ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed > Track Organizations

Notices

Old September 12th, 2014, 06:39 PM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Tony's Track Days

Northeast
Tony's Track Days

http://www.tonystrackdays.com

The good: Very well run, very friendly. Oriented towards street riders.
The bad: Can be crowded. Non-member pricing on the high side.
Notes: Annual membership is $500, with no lower option. Breakeven point is five days. Includes decent discount on tires and MOTUL oil. Memberships have been discounted in the past, during the off season. Strong presence on http://www.bandofriders.net

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2014, 04:48 AM   #2
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Just ran across this. Great idea, Alex!

At the last track day Tony announced 2015 membership pricing, which is going up a bit. Now $550.

He also reported that they may be doing a small-scale day at Lime Rock.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 06:44 AM   #3
Qomomoko
ninjette.org guru

Name: Luis

Motorcycle(s): 1995 Ninja 250, 2005 R6, 2002 Ducati Monster S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Northeast
Tony's Track Days

http://www.tonystrackdays.com

The good: Very well run, very friendly. Oriented towards street riders.
The bad: Can be crowded. Non-member pricing on the high side.
Notes: Annual membership is $500, with no lower option. Breakeven point is five days. Includes decent discount on tires and MOTUL oil. Memberships have been discounted in the past, during the off season. Strong presence on http://www.bandofriders.net
I might need a bundle pricing from Florida track Days...( they do not offer any)

I have done at least three track days this year so far and plan on not skipping any (3 more at least)

That is beacoup $$.. .. somebody stop me!!
Qomomoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2014, 04:42 PM   #4
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qomomoko View Post
I might need a bundle pricing from Florida track Days...( they do not offer any)

I have done at least three track days this year so far and plan on not skipping any (3 more at least)

That is beacoup $$.. .. somebody stop me!!
I agree there is a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$ involved with track riding. I went for 3 (total) days this year and it cost $700! I plan on doing more next year but since i will be starting a new job soon I am on the fence about a membership. Unsure if I will be able to do enough days to make it worth the price.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2014, 05:55 PM   #5
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Anyone compare track day pricing with Club Racing prices? I would think that after one or two track days a club race would be more fun and maybe cheaper.
Old September 26th, 2014, 06:07 PM   #6
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Anyone compare track day pricing with Club Racing prices? I would think that after one or two track days a club race would be more fun and maybe cheaper.
i can only talk about the local club and track day groups, but...

typically a track day runs between 160 to 200 for chuckwalla per day... so a 3 day weekend might cost $5-600 plus expenses. normal 3 group rotation with 20 minutes per group often not breaking for lunch more than a few minutes to swap out CW's... typically 2-6 crashes a day. often the orgs here keep 2 medics so when one gets sent out people can keep riding.

cvma yearly: $120 (50 for mechs)
cvma first race: $100
cvma each additional race: $50
transponder rental: $20

you get 2x 15min practice sessions and a 20min qualifier. the 250 races are usually 6 laps at 2.6mi/lap, average speed on the 250 is around 85.
250s can race in 250ss, which has sat and sunday, and L/W shootout which i think only runs saturday. not allowed in twins as its meant for the bigger bikes.

this is considerably less time than you get at a track day. maybe half the time or less. but the intensity of the riding during that time more than makes up for it.

so you top out at $100 + $50 + $50 + $20 = $220 a weekend plus expenses, or $340 if it's your first time racing. but you actually have to take the new racer school before you can race, so if you do that saturday its the cost of a track day w/ racer license which is $100... so for your first 3 day weekend of racing you top out at $440 in track fees.

alternatively if you dont want to race but just ride, you can get a cvma membership for $120 a year... and then just ride $100 practice track days at the racer discount price.

the problem is... NRS runs in A group... and if you can't run in A group... you ain't gonna be doing so great... which kinda sucks for new riders... kinda nicer for a new rider to be able to do things slower with a track day in C group... but on the other hand jumping straight in, you would learn very quickly
Old September 26th, 2014, 08:56 PM   #7
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Oddly enough the race series I run is somewhat cheaper if you already have a transponder.

Race 1 Entry: $90
Race 2 Entry: $70
Transponder: $30

1 hour open practice
1 20min session of lightweight/novice practice
1 20min session of 250 class practice
Race 1: 8 laps
Race 2: 8 laps

Total time about 2hours, ti t for ta t about the same as a track day, round my parts.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2014, 08:27 AM   #8
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Oddly enough the race series I run is somewhat cheaper if you already have a transponder.

Race 1 Entry: $90
Race 2 Entry: $70
Transponder: $30

1 hour open practice
1 20min session of lightweight/novice practice
1 20min session of 250 class practice
Race 1: 8 laps
Race 2: 8 laps

Total time about 2hours, ti t for ta t about the same as a track day, round my parts.

But what about all the money you win!
Old September 28th, 2014, 08:40 AM   #9
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
But what about all the money you win!

I never count on the purse or contingency $$ but if I get some, it normally just buys next seasons bits.
Old November 28th, 2014, 01:03 PM   #10
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Update!

I really enjoyed the couple of track days I did with Tony's. I shook his hand personally and can say he is a hell-of-a nice guy. If you got an issue... no matter what it is, he will try to address it. Not every track day org manager will send the tire vender over to your pit to ensure you got your wheel spacers. ijs... Dat stuff really counts in the end.

Sure, it's expensive but so is everything else. Go if you can, have a good time. If your a first timer, you're in luck! He runs 4 skill groups to ensure everyone is where they need to be skill and pace wise but don't be afraid to speak up if you find yourself uncomfortable in the group you registered.

Even though I arrived super late, I appreciated that Tony observed "quiet time" as a good nights sleep is important the next day.

Special Notes:
There was no shortage of CR's and they all could be found in the same garage. Super available and eager to help. And the best part.... for a bit more $$ he will feed ya a good meal, all you can eat style!

You can't go wrong riding with this group your first time out!
Old January 18th, 2016, 01:19 PM   #11
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Update,

I have put in a few laps with Tony himself. Not only does he run the paddock as it should be run, taking care of riders and all, he might just get out there and put in some laps too.

You simply just can't go wrong riding with @ttd.

For full disclosure, I have hauled nearly 700 miles to ride with this group and would gladly do it again without a second thought.