ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old July 16th, 2018, 04:13 PM   #41
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
If you can come out to adkins let me know (Aug 4 and 5)

Old July 16th, 2018, 04:33 PM   #42
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
Do you remember the first time you drove a car? Or learned to drive? Or the second car you drove?

I ask because there are somethings that are similar. You will need to learn control, muscle memory, how to react quickly, how to maneuver, etc...
So, start with things you can do... Get familiar with the controls. Just like the class... Can you walk your bike (Flintstone)? If not start there. Then move on to the next thing they showed you... Master each movement before going to the next.
I do remember learning to drive. My parents bought me private driving lessons so I wouldn't have to take the driver's ed class at school

I'm going to start at the beginning with Takara. Get used to her weight again (the bike I was on was almost 90 pounds lighter), re learn her friction zone by hopping on one foot with the other on the peg lol. Then try taking her around the block. There is a hill going that way but no stops on it. The only reason I didn't try that way before is because of how bumpy the streets are.

I think part of the reason the bike I had to ride was so uncomfortable for me is because I felt like I was sitting in a chair with my feet up. Which I had found out before buying Takara that that position was not right for me. I have 15 years of horseback riding ingrained into me still, I'm just right with my feet under me. Doesnt' matter what kind of bike, as long as my feet are under me and I'm able to sit up straight or lean forward. With them in front of me, I'm off balance. If the process could have been slowed down a bit like I asked, I probably could have gotten used to it enough to get through. However, that extra time is apparently not an option.

So I'm going to get used to my girly again, get great instruction from Chris, and then see if there are any classes left to get into. If not, I'll sign back up as soon as they open registration next year. I'll be calling that instructor that gave me her number to see what classes she'll be at. I know with her that I can be on a bike that makes me comfortable enough to be able to concentrate on the drills, and that will help to push the anxiety to a lower level.

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12

Last futzed with by Koala; July 16th, 2018 at 07:38 PM.
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 16th, 2018, 04:36 PM   #43
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
If you can come out to adkins let me know (Aug 4 and 5)
will do, thanks!

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12

Old July 16th, 2018, 04:40 PM   #44
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
Try calling Iron Pony and ask what options they offer and cost. Since it is more private they might be able to work with you. It will cost $$$...

Old July 16th, 2018, 04:59 PM   #45
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Try calling Iron Pony and ask what options they offer and cost. Since it is more private they might be able to work with you. It will cost $$$...
I'll have to check that out, I'm going to explore all options.

Old July 16th, 2018, 05:41 PM   #46
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
I'll have to check that out, I'm going to explore all options.
I am sure you will, I know you will find what suits you best.

Good luck

Old July 16th, 2018, 05:56 PM   #47
AwDang
ninjette.org guru

Name: Pat

Motorcycle(s): 286, 296, 599, 799

Koala,
What car do you drive?
We need to help you get where you can transport your bike yourself.
AwDang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2018, 06:04 PM   #48
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwDang View Post
Koala,
What car do you drive?
We need to help you get where you can transport your bike yourself.
sorry couldn't help it....I drive a 97 honda civic hatchback that I absolutely love, but there is no way my Persephone could tow anything. there is just too much wrong with her. I just spent a half hour looking up different ways of trying to get Takara to Mid O. Uhaul/Home depot truck rentals you name it. My eyes are barely open and I haven't even had a shower yet.

I like the idea of the cargo van but I cant find anything on if you can put a ramp up to the back of it securely.

Old July 16th, 2018, 06:30 PM   #49
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
Secure with straps to the bumper...

Another option... Check local forums or Facebook groups to see if you can hitch a ride with someone else going from your area...

Last futzed with by snot; July 17th, 2018 at 02:48 AM.
snot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2018, 08:13 PM   #50
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Never say never!!! Rather ask, "How can it be done?". If crappy little 70-bhp car can tow this:

Certainly your 106-bhp Civic can pull something significantly lighter. General rule-of-thumb is you can tow up to same weight as your vehicle, although in practical terms, I think 1/2 is much easier. On other extreme we have this:

Due to my trailer being stolen over Holidays, I had to scramble and rent U-haul trailer for AFM round-1 @ Buttonwillow. That #@!%*& thing weighed 830-lb all by itself!!! Add bike, gear, food, dogs, dog-food, wife, camping-gear and I was hauling 1500-lbs with my poor little '93 Corolla wagon !

More reasonable towing scenario at ~550-lbs or 800-lbs with stuff in boot.

This one's even lighter, although balance is way off. Both bike wheels should not be ahead of trailer's wheels!

