ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old April 5th, 2024, 10:19 PM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Culling the stable

The bikes in the garage aren't getting nearly the usage that they should be, and that certainly was the case for the two smallest dirtbikes for the kids. They have both outgrown them, so they were paperweights taking up space. With some fresh gas and charged batteries, I was able to start them both for the first time in a very long time - and it was time to let them go. A few minutes after posting them on a relatively busy local board this afternoon, someone offered to buy both at asking. They came over with a truck, and we have more space in the garage and a little cash. It's never a good feeling when they aren't going to be immediately replaced!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Old April 7th, 2024, 06:09 AM   #2
EternalNewb
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 F650 Dakar

Aw, those would make sweet little bike for mini racing on the kart track! I've done over 4 hours straight on one of those little CRF50s, and it was a blast!
EternalNewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2024, 08:12 AM   #3
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Nice to have the space, though, and to know the bikes will get ridden. We have one like that to sell, too. Got to get it back together and running.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 9th, 2024, 09:33 AM   #4
Omnitech
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Space and money is always great but I always have trouble releasing one of my vehicles into the wild. Even the crap boxes I've owned I always got a little sad when I sold them lol.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old April 25th, 2024, 08:35 PM   #5
jcgss77
Its not a 250,its a Ninja

Name: Shaun

Motorcycle(s): '11 CBR250R, '22 CFMOTO 300NK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
The bikes in the garage aren't getting nearly the usage that they should be, and that certainly was the case for the two smallest dirtbikes for the kids. They have both outgrown them, so they were paperweights taking up space. With some fresh gas and charged batteries, I was able to start them both for the first time in a very long time - and it was time to let them go. A few minutes after posting them on a relatively busy local board this afternoon, someone offered to buy both at asking. They came over with a truck, and we have more space in the garage and a little cash. It's never a good feeling when they aren't going to be immediately replaced!

It is good to have the bikes that will certainly not get ridden get to someone who will love them and then help to convert a new generation of squids. I am tearing up over here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnitech View Post
Space and money is always great but I always have trouble releasing one of my vehicles into the wild. Even the crap boxes I've owned I always got a little sad when I sold them lol.
I definitely get this. All of the bikes I have re-sold seem to have taken a bit of my soul with them...even if I got rid of them intentionally to make money.
jcgss77 is offline   Reply With Quote