WAYY more protection. I can't roll my heel in these things no matter how hard I try. They were only about $291 canadian too!

Oh and for anyone within the greater Toronto area....Rider's choice is having a sale...so ya...now's the time to go and splurge haha.
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 13th, 2009, 09:32 AM   #243
ManyCavies
ninjette.org sage

Name: Crissy

Motorcycle(s): . . . . . . . 2000 Suzuki Intruder VS800 "Suzi", 2008 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 "Yoshi"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngrNewf View Post
What are the sizes like? Do you recommend just the one size bigger or bigger then that? Buying stuff off the internet is a big pain. For jeans I can range anywhere from 5-10 :S
I think just the one size larger unless you plan on doing alot of layering for warmth. I normally wear a 14 and I choose the XL, fits nice. Hope that helps.

Old July 13th, 2009, 04:02 PM   #244
EngrNewf
Geeket

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyCavies View Post
I think just the one size larger unless you plan on doing alot of layering for warmth. I normally wear a 14 and I choose the XL, fits nice. Hope that helps.
It does, thank you!

Old July 16th, 2009, 11:20 AM   #245
ajaygraci
ninjette.org member

Name: Angelo

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250r, black, carbon fiber full exhaust...2000 toyota 4runner

this thread delivers... lots of pictures and seein wat everyone else got... i would post up some pic of my gear but it doesnt let me on ninjette.org ... with other sites i just use tinypic but doesnt let me on this site for some reason =/
ajaygraci is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2009, 11:22 AM   #246
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Sticky thread in the pics section with instructions on getting pics up here; there are a few different ways.

Test pic from tinypic.com:

TinyPic.com works fine here, you probably weren't using the right code from them. You need to use the IMG code (the second choice), not the HTML embed code.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2009, 01:20 PM   #247
madcrossover
ninjette.org member

Name: Daniel

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

Helmet: Scorpion Exo 400 Tsunami
Jacket: Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 Textile
Pants: Currently looking for some good ones at a reasonable price!
Gloves: Icon Merc Short
Boots: Joe Rocket Superstreet

If anyone has any ideas on some good pants, Im all ears!

I was looking at these:
http://www.newenough.com/protective_...cle_pants.html
madcrossover is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #248
Talonne
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jessica

Motorcycle(s): '09 Metallic Diablo Black

Another post for the girls.

Helmet: Arai Astral-X. I'm not sure what to think of it since it's my first helmet ever. It fogged up a lot when I was stopped yesterday, even though all my vents were open. I hate having to lift my face shield at stops due to no longer being able to see. It was cooler when I rode (around 13C/55F), but this is Canada. It will get MUCH colder. I'm kind of worried. It was really great when I was riding in 26C/79F weather though.

Jacket: Shift Siren leather. I don't know if I like the fit, but it is sharp-looking and protective. It's cut very rectangular, so it is huge around my waist, but fits perfectly everywhere else. *shrug* Shoulder armor sits at the right place and feels secure, so that's good. Girls who are not shaped like a rectangle might want to stay away from this one.

Pants: Joe Rocket Alter Ego textile/mesh. LOVE these. They were already raved about in a previous post here, but they're so so perfect. I'm a shorty, so the adjustable hem and adjustable armor height are a godsend!! They also have a removable strip that wraps from one leg to the other, across the butt, which exposes mesh to keep the air flowing on hot days. Waterproof/windproof liner in the leg is also removable!

Gloves: Icon Merc Short. These are great! Perfect fit for someone with small hands. No floppy finger ends!

Boots: Frye Campus. Mine are dark blue. This is where I need some help... I need the extra height that these give me (2" in the heel, maybe a bit over 0.5" in the rest of the sole). However, I realize that these might not be the best option for riding because they're not padded at all. The leather is thick, but they fit loosely around the ankle. Suggestions needed!!! Icon Bombshell boots are TOO high. Most important aspect is that 0.5" lift in the sole overall. Otherwise, I will definitely need to get my bike lowered.

Talonne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2009, 03:06 PM   #249
EngrNewf
Geeket

Gotta new visor (gogo)! I've offically been deemed a halo character.

Old August 17th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #250
andrewexd
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 07 GSXR600 (N250 sold :( )

Quote:
lol thats cool... does it actually look pink or is it just pink on the outside ?
andrewexd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2009, 08:09 PM   #251
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Here it is, head to toe:

Joe Rocket RKT101 helmet (Snell 2005/DOT), solid red, clear shield, with a few artistically-applied hi-viz reflective yellow rectangular stickers courtesy of the MSF/state.