Then, there's no-trailer options for hauling bike:

DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2018, 08:34 PM   #51
DannoXYZ

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

Here's another cute little trailer.

Being towed by... a CIVIC!!!

And that same CIVIC... pulling TWO bikes!!!

Old July 16th, 2018, 08:58 PM   #52
DannoXYZ

Old July 16th, 2018, 09:14 PM   #53
DannoXYZ

I feel limitations here isn't your ability, which you haven't even come close to taxing yet. I think it's your imagination that's holding you back.

Way back in '60s, Gene Roddenberry imagined a communications device that would fit into palm of your hand like deck of cards. By imagining new non-existing future, he brought it into existence first as dreams. Only then can it be developed and created in reality. Sure, it took 30-years to make cell-phones reality, but it started as an imaginary device.

Same thing with your future. What you dream and imagine becomes your future. How much time have you dreamed about hopping on bike and riding out to backroads with ease? Versus how much time on stumbling blocks and failures?

Dare to dream BIG! Dream the impossible, then find out HOW to make it happen. The impossible future doesn't lie in your existing skills, because if you knew how to make it happen, you would've done it by now. Dream about new ideas, new ways of doing things you haven't done yet. Although towing a bike isn't exactly science-fiction, it's already been done. Heck, just steal other people's ideas and make it happen for you too! You can do it!!!

Draw on your past successes for inspiration. What things have you accomplished that you're really proud of? Things that make you go YEAH I'M AWESOME!!! Because you are.

Old July 17th, 2018, 07:24 AM   #54
michvin
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Honda CB 500x

Quote:
I'm just so down right now about it. I thought I would be just fine and like I said, I was the worst one in the class. several of the guys and girls there rode there own bikes to the class. only one or two had never been on a bike before, and the one girl who had only had hers for a couple months rode it to the class. the younger instructor was great (he was the one trying to talk me out of leaving), both of them were really, they tried to give me as much one on one as possible but they had 10 other people to tend to. 10 other people that seemed to be picking everything up like easy peasy. every step forward I took 2 steps back. all while basting in sweat from 90 degree heat and sunshine.

My aunt is in town for her high school reunion, I asked her about helping me but her flight leaves at 7 tomorrow morning. she's been riding forever.
This feeling is hard to overcome (the one, that you are holding up entire class), but we always say to our students "ride your own ride" and do our best to help everyone.
Two questions:
- your state/MSF in Ohio offers BRC2? This is the course, where you use your own bike to learn and to pass skill test in the end. In NJ this also gives you a waiver for DMV road test.
- Does your school offer IME (introductory motorcycle experience)? Its 101, where you learn the very basics of clutch control/shifting/balancing the bike and you can ask to use this very bike in the BRC class later, if you decide to retake it?
michvin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2018, 07:40 AM   #55
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Koala, I drive a Honda Fit, which had 109 hp when new. This car is exactly what the Civic used to be (I had a couple of late 80s Civic hatchbacks). The Civic has gotten bigger and heavier... it now fills the niche once occupied by the Accord. The Accord has become a full-sized sedan, like the old Ford Taurus.

My car easily hauls my bike and everything I need for a track day... and I don't skimp on the creature comforts. Your car is absolutely able to do the job.

BUT (and it's a big but), to do this you need to be able to store the trailer somewhere. I've got room in my yard to do so, but not room in my marriage. So that narrowed it to basically two options: The $$$$ Kendon folding trailer or the cheap-but-crappy Harbor Freight trailer. Obviously I went for the latter, used, with a ramp. It folds up and sits against the back wall of my garage. Simple.

I believe you don't have the luxury of a place to keep such a thing. That leaves you three options: Rent something, bum a lift, or ride your bike to the track.

Riding to the track: It can be done, but it's not ideal. For one thing, there's the risk of getting stranded if you bin your bike. For a first-time track rider with even an ounce of common sense (which you definitely have), this is very unlikely. The other drawbacks are limited ability to carry stuff that would be nice to have, and the fact that you've got to ride home at the end of the day when you're tired. None of these are deal-breakers. This course is a real option if all else fails.

Bumming a lift: One of the best options, especially if you're not prepared to commit to doing more track days in the future. Contact your track day provider and find out if there's anyone in your area you might be able to connect with. Make calls. Make friends. As I'm sure you saw when you visited Mid-O, track riders really are nice folks who are happy to help, ESPECIALLY helping out new riders. Hell, if I were in the area I'd haul your bike for you for free, just to see you get to the track. There are worse ways to spend a Saturday than helping someone out.

