Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed > Track Organizations

Notices

Old January 18th, 2015, 08:19 PM   #1
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dre

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300, 2008 ZX6, 2011 Ninja 1000

Team Promotion

Good bunch of folks. East coast. Kawasaki is a sponsor. And starting this year, they will be renting 300s and 650s to new riders!

Tracks:
  1. VIR North and South
  2. Summit Point Shenandoah and Main
  3. Pocono (bunch of configurations)
  4. New York Safety Track
  5. NCBike
  6. Dominion Raceway (when it's built)
  7. NJMP Lightning and Thunderbolt

A couple of things to add. Memberships are more expensive than other orgs. All memberships are for the calendar year.
Inside Pass - $75 for regular membership
Full Throttle - $300 with discounted track days and specials. You break even after 5 or 6 days.
Titanium - Somewhere around $3k for attending as many track days as you like.

In 2014, they started doing some racing at specific track days. They call it GPMoto, which are usually on Mondays. I only participated in one race. But it seems pretty fun. I've been talking to the owner about a small bike class, and he is all-in. Ideally, that class would have its own races. But it really depends on numbers. So the small displacement class may be a separate wave with the middle-weights. As I get more info, I will post something on the site.

http://teampromotion.com/

Last futzed with by gogoKawi; January 19th, 2015 at 01:50 PM.
gogoKawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2015, 01:09 PM   #2
Bigballsofpaint
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

Just wondering how many others here have used TPM. Ive only done a single day with TTD although i bought a membership for this year. TTD is only running 2 tracks though, and i want to go to NYST and TPM is running that.

How many groups do they run? Their site says 3 or 4, but they also have ARC classes running too. My friends may be interested in doing the rent a 300 or 650 since its a great price (first track day, they give youa bike, leathers, gloves and boots for 295, wow). Wow a new track day person (myself) also run with the ARC 1 guys? Just not sure how all that is.
Bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2015, 09:16 PM   #3
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

TPM usually runs 3 groups: Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced. A 4th group is added when there is a large ART 1 class (Advanced Rider Training), Track Day Girl group, or when there is a lot of people in one group (which is rare).

ART 1 class is usually combined with the Novice group. Those taking the class usually wear a vest and have classroom time throughout the day in between track sessions. While on the track you follow behind the coaches for most of the morning. Then you are cut loose during the afternoon.

Renting the bike from them is a really good deal. Just be prepared to put down a deductible for insurance, which I believe is $1k. You can also rent gear, though you have to bring your own helmet.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 08:30 AM   #4
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

TPM has a sale for all Shenandoah track days in 2015 for $100 per day. Sale goes through Tuesday, 3/24. It's a steal for one of the best tracks in the mid Atlantic.
Old April 5th, 2015, 06:37 AM   #5
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quick review, rode with TPM for the first time yesterday

they allowed me to take the ART class despite being a tad bit overqualified for it, the fact that I crashed out the first time I went to shenny didn't hurt the decision at all.

Art level one is free and I highly recommend it, it is very similar in quality and structure to the mid-ohio school. The coaches helped me polish up being smoother on the bike particularly with side to side transitions and the other person in the class was brand new to track. By the end of the day he was riding infinitely better and I was riding at the front of the pack passing people and chasing down coaches while dragging a bit of knee in a few corners.

I do have the oddest thing though, I tend to get mixed up in other peoples paces easily rather than just passing them when I know I can.