Headsweats skull cap

Fieldsheer Hi-Flow 2 mesh jacket with CE shoulder and elbow armor plus a foam back pad. They were so cheap on special at New Enough that I bought two... one red, one fluorescent yellow. I use the yellow one for commuting because it's a riskier environment. The red one is for recreation rides and to extend the life of the yellow one... fluorescent dyes do not last long due to UV exposure.

Lee Parks Designs deerskin/elkskin gloves.

Fieldsheer HT 2.0 textile pants with CE knee armor and foam hip pads.

A pair of cheap steel-toe, leather ankle-height work boots from Wally World.

This is all ATGATT.

I could go for some mesh pants, but being overdressed on my legs doesn't bother me as much as on my torso.

I have to say I'm very impressed with the comfort of the mesh jacket. When moving it really, truly does feel like wearing shirtsleeves.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2009, 03:48 AM   #252
EngrNewf
Geeket

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewexd View Post
lol thats cool... does it actually look pink or is it just pink on the outside ?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, so both? lol

Old August 18th, 2009, 09:55 AM   #253
andrewexd
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 07 GSXR600 (N250 sold :( )

I meant from your point of view, its just like wearing sunglasses right, like the inside is tinted ?
andrewexd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2009, 10:06 AM   #254
sofo
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
'09 250R S.E. green represent!
sofo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2009, 10:16 AM   #255
sofo
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Helmet: HJC AC-12 Carbon with clear and dark visors
Jacket: Joe Rocket Atomic 3.0 w/ armor
Pants: Scorpion Deuce w/ armor
Gloves: Tap-Moto TAP-5220
Boots: Alpinestars S-MX-5
Armor: Alpinestars Bionic back protector

Everything fits great and the protection level is very good for newbie textile gear. I'm planning to get 2-piece leathers next season and might look to add chest armor to the back protector or swap for a combined type.

I will always pay a little more for carbon/kevlar helmets. The weight savings really pays off after a few hours.

I like the "Boba Fett" vibe when riding.
sofo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2009, 10:48 AM   #256
dimeified
ninjette.org guru

Name: Lucas

Motorcycle(s): '09 Blue 250R

Aside from the Shoei helmet, all my gear is from Shift. I didn't pay over a hundred bucks for any of the Shift equipment with the exception of the leather jacket, and i suppose thats why i chose them. The construction of the gear is solid, and I usually just ride around town to meet up with friends. Thats when I'm going low speeds and short distances, and would rather blend in the crowd with the Shift gear which looks like street clothes. I still need to invest in something a little better for highway riding though, a 2 piece suit joined by zipper or something.

Shoei RF-100 Breakthrough TC-2

Shift Airborne Mesh Jacket

Shift 967 Leather Jacket

Shift Stryker Gloves

Shift Lodown Jeans

Shift Fuel Shoes

Old August 18th, 2009, 03:28 PM   #257
SlowCheetah
ninjette.org member

Name: Art

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250 SE

This is the gear I bought when I purchased my bike, at that time I hadn't researched my options so I just went by what the lady at the stealership suggested (n00bsauce move, I know).

Helmet: ICON Airframe. This helmet fits well but looks a bit bulky (makes my big head look even bigger). I've never worn any other type of helmet but this one seems to be noisy at high speeds. Guess I should invest in some earplugs.

Gloves: A* SPS. These are a little snug but the next size up was too big, not a big problem.

Jacket: A* T-Stunt. This jacket fits good when I'm standing, but it bunches up too much in the front and feels uncomfortable when I'm riding.

Pants: Jeans.

Shoes: In the market for some. Looking at A* S-MX 2 and SIDI Street Burners. Can't decide yet.

First time posting pics couldn't seem to get them in order
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ICON helmet.jpg (11.6 KB, 430 views)
File Type: jpg Alpinestar stunt jacket.jpg (29.8 KB, 430 views)
File Type: jpg APS sps gloves.jpg (93.8 KB, 0 views)
SlowCheetah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2009, 02:29 PM   #258
EngrNewf
Geeket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonne View Post
Another post for the girls.

Jacket: Shift Siren leather. I don't know if I like the fit, but it is sharp-looking and protective. It's cut very rectangular, so it is huge around my waist, but fits perfectly everywhere else. *shrug* Shoulder armor sits at the right place and feels secure, so that's good. Girls who are not shaped like a rectangle might want to stay away from this one.
I feel for you, I have that problem with most jackets Depending on what size you are the luna 2 jacket is great. I got a small but it's still rather big everywhere...but is more fitting in the waste then the rest of the jackets I've tried.

Old August 21st, 2009, 02:43 PM   #259
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Name: Katlyn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

I have fitment problems with leather pants... they are usually a little long in the inseam, a little too snug in the thighs, and too loose in the waist. My Joe Rocket Trixie pants aren't too bad... just about 1 - 2 inches too big in the waist, about an inch too long and just snug enough in the thighs.... better than the ICON stuff which seems to think that all biker chics are stick figures... sorry guys, we're not!