Renting: The big benefits here are that there's no lasting commitment and you're not dependent on anyone else for transport. Your choices here are a whole vehicle or a trailer that you can tow yourself. Pros/cons: Vehicle rental is EXPENSIVE. It'll probably wind up costing more than the track day itself by the time you're done (those mileage charges are killer). Trailer rental is much cheaper (U-Haul motorcycle trailer is $15/day, and you'll likely need it for three days... pick up day one, track day two, return day three). However, you'll need a hitch. This is easy... hit up etrailer.com. A couple of hundred bucks for the hitch and associated parts and about an hour under your car and you're all set.

PS: Re ramps. IIRC you've got a sloped driveway. Good practice for loading... get used to power-walking your bike up and you'll be good to go with a ramp. If you do buy a ramp, get a wide one, and the longer the better... I got mine from Tractor Supply and it's the full width of my trailer. That's really handy. Securing ramp to trailer or vehicle is simple... just run a strap from a solid point on the trailer/vehicle to a point on the ramp so it can't slide off. My ramp even came with the straps and hooks.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2018, 07:46 AM   #56
AwDang
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
sorry couldn't help it....I drive a 97 honda civic hatchback that I absolutely love, but there is no way my Persephone could tow anything. there is just too much wrong with her. I just spent a half hour looking up different ways of trying to get Takara to Mid O. Uhaul/Home depot truck rentals you name it. My eyes are barely open and I haven't even had a shower yet.

I like the idea of the cargo van but I cant find anything on if you can put a ramp up to the back of it securely.
https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hit...cleid=19971506

https://www.etrailer.com/t1-1997_Hon...oupe+and+Sedan

https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Ball/...ite/19258.html

https://www.etrailer.com/Ball-Mounts...ite/36061.html

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...1883_200671883

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...2640_200692640

everything you need

Old July 17th, 2018, 09:24 AM   #57
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
I took my test on a Rebel, was really hoping i would end up on one of the other bikes but it didn't take me long at all until i felt really comfortable on it, it was actually kinda fun to ride it. Give it a chance, if you go in with your mind made up that you will hate it nothing good will come of it.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2018, 10:45 AM   #58
CaliGrrl

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Loving those trailer pics!!!! Some are useful, some are just hilarious. I especially like the one where he's modified the car to pull the bike right up inside it or the one on the roof!!!

Koala, as far as holding up the class, we had people in our class who didn't "get" things right away, and we didn't mind waiting for them at all. You don't need to feel bad about it.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2018, 04:08 PM   #59
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:

Tell you what... I will sweeten the deal a bit.

Get someone you trust to ride the bike to the track, I will haul you home. Have them get a tail car to follow them for their ride home or they will become a camping buddy. With enough planning and some gas $$$ I will pick you up. Come the night before and camp so we can get an early start, nice meal and a good night sleep.

The only question left should be what we are having for diner for 2 nights.

csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2018, 04:29 PM   #60
Mechanikrazy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Thruxton R, R6 450 triple, EX300 (sold)

Look into Enterprise Commercial Truck locations near you. Unlike U-Haul, Enterprise has unlimited miles included in the rental. For short rentals, Enterprise is the winner. If you are driving long distances, U-Haul has built-in mileage limits and rate discounts for 1 week or longer rentals.

You can likely get a Ford Transit size van for $85 per day from Enterprise with unlimited miles. I used to rent them for trackdays, and saved on lodging by sleeping in a hammock in the van. If you factor in the cost of a motel room, you're really not paying much for the rental. You can run an extension cord from shore power at many tracks, and have lights and a laptop powered. Also, if you chat up the employees, they might even give you a free upgrade to a high roof model, which you can stand up in.

Just pick up two aluminum ramps (I bought mine off Amazon with 2-day shipping). Ramps will work for loading with the back of a normal Ford Transit.
Mechanikrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2018, 04:36 PM   #61
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
@DannoXYZ thank you for all the pics and ideas on how to tow a bike/trailer with my car .

@adouglas you are the first person that came to mind when thinking about towing a bike with a little car

It's not a lack of imagination, or some internal block that is keeping me from thinking I could tow my bike with my little Perse. It's the fact that even if she was in good enough running condition that I thought she could take it, underneath on the back end is pretty rusty. The area a hitch would go and the hook thingy that you could connect something to does not look strong at all. A newer car is next on my list, but I would not trust her to be up to the task, and she is what I've got right now.

@michvin Motorcycle Ohio does have a BRS Returning Rider course available to those that have had their permit for over a year (or endorsement) and ridden a minimum of 1,000 miles. However, you are still required to use their bikes unless you "have a good reason. IE medical condition." My bike fits in their requirements of no higher than 500cc (not 250cc like the class was saying) BUT it's purely up to each training location on if they are willing to let a rider use their own bike, and not all training locations will accommodate that request.

they don't offer the introductory class like the MSF has.

@subxero I didn't go in with my mind made up that I would hate it, I just knew ahead of time I would be uncomfortable. I still took the bike, as it was the only option I had. I still tried my best on each exercise, no matter how hard it was for me due to the anxiety and discomfort. when things started going from bad to worse I knew I had two options - either they let me change into my boots so I could ride one of the previously nixed bikes where I was on tip toes in my sneakers, or they slow things down a bit so I could attempt to get more comfortable on that bike (which actually may have been a suzuki, I was so stressed out I couldn't remember, but it was essentially the same as the Rebel). There was no ok to that either.

I'm not going to dwell on any of that anymore, what happened is done, I made the choice I thought was best for me and now I have to roll with it. I'll get through this, I know I have the ability, and I'm going to enjoy every minute I get to spend on my bike.

calling @csmith12 sending you a pm

Old July 17th, 2018, 04:47 PM   #62
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Tell you what... I will sweeten the deal a bit.

Get someone you trust to ride the bike to the track, I will haul you home. Have them get a tail car to follow them for their ride home or they will become a camping buddy. With enough planning and some gas $$$ I will pick you up. Come the night before and camp so we can get an early start, nice meal and a good night sleep.

The only question left should be what we are having for diner for 2 nights.

I didn't see this until after I got done with my mile long post lol.

I wish I had someone I could trust to ride Takara up there. I have 3 people I would, one not talking to me, one blew me off on just riding the bike to the mall parking lot, and the other just gave me a smart ass response when I asked if he knew anybody that would be willing to help me with practice. so not sure if he would be willing to ride up there.

I told you I would pay you for your time and expertise, I would happily pay you gas money plus some if you were to be transportation to and from Mid O for me and my bike. I've got that Sunday/Monday off, however you would want to do it. I'll pay you and we could eat like kings those two days on my dime.....as long as you do the cooking, you don't want me to cook, not if we're going to eat good anyways

It's either I pay you the good money in my pocket, or I pay U-Haul, I'd rather you have it.

P.s. texted you, not sure if you got it or not though

Old July 17th, 2018, 04:51 PM   #63
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanikrazy View Post
Look into Enterprise Commercial Truck locations near you. Unlike U-Haul, Enterprise has unlimited miles included in the rental. For short rentals, Enterprise is the winner. If you are driving long distances, U-Haul has built-in mileage limits and rate discounts for 1 week or longer rentals.

You can likely get a Ford Transit size van for $85 per day from Enterprise with unlimited miles. I used to rent them for trackdays, and saved on lodging by sleeping in a hammock in the van. If you factor in the cost of a motel room, you're really not paying much for the rental. You can run an extension cord from shore power at many tracks, and have lights and a laptop powered. Also, if you chat up the employees, they might even give you a free upgrade to a high roof model, which you can stand up in.

Just pick up two aluminum ramps (I bought mine off Amazon with 2-day shipping). Ramps will work for loading with the back of a normal Ford Transit.
the whole rent the van, buy ramp, and just sleep in the van is the idea I originally had. I didn't get a quote from enterprise though when I was looking around last night, was too sleepy, needed to go to bed.

I'm the one who has it all planned out for my next car - get another hatchback so my small self can sleep in the back on one of those huge memory foam dog beds

Old July 17th, 2018, 05:48 PM   #64
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
SNIP - when things started going from bad to worse I knew I had two options - either they let me change into my boots so I could ride one of the previously nixed bikes where I was on tip toes in my sneakers, or they slow things down a bit so I could attempt to get more comfortable on that bike (which actually may have been a suzuki, I was so stressed out I couldn't remember, but it was essentially the same as the Rebel). There was no ok to that either.
I still don't understand why they wouldn't let you change into your riding boots.

I knew someone here would step-up and help you - thanks Chris.

As so often, the best things are the biggest PITA to make happen - but always worth the trouble.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2018, 05:58 PM   #65
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
I am surprised they let her wear tennis shoes. We we're required over the ankle boots. This could have mad the difference in the beginning.

Old July 17th, 2018, 06:38 PM   #66
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
I am surprised they let her wear tennis shoes. We we're required over the ankle boots. This could have mad the difference in the beginning.
the only requirement was that they cover your ankle bone and they couldn't be like a chuck t style thin canvas shoe. I have pleather like DC shoes that aren't quite high tops but they go about an inch and a half over my ankle bone. they are pretty stiff and sturdy sneakers.