Old August 21st, 2009, 02:44 PM   #260
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Name: Katlyn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

Quote:
This better be in the "Girls On Bikes" thread.

Old August 21st, 2009, 03:05 PM   #261
Talonne
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jessica

Motorcycle(s): '09 Metallic Diablo Black

Quote:
I feel for you, I have that problem with most jackets Depending on what size you are the luna 2 jacket is great. I got a small but it's still rather big everywhere...but is more fitting in the waste then the rest of the jackets I've tried.
I will have to find that one and try it on, thanks for the recommendation! I'm somewhere between XS and S, depending on the brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post
I have fitment problems with leather pants... they are usually a little long in the inseam, a little too snug in the thighs, and too loose in the waist. My Joe Rocket Trixie pants aren't too bad... just about 1 - 2 inches too big in the waist, about an inch too long and just snug enough in the thighs.... better than the ICON stuff which seems to think that all biker chics are stick figures... sorry guys, we're not!
Sounds like we have very similar figures. I have these exact issues with regular JEANS! I'm glad my Joe Rocket textile pants have an adjustable waistband. There'd be a lot of gapping in the back, otherwise.
Talonne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2009, 03:47 PM   #262
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Jessica - I have the cleo 2 which is probably getting a little cool for the season up there now, but it has three adjusters on the back which I love as it allows for a nice tailored fit. The ballistic has the same feature, and the heartbreaker has 2 adjusters. I picked up a lotus off of ebay last winter that has 3 has well

Old August 22nd, 2009, 10:05 AM   #263
EngrNewf
Geeket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonne View Post
Sounds like we have very similar figures. I have these exact issues with regular JEANS! I'm glad my Joe Rocket textile pants have an adjustable waistband. There'd be a lot of gapping in the back, otherwise.
Ditto, Silver Jeans are the greatest. Unfortunately they're not riding pants. I usually end up wearing a belt even on most pants even when they're to small, just because the back sticks off but is tight everywhere else.

Old September 11th, 2009, 12:47 PM   #264
sprale
Dead-thread Necromancer!

Name: Levon

Motorcycle(s): K5 V-Strom

Here's my collection, thinned down a bit last winter. I don't like having rain gear, as I don't like wearing it over my riding gear and won't ride with only the rain gear.
  • Boots; Oxtar (now TCX) GTX waterproof boots with Gore-Tex
  • Jackets; Tourmaster Cortech Fusion jacket, Teknic Monsoon waterproof jacket with Gore-Tex
  • Pants; Tourmaster Venture Air pants, mesh with insulated and waterproof removable liners
  • Gloves; Olympia gauntlet waterproof gloves with Gore-Tex, Tourmaster Cortech DX mesh gloves
  • Helmet; HJC Element modular

I'm looking out for a good pair of waterproof riding pants to compliment my Ventures, for cold and wet riding. The Ventures have removable waterproof and insulated liners, but I'd rather just have one pair of heavy, warm and waterproof pants. Aerostich's Roadcrafter or Darien would be great, but I'm not spending that much anytime soon.

Any suggestions?
sprale is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 11th, 2009, 03:45 PM   #265
Strider
Back on the Black!

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (Black)

My loving wife bought me a new pair of gloves to add to my kit
I got my birthday present early this year!

Joe Rocket Z - Moto Leather Gloves
They match my jacket perfectly!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg redmoto.jpg (54.4 KB, 0 views)

Old September 11th, 2009, 04:37 PM   #266
edwinmcq
ninjette.org member

Name: Ed

Helmet:

Jacket:

Pants:

Gloves:

(They match me bike!)

Boots:

(They match me gloves)

ATTATT

Old September 11th, 2009, 07:42 PM   #267
sprale
Dead-thread Necromancer!

Name: Levon

Motorcycle(s): K5 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinmcq View Post
ATTATT
What's that?

Me thinks you jest
sprale is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 11th, 2009, 07:53 PM   #268
edwinmcq
ninjette.org member

"ATTATT"

Ohhh! Looks like I tot a stem under my "JEE" key. I tot a can of air 'round here somewhere...need to blow that sucker out.

Sad thing this I thought this outfit would keep all the DC weirdos away, but instead they just chase me around wanting quarters for their teeth!

Old September 12th, 2009, 08:44 AM   #269
Strider
Back on the Black!

Ed! Love those boots!

ATTATT = All The Truth All The Time

Old September 12th, 2009, 08:59 AM   #270
edwinmcq
ninjette.org member

Kidding aside I did just buy one of these:

Speed and Strength "HELL'N BACK".

It has an integrated hydration pack , is very comfortable, a rain liner works perfect and more inside/outside armor than an M1 Abrams.

Two thumbs up!

Old September 12th, 2009, 01:03 PM   #271
tyronne1126
ninjette.org member

Name: Tyronne

Motorcycle(s): Soon to be 09/10 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinmcq View Post
Kidding aside I did just buy one of these:

Speed and Strength "HELL'N BACK".

It has an integrated hydration pack , is very comfortable, a rain liner works perfect and more inside/outside armor than an M1 Abrams.

Two thumbs up!

what jacket is that? looks good.

leathers dont seem to fit me.. from what ive seen.

im 6'1 and only 130lbs >.> .. any ideas? thanksss
tyronne1126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 12th, 2009, 01:13 PM   #272
P1NDLESK1N
ninjette.org member

Name: Dario

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Ninja 300 (Sold), 2016 Z1000

Tyronne, you a scrawny guy like me? I have a small Yoshi jacket that fits pretty good. Just wish it was a little longer down by the waist.
P1NDLESK1N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 12th, 2009, 01:22 PM   #273
tyronne1126
ninjette.org member

yeah.. very skinny! hahah.. anyways. any pics and what not? ive tried the accelerant icon jacket and i had to get the SMALL for it to still not fit right. and was super high on the waist.

the guy showed me some jacket but i forgot to see what it was. i was ready to leave to do stuff.

the thing i like is that the icon field armor kneee guards fit quite well. still haven't ridden with them because i didn't know how comfortable i would be on the bike. i might tomorrow.

Old September 12th, 2009, 01:30 PM   #274
edwinmcq
ninjette.org member

It's by Speed and Strength named "HELL'N BACK". It is a hybrid Nylon out /Mesh inside. The sleeves zip off to reveal a Silver mesh underneath. There is a hydration pack that is under the left breast panel. It has both hardened external armor and then CE underneath. A large removable back protector. Zippered vents front and back.

Old September 12th, 2009, 01:39 PM   #275
tyronne1126
ninjette.org member

jacket seems very nice. wonder if it will fit.. going to check if the cycle gear has it in stock so i can try it and buy it on newenough for cheaper! =P

Old September 12th, 2009, 02:12 PM   #276
TheDuck
Da Duckman

Name: Duckman

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, '06 Chopper, '80 Puch Magnum II, '01 SV650, '99 CR250/CR500AF Sportbike. '02 CRF450/CR500AF Dirt

Gear I was wearing at Deal's Gap:

TheDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 12th, 2009, 02:32 PM   #277
Strider
Back on the Black!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuck View Post
Gear I was wearing at Deal's Gap:

That would look even more awesome that in does if it were black/red!
But I gotta ask it ... where are your protective pants Duckman?

Old September 12th, 2009, 03:28 PM   #278
TheDuck
Da Duckman

Name: Duckman

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, '06 Chopper, '80 Puch Magnum II, '01 SV650, '99 CR250/CR500AF Sportbike. '02 CRF450/CR500AF Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
That would look even more awesome that in does if it were black/red!
But I gotta ask it ... where are your protective pants Duckman?
I make sure to only fall on my head!
TheDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 14th, 2009, 05:21 AM   #279
Xorro
ninjette.org member

Name: Zoe

Motorcycle(s): CBR650F replacing the Ninja 300

I have accumulated quite a bit of stuff over the years, typically I wear my leather gear (picture), as not fussed about going out in the rain / cold these days.

Gloves
Alpinestars GP Pro Picture
RST Winter Goves (blue)
Black gloves, a bit warmer than the Alpinestars, but not as thick as the RSTs. These were my first pair.

Jackets
Hein Gericke Bonnie 2 leather jacket Picture
Revit Blue paddock jacket as seen here
I also have another textile winter coat, which is longer, and I can't remember the brand as the moment.

Trousers
Hein Gericke leather trousers
Revit textile trousers

Helmet
Arai Viper GT 'freedom' picture
I also still have my old AGV lid.

Other stuff
Sidi Black rain boots
Cosi neck tube
Knox Aegis ladies 6 plate back protector (similar pic)
EDZ wicking layer, top and trousers.

And for those that just like pictures...

Old September 14th, 2009, 03:09 PM   #280
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowuff View Post
Helmet: Shoei RF1000
Jacket: TourMaster Transition Series 2
Pants: TourMaster Venture Pants
Yancy - I'm about to order this jacket in the women's version.... what's your review at this stage? Did you wear it during the summer? Still keep you toasty throughout the winter? What kind of layers did you wear under it, and what speeds did you see?

Thanks!