Last futzed with by Koala; July 17th, 2018 at 06:38 PM. Reason: repeated words

Old July 17th, 2018, 06:41 PM   #67
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
I still don't understand why they wouldn't let you change into your riding boots.

I knew someone here would step-up and help you - thanks Chris.

As so often, the best things are the biggest PITA to make happen - but always worth the trouble.
I'm thinking it has to do with the hidden wedge. I know they had stated that they preferred we wear something with no heel on it. they don't have a heel on the sole, it's on the inside.

they also didn't mention anything about having to be flat footed on the bike when I was talking to them about the various seat heights of the bikes they offered. if they had I would have just worn my boots without saying a word.

Old July 29th, 2018, 08:18 AM   #68
AwDang
ninjette.org guru

So where are you at with this adventure?

Old July 29th, 2018, 08:56 AM   #69
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
The adventure is on pause for the moment. I asked for advice about my wrists and have been told I should let them heal so I can be ready for my meet up with Chris at Mid Ohio. That's what I'm going to do, so my lovely Takara stays still for now. I keep giving her longing looks as I walk by, but I can be patient, it will be worth it.

I know, not exciting, but I'll be super happy when I'm riding her again.
@snot I wish I could make it out to Adkins, but I've got too much going on right now. Thanks for the invite out there, perhaps another time

Old August 22nd, 2018, 12:01 PM   #70
Ducati999

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
The adventure is on pause for the moment. I asked for advice about my wrists and have been told I should let them heal so I can be ready for my meet up with Chris at Mid Ohio. That's what I'm going to do, so my lovely Takara stays still for now. I keep giving her longing looks as I walk by, but I can be patient, it will be worth it.

I know, not exciting, but I'll be super happy when I'm riding her again.
@snot I wish I could make it out to Adkins, but I've got too much going on right now. Thanks for the invite out there, perhaps another time

Require update. What is your ETA to return to riding? When will you be at Mid O learning from the master? Keep us posted and good luck
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 22nd, 2018, 04:52 PM   #71
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
Require update. What is your ETA to return to riding? When will you be at Mid O learning from the master? Keep us posted and good luck
I did a quick update in my first ride thread. I had the pleasure of being at Mid O with Chris this past weekend. We arrived late morning/early afternoon on Saturday and left a little after one on Monday morning.

Words can't express the happiness I'm still feeling over the experience, and how grateful I am to Chris for taking the time to help me out. This world really needs more people like him. I wish I could have stayed longer, in fact, a few of the guys wanted me too! I left that up to him though, and I was completely understanding of the fact that he was exhausted and needed to be able to concentrate on doing his job with the novice group on the track Monday.

I thoroughly enjoyed the time that I did have with him. I only had one bit where the smile left my face, and that's when I dropped Takara. I wasn't mad about her getting scuffed up, I was mad at myself and slightly embarrassed. He gave me the time I needed chill for few minutes back at the trailer so I could collect my thoughts, get over it, and move on. My smile was back soon after

We didn't get to everything he had wanted me to practice (quick stops for example), but I'm at a point now where I feel comfortable in my ability to get off my street and ride on some of the quieter roads in my area as well as practicing in a parking lot on my own.

It was an awesome experience for me. I know I'll have to work at getting where I want to be, but I also know I'll have fun doing it. I look forward to going back and being on the track next year.

@csmith12 I've been dying to know what happened with the bike key situation

Old August 22nd, 2018, 06:35 PM   #72
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

It was a pleasure helping you out, and take a "modified" BRC course with me. Everyone has their "own way" and I understand that, wish more coaches did...

As with most things in life, we are our own worst enemy, and one ounce of confidence is worth one pound of success. Your self described worst moment, was actually your best moment.... Aka, you broke your mold and tried something new even when presented an easier alternative. I know it was the sour instance where the smile wasn't there, but it shows you can overcome on your own. And... THAT is what makes a real rider. To carry on.

You got some work to do, but keep your attitude positive and all will work out, just like it supposed to.

Keep doing your magic and don't let anyone stop you. Till next year.... practice up and be ready for a track day. Feel free to request me as a coach and Mid-O will do their best to make it happen. However.... it might be better to get "Honda John", he is my equal and great with people. Variety is the spice of life ya know.

Old August 22nd, 2018, 06:40 PM   #73
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
I've been dying to know what happened with the bike key situation
I dunno... in the end, everyone had their keys at go time and was ok. My friend Drew did have a mechanical issue with his 750 on Mon (NO Power). Bike sharing protocol was initiated and it always works out like it always has been when friends get together in the paddock. Everyone rode every session and left with a smile.

Cant get much better than that really.